Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Strike partnership versus Watford?

Firstly, I aplogise if this has been questioned before, but I haven''t seen it directly poised. Yes, people have discussed players quality and fitness. However his thread is solely about who you would start up front against Watford next friday. Soooo excited only 11 days away. [:D] [:D] [:D]Personally, I think it is incredibly difficult who to choose to partner Holt (if he is fit). I am not very good about making threads, so to the point - your front 2...?Holt and Martin at the moment for me. All depending on Grant''s fitness though.Your thoughts please. [:)]

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Martin Holt Jackson[/quote][:D] Bit risky having 3 up top in this league though?

Why do you use so many smileys?Personally I think on form (pre-season admittedly) Martin must start and it''s a battle between Holt & Jackson for the other position, but Jackson needs to earn the right to play. I have my doubts over whether Holt will be fit to start though (Watford).

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="NCFC-47"]Martin Holt Jackson[/quote][:D] Bit risky having 3 up top in this league though? [/quote]could always it for 15 mins though ? [:P] if not push martin on left like he didlast season for a bit

Looks like Martin and Jackson, which I wouldn''t be massively unhappy with based on what I saw at the Newcastle game.

Oli with Ruddy as rush keepermaybe try Tudor Jones up there as he''s a biggish lad and he could easily rough ''em up a bitbut as it''s a TV game I reckon Lambee ought to select the better looking ones - will get us more live gamesif we stick a few oot there who look like Beardsley, eric gates or Chadwick and the telly won''t be back for some whileanyway that''s my opinion, so don''t have a go at me

I would start with Jackson and Holt. If Holt is only 50/50 to make the game then I don''t see why we should play him when we have Jackson who will be sharper and Martin who is on good form.

[quote user="City1st"]Oli with Ruddy as rush keeper

[/quote][:D] He''s like 6"4, he''s a tank!

If Holty doesn''t play this week, and PL said that while Holty was running in training sessions he was still having trouble with his thigh, he may be doubtful for the Watford game.

He will lack match fitness, so I can see our captain having only part games for a week or two. I suspect that Jackson''s pace may mean that he comes on as an impact player in the second half when opponents begin to tire.

I suspect that unless there are injuries or suspensions involving the three strikers they may all play in every match when available.

It gives us flexibility - if the midfield are not providing service, then Holt''s the man and more route one. The same applies if Hooly is neutralised in some way. If we need pace, then clearly Jackson can provide it. If we have to "slug it out" against big defenders, then Holt/Martin is the answer. If we are desperate to score, then why not all three?

To answer the question, if Holt has recovered fully, but is still short of match fitness, I can see Holt and Martin starting but Holt replaced during the game by Jackson

We have little choice Martin and Jacko.................Grant won''t be fit! [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-049.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="City1st"]do I detect a note of smug glee, wiz ?

[/quote]Glee? No way 1st.   

Smug?   Err................................ yes, certainly.

[quote user="morty"]Really don''t get why you seem to delight in misery and gloom lol.
[/quote]I don''t morty, but I do if I''m right, as it only happens about twice a year! [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/chuckle.gif[/img]

[quote user="First Wizard"]We have little choice Martin and Jacko.................Grant won''t be fit! [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-049.gif[/IMG][/quote]You really should have mentioned this already, stop keeping things to yourself... oh.. hang on...