Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Friendly spoilt by being unfriendly

After a fantastic game and afternoon I was walking back to riverside and there was a fight by the frienship bridge.... A dozen toon fans were basically looking for trouble and a couple of city fans were picked on and a fight broke out. IMO it is disgusting as I there were lots of children and even pregnant women about and the game was a FRIENDLY.

[quote user="the unit"]After a fantastic game and afternoon I was walking back to riverside and there was a fight by the frienship bridge.... A dozen toon fans were basically looking for trouble and a couple of city fans were picked on and a fight broke out. IMO it is disgusting as I there were lots of children and even pregnant women about and the game was a FRIENDLY.[/quote]Ah no, I hope the pregnant women weren''t offended.

[quote user="the unit"]After a fantastic game and afternoon I was walking back to riverside and there was a fight by the frienship bridge.... A dozen toon fans were basically looking for trouble and a couple of city fans were picked on and a fight broke out. IMO it is disgusting as I there were lots of children and even pregnant women about and the game was a FRIENDLY.[/quote]How many of the fat ugly striped barstewards were there today?

Lets hope any enthusiasm they may have had going into a premisership season has been dampened by that today. Unless they are about to sign 7/8 new players in the next fortnight, I''d be highly concerned if I were them!

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]not much of a fight if city fans involved[/quote]Your calling Norwich fans pu$$sys then? Yet you claim to be a Norwich fan, so your admitting to being a pu$$y then? Who''s a clever clogs then?

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="wrathsajoke"]not much of a fight if city fans involved[/quote]Your calling Norwich fans pu$$sys then? Yet you claim to be a Norwich fan, so your admitting to being a pu$$y then? Who''s a clever clogs then? [/quote]Best.Post.Ever. Hilarious.

Friendly, league or cup match, there''s always a few old skool idiots looking for a rumble.  Let''s hope they were mopped up by the police and locked up for the night.

Your calling Norwich fans pu$$sys then? Yet you claim to be a Norwich fan, so your admitting to being a pu$$y then? Who''s a clever clogs then?

Well lets face it.. Norwich fans arent exactly ''fighters'' are we?

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]Your calling Norwich fans pu$$sys then? Yet you claim to be a Norwich fan, so your admitting to being a pu$$y then? Who''s a clever clogs then?

Well lets face it.. Norwich fans arent exactly ''fighters'' are we?[/quote]

Nope, we''re football supporters.

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]Your calling Norwich fans pu$$sys then? Yet you claim to be a Norwich fan, so your admitting to being a pu$$y then? Who''s a clever clogs then?

Well lets face it.. Norwich fans arent exactly ''fighters'' are we?[/quote]Some of us can handle ourselves thanks

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]im not agreeing with him by the way! im just stating that we arent a club that goes around looking for trouble.. sensible fans..[/quote]Hear hear.

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]im not agreeing with him by the way! im just stating that we arent a club that goes around looking for trouble.. sensible fans..[/quote]

Well, there''s always the odd few, but I''d say by in large our fans are more sensible than most.

[quote user="Dogger "][quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]Your calling Norwich fans pu$$sys then? Yet you claim to be a Norwich fan, so your admitting to being a pu$$y then? Who''s a clever clogs then? Well lets face it.. Norwich fans arent exactly ''fighters'' are we?[/quote]

Some of us can handle ourselves thanks
[/quote]

Most the geordies,who stayed for night life,were okey,though there were a few stupid scuffles at 1.30 am,down P.w.road,but between locals who are too thick to realise that the one place were you will be stopped or nicked is that raod with at least a 100, cops down there last night!

Though footy fighting at norwich belongs in the 70`s/80`s,i would make an exception with ipsh##skm..Though that wont ever happen as they make pussies look hard!..Once,on the way back from a friday all nighter just outside london in the 90`s,we stopped in ipsh## and walked with 3 mates through their town centre on a sat afternoon,wearing a NCFC cap,,and stopped in a pub for a drink...No one fronted us,except a bloke who was about 70 who shouted "F...off"

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]Your calling Norwich fans pu$$sys then? Yet you claim to be a Norwich fan, so your admitting to being a pu$$y then? Who''s a clever clogs then? Well lets face it.. Norwich fans arent exactly ''fighters'' are we?[/quote]

