Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

please dont shoot me its for a good cause

Hi guys,just wanted to ask a big favour from the big hearted of you canaries fans.For years Cancer has plagued my family and others that i have known as well as millions around the world. I have decided that i need to become more pro active in my pursuit of helping to eradicate the disease. So i have undertaken the 10k run this year in aid of cancer ressearch uk.This isn''t a huge distance, and nor am i the only one doing it. but i am hoping that many others will understand the reason i am appealing to you all as cancer is a disease many of us can associate with.so i ask of you lovely fans to donate your hard earned pennies, even if it is just 1p (every little helps) to help me reach my 1k target and help cancer reaserch uk win the war on cancerplease find here a link to my sponsorship page :  http://www.run10ksponsorme.org/jordankempkind regardsjordan kemp

All the best, I lost my mother to Cancer when I was 12, with better drugs she may have lived longer and my life would have gone in a different direction.  Only a tenner but for the best cause imo.  Good luck Captain.

cheers guys, appreciate it. i lost my mother at 16, a couple of years ago. left me with an 8 year old sister to look after and see right. there are lots worse out there left with nobody because of cancer and its my hope that. by raising money. No one else will have to go through what millions have endured so far.

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]Does your sponsor page accept paypal?[/quote]

I tried twice to use paypal but there seems to be a problem. I''ll try again later.

Good luck Jordan[Y]

[quote user="missing in action"]Hi guys,
just wanted to ask a big favour from the big hearted of you canaries fans.
For years Cancer has plagued my family and others that i have known as well as millions around the world. I have decided that i need to become more pro active in my pursuit of helping to eradicate the disease. So i have undertaken the 10k run this year in aid of cancer ressearch uk.
This isn''t a huge distance, and nor am i the only one doing it. but i am hoping that many others will understand the reason i am appealing to you all as cancer is a disease many of us can associate with.
so i ask of you lovely fans to donate your hard earned pennies, even if it is just 1p (every little helps) to help me reach my 1k target and help cancer reaserch uk win the war on cancer

please find here a link to my sponsorship page :  http://www.run10ksponsorme.org/jordankemp

kind regards
jordan kemp
[/quote]

Hi MIA, when I next get paid I will donate [Y]

i''m going to have a word with the lads at training to see if Digital NRG can stick some money in collectively. if the funds aint great i''ll chuck a few quid in myself on pay day

I''d like to contribute but don''t have paypal, will give the money to someone like Nutty Nigel who will pay it into paypal for me if I ask him nicely.

Lost my brother - in -law to cancer just recently and its a horrible illness to have which affects a lot of people directly or indirectly nowadays.

Just wanted to say thank you to all those who have donated so far. even in a recession people have found generosity to donate to a worthy cause and to trust me to do them proud and ensure that both my targets are achieved and help millions of people in the future.Im a believer that charity should start at home. and the fact that i support such a worthy charity shows my affection to it and that i believe that this disewase affects many homes and that to try and beat it is a challenge we should all aspire to achieve. and With my and more importantly all of you generous norwich fans help we can beat it..Cheers guysJordan

I would be happy to help you with a training plan/advice if that would be of any use.  I''ve done quite a lot of running in the last few years so I might be able to advise - depending on if you''re going for a time or just to get round, we could work out a training schedule.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I would be happy to help you with a training plan/advice if that would be of any use.  I''ve done quite a lot of running in the last few years so I might be able to advise - depending on if you''re going for a time or just to get round, we could work out a training schedule.[/quote]yeah id be interested in advice as atm im working on what i know of physiology and general training.been doing 3 mile runs atm just getting used to it. plenty in the tank mind. I want to complete in 30 mins at a pace of 12mph...

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I would be happy to help you with a training plan/advice if that would be of any use.  I''ve done quite a lot of running in the last few years so I might be able to advise - depending on if you''re going for a time or just to get round, we could work out a training schedule.[/quote]yeah id be interested in advice as atm im working on what i know of physiology and general training.been doing 3 mile runs atm just getting used to it. plenty in the tank mind. I want to complete in 30 mins at a pace of 12mph...[/quote]You want to complete a 10k race in 30 minutes.  Okay.10k is about 6.2 miles, which means you''ll need to run sub-5 minute miles for the entire race.  Achieving this will put you easily into the top 1,000 runners given that the 10k world record is 26:
17.53 and the road race record is 27:01.Clearly you''re taking the piss and I can''t help you - I was going to offer advice on running shoes, making sure you avoid injury, getting a sub 45-minute 10k,  but you clearly know it all already so good luck.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I would be happy to help you with a training plan/advice if that would be of any use.  I''ve done quite a lot of running in the last few years so I might be able to advise - depending on if you''re going for a time or just to get round, we could work out a training schedule.[/quote]yeah id be interested in advice as atm im working on what i know of physiology and general training.been doing 3 mile runs atm just getting used to it. plenty in the tank mind. I want to complete in 30 mins at a pace of 12mph...[/quote]You want to complete a 10k race in 30 minutes.  Okay.10k is about 6.2 miles, which means you''ll need to run sub-5 minute miles for the entire race.  Achieving this will put you easily into the top 1,000 runners given that the 10k world record is 26:
17.53 and the road race record is 27:01.Clearly you''re taking the piss and I can''t help you - I was going to offer advice on running shoes, making sure you avoid injury, getting a sub 45-minute 10k,  but you clearly know it all already so good luck.
[/quote]no im not taking the mick mate. i genuinely though it may have been achiveable to run at 12mph througout the duration. Obviously this probably isnt likely as it would seem. I naturally would welcome any advice you can offer that will just make me as quick as i can be whether it is gonna take me round longer. Honestly MC im not trying to take the piss. i thought it may have been achieveable.