Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Twitter...

I know this has probably been covered in other posts, but just trying to keep it simple and focused on this thread without digressing too much into other subjects.Is not Twitter another way of a newspaper reporting on a match. I cannot see the difference of reporting this way as opposed to live text commentary, just because it''s being done through another website.I''m not against it, just trying to understand the full implications at this stage.Thoughts?

Fans could comment on what was happening via Twitter, you could give rolling 140 character-bursts of info from the game. But I believe that if a publishing or other form of media company were to be seen to have commercial gain from attracting people to their twitter feed and associating themsleves with the broadcasting of the goings on of that licensed football league event, then they might get their hand spanked in these new draconian times.Are you suggesting that we have a series of "twitterspondents" around Carra rud for exiles who take it in turns to report in live text style?

"Normal

false

false

false

EN-US

X-NONE

X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4"By the way, I have no idea why my PC chose to share the above with you too. Was only meant to be a return.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Just add #pinkun if you''re at the game and on twitter....[/quote]Ha ha so this IS the cunning plan!

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Just add #pinkun if you''re at the game and on twitter....[/quote]Ha ha so this IS the cunning plan![/quote]Undecided yet. Hoping for a better resolution to the farce.

Tis what I will be doing from games. Follow @AdeBarbs if ya want.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Just add #pinkun if you''re at the game and on twitter....[/quote]Ha ha so this IS the cunning plan![/quote]Undecided yet. Hoping for a better resolution to the farce.[/quote]Well they couldn''t do anything about a discussion via tweets backwards and forwards, I only think they''d be able to do you for pro-actively advertising it as a service and that twitter account being associated with a printed/online channel of media. If the tweets were to come from a non Pink-un branded account, and everyone who was a fan of the Pink-Un messageboard was made aware of this reliable source that would be at every game home and away (but was just a fan called Michael/Pete etc.) then they could all flock there for the live-tweet coverage.Not ideal I know, but would get roudn what you''re getting blocked for.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Just add #pinkun if you''re at the game and on twitter....[/quote]Ha ha so this IS the cunning plan![/quote]Undecided yet. Hoping for a better resolution to the farce.[/quote]Well they couldn''t do anything about a discussion via tweets backwards and forwards, I only think they''d be able to do you for pro-actively advertising it as a service and that twitter account being associated with a printed/online channel of media. If the tweets were to come from a non Pink-un branded account, and everyone who was a fan of the Pink-Un messageboard was made aware of this reliable source that would be at every game home and away (but was just a fan called Michael/Pete etc.) then they could all flock there for the live-tweet coverage.Not ideal I know, but would get roudn what you''re getting blocked for.[/quote]Indeed, every fan at the game or listening on the radio or watching on TV immediately becomes involved by adding #pinkun at the end of their tweets, and non-tweeters can still watch too....

It''s not ideal though is it mate. You''ll end up with a bunch of trending chatter, where someone will take offence to someone saying Russell Martin''s left boot is shinier than his right one and then someone will retweet it accusing him of being first wiz, that will all kick off and people who log on at 15:58 for a score update will be just viewing an argument rather than who scored our opening two goals.Plus, there''s the tricky issue of profanity. Does your fine organ want to be encouraging traffic to view what could be potentially sweary messages when we''re 1-0 down away to Sheff U and someone''s had a few too many on the train up there?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]They can do all of that already, and I can''t say I''ve noticed anything like that before.[/quote]But it will be the only place, because the live feed that eveyrone was using will no longer be available.I just hope someone has a dose of common sense and they let them get on with it as was.

Can''t see how they could stop an Archant employee being put in an office with Radio Norfolk on and simply repeating it on Twitter.  What are they going to do? Raid Archant towers?

[quote user="Seat0123"]It''s not ideal though is it mate. You''ll end up with a bunch of trending chatter, where someone will take offence to someone saying Russell Martin''s left boot is shinier than his right one and then someone will retweet it accusing him of being first wiz, that will all kick off and people who log on at 15:58 for a score update will be just viewing an argument rather than who scored our opening two goals.Plus, there''s the tricky issue of profanity. Does your fine organ want to be encouraging traffic to view what could be potentially sweary messages when we''re 1-0 down away to Sheff U and someone''s had a few too many on the train up there?[/quote]Our twitter feed has a swear filter plus there''ll be the ''official'' tweets from our journos at the game in their alloted time windows but, yes, far from ideal...

[quote user="AndyJR"]Can''t see how they could stop an Archant employee being put in an office with Radio Norfolk on and simply repeating it on Twitter.  What are they going to do? Raid Archant towers?[/quote]We did that, well I did, for every away game in the relegation season - and the viewing figures showed that nothing compares to the presenter being at the game.

The way The Googler did it on saturday worked ok.Ok it''s not ideal,and he probably missed a bit of the action,but with a few people doing it....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="AndyJR"]Can''t see how they could stop an Archant employee being put in an office with Radio Norfolk on and simply repeating it on Twitter.  What are they going to do? Raid Archant towers?[/quote]We did that, well I did, for every away game in the relegation season - and the viewing figures showed that nothing compares to the presenter being at the game.[/quote]Well if you can do that it makes DataCo even more ridiculous.  This whole thing seems utterly preposterous to me in general.  Are they suggesting this is keeping fans from going to the games or do they want to charge you which in turn means you would have to charge the user?  Either way the fan gets shafted.  I really don''t think those who rely on the service aren''t going because because the service exists; this just punishes the fans that can''t get to the games.For once can''t the FA and the powers that be just ring DataCo and say ''stop being so utterly ridiculous and I''ll hear no more of this utter twonk''.  Anyone seen a squadron of pigs flying lately?  It''s pathetic and makes me rather angry, it stinks.

Are fans allowed to produce a live feed? Is it just newspapers that cannot do this?What is stopping a fan creating a Norwich website and running a LIVE feed on the action with the odd #pinkun thrown in every now and then?