Sign in to follow this  
Daphne

Vuvuzela ban - the result!

Stewards will now confiscate anything they think might be a vuvuzela....................

See http://www.ncisa.co.uk/articles.htm

I wish they had confiscated their horn. anyone taking a horn to a game is a gayer.

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]Why are there no contact details on the new NCISA website?[/quote]

They will be appearing VERY shortly

Good good.  There''s enough cheering, shouting and singing going on to create an atmosphere without the ''help'' of a tuneless horn blaring.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Don''t worry about it Brendo. They''re only confiscating Vuvuzelas, not penny whistles.........
[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Daphne "]Stewards will now confiscate anything they think might be a vuvuzela....................

See http://www.ncisa.co.uk/articles.htm[/quote]A football fan needs and should in most occasions only bring two things...1) His team colours2) His singing/cheering voiceAll other artificial noise makers can be left at home, they will never generate the same atmosphere as fans singing.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Don''t worry about it Brendo. They''re only confiscating Vuvuzelas, not penny whistles.........[/quote][:D][:$]

[quote user="marchisio"]I wish they had confiscated their horn. anyone taking a horn to a game is a gayer.[/quote]Insightful punditry of the day/week/month?!

Does this mean, please, that the pain in the arse @ Portsmouth will not be allowed to bring that ******* bell in with him?

Or will allowances be made as he is a "character" (supposedly)?

I don''t understand the joy at this pointless ban. Vuvuzuelas have never been a problem at CR, so why suddenly ban them?

CR is not S Af and it didn''t host any World Cup games. Space aliens have not been a problem but they might as well be banned, too.

It''s a pre-emptive strike HC.Loads of grounds have banned them already,as i think they know they will get bombarded with complaints!

I don''t disagree NC, but you would have had a hard time preventing my grandad taking his rattle to games.

Live and let live!

And Houston, I agree with your points - but I think there is another issue here - the power of TV to dictate how we should celebrate goals.

Thanks, Daphne.

Herman, I get it being pre-emptive, but why not just let it happen naturally. It is highly unlikely very many would be brought to begin with, and more likely the small amount would quickly dwindle as novelty wore off and fellow spectators made it clear they were not welcome.

BEsides, I don''t think one here or there is a problem, it''s 10,000 of them that is.

Banning them seems more like a publicity stunt than anything useful.

"Does this mean, please, that the pain in the arse @ Portsmouth will not be allowed to bring that ******* bell in with him?

Or will allowances be made as he is a "character" (supposedly)?"

The very pleasant steward couldn''t give me an answer to this one Old Shuck - the question was put!

The last time Blackpool played at Carrow Road their"drummer" was the subject of several complaints so his drum was confiscated at half time so i suppose if people complain about the Pompey bell the same will happen to him.Interesting times hey Daphne?

Vuvuzuelas have never been a problem at CR, so why suddenly ban them?

err, because they didn''t exist or were unknown before the world cup, hence the ''sudden'' ban - if they have never been a problem then any ban will not be noticedas to the Blackpool drum I was sitting at the back of the South Stand at that game when Doncaster came strolling along from the River End. I did tell him to sit down, in the same manner as the steward had been doing previously (aren''t I the scamp). Anyway I got talking to him and he said that they were going to remove the thing at half time, less hassle, most fans down under the stand etc. I did point out that it might have been a better idea to have stopped it from getting in in the first place. He did agree that it was a fair point. He didn''t seem too keen on me having his seat while he strolled about the ground though.