Sign in to follow this  
Lew says we are top of the league

Disgraceful treatment of Holt

Good point Lew, fully agree.  Holt has done little wrong this season and has worked very hard for the team; to cheer when he is subbed is really not fair.  He may not be up to the job in the Prem but its not for lack of trying.  In fact you could apply this to the whole team, can you really criticise them for effort? 

i dont think you two ehard the "holt out" chantsand yes i did join in. and no i am not disgraced with myself at all.

Yes I did hear the Holt out chants, I did not join in.  I preferred to stay to the end and sing "We love you Norwich we do" along with the others supporting the team!

Its not fair to knock the players who give their all. OK they may not be good enough for the Prem but there have been very, very few players who have not worked their socks off for the canary cause this season and Holt is not on that list.

Holt is a work horse and he''s a true hero for the working class in my mind... nothin fancy, no glim an glam, just as you see it, straight down the line. you''re right he doesn''t have the greatest skills, but the skills he has got have him playing in premier league, regardless of what anyone says.phah: do what you like mate, fact is he''s a top flight footballer, and as for you, maybe youre just another wolf in sheeps clothing eh? Show support mate, or sell ya ticket to someone who cares and stop wasting space...Ive an opinion, so do you, i call it even mate!see ya''s in the ring.

no offence but i myself have been digraced by holts performences

Most of our goals this season have come from his error (ala newcastle, liverpool) anyway the list goes on......... For me i''d love to see mulryne on the pitch instead. No intest of getting on top of Holt but i really think he isnt the sort of player we need in the prem, hes more of a champ styled player (get the ball and boot it up field......)

To be fair, Holt has looked off the pace for most of the season, especially away from home, but I don''t think Mulryne and Francis together the answer.  They are both attacking midfield players, and without a solid defensive midfielder we leave the defense too exposed, as the two Charlton breakaway goals proved (Although Ward didn''t help).

Safri, anyone?

[quote]no offence but i myself have been digraced by holts performences Most of our goals this season have come from his error (ala newcastle, liverpool) anyway the list goes on......... For me i''d love t...[/quote]

I think you''ll find that so far this season more of our conceded goals can be attributed directly to Drury rather than to Holt yet he escapes the vitriolic response.

fully agree. I''ll support whoever is on the pitch whether I agree with the selection or not. Getting on the players back, IMO is just about the worst thing we, as fans, can do!

How anyone can boo or slag off our own players  on a matchday is beyond me call yourself fans don''t make me laugh . The same goes to those who booed the team of after the Blackburn game disgraceful they should be ashamed of themselves.

[quote]How anyone can boo or slag off our own players on a matchday is beyond me call yourself fans don''t make me laugh . The same goes to those who booed the team of after the Blackburn game disgraceful t...[/quote]

They are slagged off on norwich forums, so why not actually say what you think TO them?

I booed them offagainst Blackburn because quite frankly, that performance was disgraceful. I pay my money for my seat every year, i think i have a right to voice my opinion, and i don''t see how it makes me any less of a fan.

I think the people getting at gary holt are well out of line.Sure he is not looked as good as he did in div 1 but thats because he is playing against better players. Was holt honestly any worse than anyone else on the pitch for the first hour against charlton?i dont think so!especially at present with confidence so low in the team ruining team morale further is so wrong.

i bet the people booing him voted for him as their player of the season two years ago!

[quote]I agree Barclayend boy, I was absoloutely distraught after the Blackburn & Charlton games but I applauded the players & sung with the real fans because I want the players to feel that we are s...[/quote]

And why are the people who gave a little 3 second boo not real fans?

Because booing has never helped anyone & is counter productive how ever bad we feel.  Most of the people who boo are the same people who sit there all game not making any attempt to sing or get behind the boys.  The one thing you can say about our current players is that they do not intentionally go out to do badly and the last thing they want to hear is booing. Yes you pay your money and you can have your opinion & if this leads to booing so be it but I think its negative & STUPID & I will never boo or leave before the end of any game & thats my opinion SO TOUGH.

Norwich forever

I can almost understand the booing at the end of the Blackburn game, because I think it was a simple reaction to the shock.

But the booing of Holt (or any other player) is unacceptable.

He is no worse than anyone else out there (including Francis for at least 60% of every game) and victimising him does no good for anyone.

The people that I sit near just seem to watch the players they don''t like - Svensson, Holt, Helveg and Jonson - and ignore the fact that Eddy, Leon, Fleming, Francis and YES even Green and Hucks are all playing like lemons.