Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Lambert: One more?

When talking about the Holt situation in todays EDP, he said he''d think it over and if he thought it nessasary he''d talk to the owners about getting someone in.

A big target man please Paul.

Here''s Lamberts direct quote:

“I will weigh it up and if I think that we need something then I will discuss it with the powers that be.”

[quote user="First Wizard"]

When talking about the Holt situation in todays EDP, he said he''d think it over and if he thought it nessasary he''d talk to the owners about getting someone in.

[/quote]

Should have gone to SpecSavers.

Here is the full quote, where it is about the whole injury situation not just Holt;

Lambert played six of his seven summer signings, with Steve Smith absent because of an ankle ligament injury, and while he has until August 31 to add to his numbers, it appears unlikely.

“There are a few lads - the two Smiths (Korey and Steve) are out, (Stephen) Hughes has been out, (Zak) Whitbread is out, Jens'' (Berthel Askou) baby has just been born, Grant''s out, so we have a few still to come back, so it''s not too bad,” he said.

“I will weigh it up and if I think that we need something then I will discuss it with the powers that be.”

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Should have gone to SpecSavers.

Here is the full quote, where it is about the whole injury situation not just Holt;

Lambert played six of his seven summer signings, with Steve Smith absent because of an ankle ligament injury, and while he has until August 31 to add to his numbers, it appears unlikely.

“There are a few lads - the two Smiths (Korey and Steve) are out, (Stephen) Hughes has been out, (Zak) Whitbread is out, Jens'' (Berthel Askou) baby has just been born, Grant''s out, so we have a few still to come back, so it''s not too bad,” he said.

[/quote]And you should learn to read between the lines, with Holt out, our striker options are slim, add Martin out as well............

Why is Martin out?

With Whitbread/Askou yet to play regularly during pre-season, CB is just as ''slim'' options wise as our attack!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Why is Martin out? With Whitbread/Askou yet to play regularly during pre-season, CB is just as ''slim'' options wise as our attack![/quote]James, James, James, I assumed you''d understand that me saying add Martin actually means ''if''...........hang on, don''''t bother, I have a headache now! [:D]

Don''t do that! Thought I''d missed the news about a season-ending injury or something!

I agree though, we need something extra up-front.

Although I''d like a wide-player and an extra defender too.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Don''t do that! Thought I''d missed the news about a season-ending injury or something! I agree though, we need something extra up-front. Although I''d like a wide-player and an extra defender too.[/quote] Sorry James. [:$]

I think it is only sensible to plan for the possibility that Holt might not make the start of the season.

IMO Lambert does not want to bring anyone else in though so think it will only happen if Holt is ruled out for longer or there is a new injury.

Forget about Danny Green, midfield is complete (again barring injuries)

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CanaryJames"]Why is Martin out? With Whitbread/Askou yet to play regularly during pre-season, CB is just as ''slim'' options wise as our attack![/quote]James, James, James, I assumed you''d understand that me saying add Martin actually means ''if''...........hang on, don''''t bother, I have a headache now! [:D][/quote]

So basically you are spouting attention-seeking, sensationalist bullshit again?

[quote user="rjwc22"]I think it is only sensible to plan for the possibility that Holt might not make the start of the season. IMO Lambert does not want to bring anyone else in though so think it will only happen if Holt is ruled out for longer or there is a new injury. Forget about Danny Green, midfield is complete (again barring injuries)[/quote]Maybe a 3 month loan.

My fear is that wiz might be out at some point.

He could suffer a bout of sanity at some stage and be away from this board, with a serious grasp of reality, for months.

Do we have cover I hear some of you say ? Probably not, is the answer.

Maybe sportsdesk Pete could look to bringing in a loanee (he''d obviously

have to have a word with the powers to be at Archant Towers first).

A big post count man please, Pete

[quote user="Mushroom"]Got to be Danny Green for me.[/quote]Imo no more low level talent, we have enough of that already and I doubt they''ll all flourish we need some Champ experienced players (who were good when In the champ too).

[quote user="City1st"]My fear is that wiz might be out at some point.

He could suffer a bout of sanity at some stage and be away from this board, with a serious grasp of reality, for months.

Maybe sportsdesk Pete could look to bringing in a loanee (he''d obviously have to have a word with the powers to be at Archant Towers first).

Love it!

[/quote]

[quote user="Jason Shackell''s limp Tackle"][quote user="City1st"]My fear is that wiz might be out at some point.

Maybe sportsdesk Pete could look to bringing in a loanee (he''d obviously have to have a word with the powers to be at Archant Towers first).

I Love Wiz!

[/quote]

So do I![;)]

[/quote]Hmm? Quite funny 1st............but you just know I''m going to be proved right again. Holt, I believe, won''t be back until early October as his injury is worse than is being mentioned (Bookmark that!) so expect a stand in soon.

[/quote]Hmm? Quite funny 1st............but you just know I''m going to be proved right again. Holt, I believe, won''t be back until early October as his injury is worse than is being mentioned (Bookmark that!) so expect a stand in soon.

Hmm? Quite funny 1st............but you just know I''m going to be proved right again. Holt, I believe, won''t be back until early October as his injury is worse than is being mentioned (Bookmark that!) so expect a stand in soon.

" Holt ........... as his injury is worse than is being mentioned "perhaps he has gone into administration, wiz ?

[quote user="City1st"]" Holt ........... as his injury is worse than is being mentioned "

perhaps he has gone into administration, wiz ?

[/quote]  [Y]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Surely we need a RB more than we need a back up target man?[/quote]I would like both, though would choose big lad up top over decent reliable right back. We have cover which isn''t ideal for Martin (R), who himself I don''t believe is a fantastic player, but for Holt there is nothing. No back up. Noone who has any transferrable skills.*

*you can infer from this that I do not accept Michael Nelson has any transferrable skills to play CF

[quote user="City1st"]" Holt ........... as his injury is worse than is being mentioned "

perhaps he has gone into administration, wiz ?

[/quote]

....or benefitting from massive investment Hmm [^o)] .

If a new striker does come in, it''s more likely to be someone like Nile Ranger from Newcastle on loan, IMO. Not having seen the match, what did those who did think of him?