Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Bradley Orr set to sign!

Have just been informed that we are in talks with Bradley Orr from Bristol City and that talks are at an advanced stage.  We have had a bid accepted, which i was told is a good price for a good player due to him only having a year left on his contract.

Think this guy plays as a right back - so makes alot of sense!  I''ve just had a look on skysports.com and it says on there that he is set to leave Bristol City but doesn''t say who too though?

Hope my source isn''t having me on - didn''t seem to be!

If my source is correct and BBC are correct then it''s between us and QPR.  I''d be happy to see him join us.  We''ll see what happens...........My source has probably made me look a mug though! LOL!

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]If my source is correct and BBC are correct then it''s between us and QPR.  I''d be happy to see him join us.  We''ll see what happens...........My source has probably made me look a mug though! LOL![/quote]That wouldn''t be unusual around here. Sometimes I wonder whether everybody that gets things wrong all have the same source. [:P]

To be fair to RDW none of those reports have anything concrete about him moving to QPR so quite why everyone is being so dismissive i don''t know. Not sure why anyone would bother putting any info on here these days as all you get is a load of grief for it. Its quite possible that QPR were lining up a deal for him but we have matched the fee and he has had talks with both of us. Its quite possible he will move to QPR. It is also possible, however, that he may be signing for us.

"On 29 August 2006 Orr was sent off for attempting to head-butt his own teammate, Louis Carey, during a game against Northampton Town.

""On 1 September 2006 Orr was sentenced to 28 days in jail relating to an

incident outside the popular Bristol nightclub ''Romeo Browns'' the

previous October. "

[quote user="Beauseant"]We have a perfectly good right back.[/quote]

Who played very well at the weekend and his pace will probably be very important to us.

Having said that, he looked very close to getting injured towards the end of the game and, although he carried on, I suspect he might be feeling that for a few days. Which makes you think that if he was to get an injury then we might be struggling a bit in that area.

Martin, Spillane, Francomb.

Cannot see this area being strengthened any more unless we get a loanee in.

R.Martin is okay, Francomb/Brindley are unproven.Definitely think we need another right back. Orr would have been good, but it does look like he''s going to QPR. Rosenior would have been good as well but looks like he could join Coppell at Bristol City.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Spillane left a month ago.[/quote]

I bet he feelsvery silly now! lol

[/quote]

Oh yeah, had blocked that one!

[quote user="GJP"]

Who played very well at the weekend and his pace will probably be very important to us.

Having said that, he looked very close to getting injured towards the end of the game and, although he carried on, I suspect he might be feeling that for a few days. Which makes you think that if he was to get an injury then we might be struggling a bit in that area.

[/quote]

Nah, just got a ''grand-dad'' that''s all. Put in an amazing last ditch tackle that prevented a very good oppertunity on goal for Lovenkrands. He instantly told the ref that he was ok to play on, one of those that kills right after it happens but subsides as you run about and get the blood flowing again. Wouldn''t think it was too serious.

He is sort of baffling though - looked good and solid against Newcastle - did he get on the wrong side of someone at Peterborough?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Nah, just got a ''grand-dad'' that''s all. Put in an amazing last ditch tackle that prevented a very good oppertunity on goal for Lovenkrands. He instantly told the ref that he was ok to play on, one of those that kills right after it happens but subsides as you run about and get the blood flowing again. Wouldn''t think it was too serious.

He is sort of baffling though - looked good and solid against Newcastle - did he get on the wrong side of someone at Peterborough?

[/quote]Martin (R) has alluded to that, in his recent interview with Archant he said that it was not footballing reasons that he only got a run of 10 or so games in the Championship and he thought he held his own.I didn''t think he did anything great at the weekend, maybe Drury''s utterly abysmal  performance clouded your view, as compared to him, I had a storming game.