Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Frys Evil Twin

Danny Green and Scott Doe

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Norwich-to-make-double-raid-on-Daggenham-and-Redbridge-for-Scott-Doe-and-Danny-Green-article537315.html

I''m sure at least half of that deal would please a lot of people on here?

Very much so. [Y]Of course Green would bring about the most satisfaction, but with Doe, at the age of 22 at a relatively small price i will by no means be complaining. Would certainly welcome anyone who''s watched him play to divulge their thoughts about him.And for what it''s worth, it''s hardly like he''s a 34 year old Cardiff reserve defender is it?

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="canary_girl"]I thought they had just signed new contracts[/quote] So they have. Well, so much for that. :([/quote]

Why?  Doesn''t mean that they can''t or won''t sell if the price is right.

I would be up for a TRIPLE raid on the daggers to be honest. Its pretty clear we need another right back to provide competition with Russell Martin and the Daggers have two decent right backs in Romain Vincelot and Abu Agogo.

What do you think about that?

Would be pleased with this. I rate Green, and think he''d be an excellent addition.

Don''t know as much about Doe, but it seems he can play CB or RB, and came 2nd in the POTY awards last season. Not bad considering it was his first year in the football league, and he''s only 21.

Where it says ''a bid of £250,000 will secure them both'', I''m assuming that means it would be enough for the pair? Go for it I say! Could make us some decent profit in the future.

Are you being serious GJL?

Surely it''s best to bring in players to suit a variety of formations/situations?

Green can play LM, RM or in central midfield (I''m guessing in the Hoolahan type role?) and even up-front if needed. We lack a bit of width/pace, so would be a great signing.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Are you being serious GJL? Surely it''s best to bring in players to suit a variety of formations/situations? Green can play LM, RM or in central midfield (I''m guessing in the Hoolahan type role?) and even up-front if needed. We lack a bit of width/pace, so would be a great signing.[/quote]

Clearly we''re going to play the diamond for the majority of this season. If we did ever go to a 442 ,I''d be highly surprised if it involved two out and out wingers. McNamee is struggling to be involved at the moment but he could easily play on either flank. If he was on the left ,the likes of Smith and Hughes could play right, if McNamee played on the right, Hoolahan,Surman or Lappin could all play on the left.

I really don''t see this a a priority for a player for as I mentioned wouldn''t even fit in to the formation we''re likely to be playing in 90% of our matches this season.

If there is any spare money floating around, a like for like type of striker would be high on my list, even more so in the light of his fitness situation.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]I highly doubt we would get both for £250,000. I reckon it would cost that much just for Green.[/quote]

That was my thinking. Although it''s hard to say at what point Dagenham would need to sell at, I''d suggest £400,000 may be nearer the mark.

I''d still take both for that price anyway!

Fair enough GJL, but what happens if/when Hoolahan or McNamee get injured.

More to the point, what happens when they BOTH get injured at the same time?

We need to cover ourselves in my opinion, and someone like Green would be a relatively inexpensive way of providing back-up/competition for the wide midfield role, and perhaps even put pressure on Hoolahan.

Then hopefully because it was a cheap-ish deal, there''d be something to throw towards a big striker.

i was at the game on thursday and i have to say all the danny green hype is true...easily the best player on the park (until wes came on ;0)) but then, he was marked by the very young and inexperienced remy gordon who looked way out of his depth to me.

mr green looks to have a complete lack of fear mixed with raw desire that''ll bring up to our level....and to answer the q''s above he looks to have the tenacity to be able to track back and has talking ability so could play on the right of the diamond. Is he better than korey though? I wouldnt think so yet...but i''d defo have him over macnamee.

scott doe didnt really stand out for me

Green is a decent prospect but cannot see Lambert adding to the midfield with another prospect.

Barring injuries the midfield is done, get over it!