Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Who thinks Portsmouth might be the team to beat this year?

Doesn''t it make you sick? That they''ve got away almost scot free with nearly going bankrupt.

They were always going to get relegated last season before administration, so the points deduction was pretty much meaningless. And they''ve got to keep their squad with their big names... Stinks.

Lose Boateng, Mokoena, Utaka, Wilson & a couple of others (very likely) and they won''t even be able to field an XI.

Shame we''re not playing them first really! I''d back us to bag a few against a team with no goalkeepers...

Ben Haim has already left too hasn''t he?

If they come out of adminstration and keep their big names as well as adding a couple they could well be a big threat. There are some quality championship and proven Premier League players there. But if they are allowed to do this it will make me feel sick. Considering that we have wrestled with our debts for years rather than going into adminstration.

I think it was Barry Hearn who suggested that clubs who go into adminstration should be relegated 2 or 3 divisions. I agree with him because clubs like Leeds, Palace, Portsmouth and the Binners should not be allowed to rip off their local communities like this. I think the Binners left St Johns Ambulance out of pocket and Portsmouth have managed to leave a local school out of pocket as well as the Cubs (how the hell did they manage that!?). Furthermore they have also effectively ripped us the taxpayer off as well.

In short Portsmouth could well be a threat as Cotterill is a shrewd manager who if he still has enough time before the end of the window could bring in some good players. But they shouldnt be allowed to.

Are they allowed to sign players? if not they are stuffed.........Utaka and Boateng will definatly leave, Mokoena and Ben Haim probably as well......How will they survive?

absolutely, with f''ar call'' in the way of income coming through the gates and exceedingly high wage bill they will be about as much threat as the paupers down the road'' what you sow so shall you reap ''err, halleluja

They''re allowed to sign players until their squad size reaches 20, regardless of the embargo. If they bring in a couple of decent signings and then get the embargo lifted, they could be a good outside bet. I saw them as long as 28/1 for the title, could be a decent each-way shout.

I realise that some of those players will move on and they don''t have a keeper right now, but that is a top first 11 for the Championship. Last time Nugent was in this league he was a cut above, and along with Tommy Smith and Danny Webber, they have a potent looking attack.