You speak for yourself lol

Newcastle fans are arrogant and think they are the biggest club going and superior to all others - to see real arrogance and stupid fans , then the blue scousers are here Saturday , watch your wallets and tickets , they are not quite as bad as the red side , but they are pretty bad

Expect trouble from them

[quote user="gary "]Newcastle fans are arrogant and think they are the biggest club going and superior to all others - to see real arrogance and stupid fans , then the blue scousers are here Saturday , watch your wallets and tickets , they are not quite as bad as the red side , but they are pretty bad Expect trouble from them[/quote]

And based on your statement all Norwich fans are ignorant.

so where exactly do I say that - spoke about Geordies and blue scousers , we weren'';t mentioned

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]Your calling Norwich fans pu$$sys then? Yet you claim to be a Norwich fan, so your admitting to being a pu$$y then? Who''s a clever clogs then? Well lets face it.. Norwich fans arent exactly ''fighters'' are we?[/quote]

Nope, we''re football supporters.
[/quote]

Precisely. Only knuckle-dragging Neanderthals see a football match as an excuse to attack people for no good reason.

I would turn into a neanderthal,when it comes to ipsh##..Never gonna happen,as there`s more chance of finding a virgin than a skm### that would stand.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]I would turn into a neanderthal,when it comes to ipsh##..Never gonna happen,as there`s more chance of finding a virgin than a skm### that would stand.[/quote]I don''t understand these words :)

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Barclaybred"]I would turn into a neanderthal,when it comes to ipsh##..Never gonna happen,as there`s more chance of finding a virgin than a skm### that would stand.[/quote]

I don''t understand these words :)
[/quote] Lol,i meant to put "a virgin in ipsh###" Norwich is full of decent women who are still intact :)

[quote user="gary "]so where exactly do I say that - spoke about Geordies and blue scousers , we weren'';t mentioned[/quote]

No, we weren''t mentioned but I thought I would use your generalisation as a view in the same way that you did. Apologies that it went over your head.

"Once,on the way back from a friday all nighter just outside london in

the 90`s,we stopped in ipsh## and walked with 3 mates through their town

centre on a sat afternoon,wearing a NCFC cap,,and stopped in a pub for a

drink...
"

you couldn''t make it up

I''m a bit surprised at violence occurring - at a friendly it''s particularly sad.

I''m even more disappointed it''s Newcastle again; when I was 16, I was sitting on my brand new moped on Riverside Road side by side with my mate on his equally new wheels. We had football kit in rucksacks on our backs as we were travelling to play in a match. Norwich were at home to Newcastle that day and a group of opposition fans decided to attack us whilst we were in the traffic. We had no yellow & green on us - we were just two lads going to play the game we love.

Despite punches and kicking, we managed to limit the damage to ourselves - then these ''fans'' discovered a crate of glass milk bottles on a Guest House doorstep and used them as missiles towards us. Glass was everywhere - not ideal in a line of traffic on a Saturday afternoon. We continued our journey, played the game (I remember scoring a hat-trick) and returned home.

My mother said ''don''t go into the kitchen - a policeman is in there interviewing your brother''. It turns out my 13 year old brother had gone to the game and was walking home alone along Yarmouth Road when 3 Newcastle fans had jumped on him from behind taking his scarf. My brother was not going to accept that - ran and caught the lad who took it and gave him a right battering for his trouble. The policeman had seen it all and apparently didn''t believe my brother was only 13, so he came to our house to check. We were a nice family from Thorpe St Andrews, well brought up with decent values - there was no provocation whatsoever, yet both of us lads had been attacked in completely different places by the same away supporters from Newcastle on the same day.

I for one despise those dark days of football violence - and will do an awful lot to ensure it doesn''t return. Perhaps that''s why I am still coaching on saturday mornings and happy to be the Child Welfare Officer for our local club too.

It''s a shame, but I''d be keen to stress that not all Geordie football supporters are evil. On a holiday campsite I go to, a group of them come down for two weeks every August and they are absolutely top people. They drink bucketloads, but never cause any trouble even after a skinful, and have always been highly thought of by other campers. So not all of them are fat, dirty, roughnecks. Even so, this sort of behaviour at a friendly is stupid.