Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Why buy a centre back with prem experience and not play him?

The back line has to be changed after that crap at the weekend, total change.

think of the worst possible............                            

4-0, it''s just happend!

HELVEG           THE DOC           SHACKS         CHARLTON

Helveg, this guy has lots of experience but needs time to get into it, plus im getting pi$$ed off with shouting where was edworthy.

The doc, the centre back with the most prem experience of the lot, bought for that reason. Try playing him then worthy you fool.

Shacks, hot prospect and great in the air, give the lad a chance. we cant go any lower than 20th place.

Charlton, looks the best of our back four this season, but he aint a centre back. so why play him there.

Docherty is an awful centre half and should not be played there - to drop the player of the season for someone more at home in a big-top is laughable.  Get the video of Tottenham v Leicester ( and v Man City I believe) from last year.

He makes Fleming and Charlton look like Moore and Charlton..........you see what I''ve done there!

If anything I would drop Charlton for either Shack or Helveg at centre half.  (Helveg plays there for Denmark).

Play 4 - 5 - 1. With Phil, Holt and Damo holding the central midfield together.  Scientific fact that it is harder for the opposition to score when we have the ball.  Bentley and Huckleberry out wide to support who the hell you like up front.  Push on when we are attacking and tuck in when we ain''t.

Bingo - 3 points and Bob''s your uncle (either Charlton or Fleming - see, see......).

Why buy a centre back with prem experience and not play him?

Answer...  PANIC BUY, PANIC BUY, PANIC BUY. Worthy has now realised what 40,000 spurs fans and most Norwich fans already new before we signed him......HE''S PANTS.

Fatboy: Do we know he is pants as a central defender as he has not been tried in that position. We need more hieght in that position and that means replacing someone in the middle. Charlton seems to be performing better than Fleming (with his new extended contract) so Fleming should be the one to be rested.

Helveg has been looking more comfortable further upfield but has been kept out due to formation i.e. diamond, or other midfielders. I expect he will get a run in the back line now as Eddy''s form has dipped. Chalton, Flem and Drury are doing fine as long as they stay forward. See whats happened when they drop back. Their lack of height and strength lets them down.

I think a few changes wouldn''t go a miss and I wouldn''t be suprised to see an intersting line up on sat

After last Saturdays defensive disaster - I would say Worthy now has the opportunity to ring some changes - also with all the hype around Helveg - maybe this is a good chance to let him prove himself - if he fails then the hype goes away. I would change both of the full backs and form it like this:Helveg Flem Shackell CharltonI saw the goals on TV last night and both Drury and Ed were constantly being drawn out of position and allowing crosses to come in - and then when the ball came in there was no height to defend it. For me Drury has struggled this season and has been constantly caught in no mans land somewhere between leftback and centreback - not picking up the wingers - I wonder what is the cause of this? is it lack of communication between him and Charlton - lack of defending in the left hand midfield positions?? What ever it is now the time for a wholesale change at the back.

Harsh on Drury - has anyone noticed that his sudden dip in form coincided exactly with Huckerby''s arrival as left "midfielder".It''s not fair on Drury, or Hucks.

Sorry Alan, you''re right. I havn''t seen him him play in that position. What i should have said was that he was pants for spurs as a centre back, so i expect he will be just as bad for us.

You are also correct when you state we need more height in that position. I agree with this but feel the answer is Shackell to replace Fleming. By all accounts Shackell has been outperforming the doc regualy in the reserves.

For me the new and improved back four has got to be....

Helveg         Charlton       Shackell        Drury.