Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Rudd's Sun rating

I''ve just been reading the report of the England u19''s game, and at the end of the article they gave Rudd a rating of 8 (better than everyone elses ratings, other than bostock who also got 8) despite conceding 3 goals. I didn''t watch it as my laptop is too slow to watch those games they show on the net, but for anyone who did watch it, was he good, and does he seemed to have improved? I think he is a very able keeper, but sitting on the bench won''t help his career, if we had another GK, with more experience, we could have loaned Rudd out, but I suppose he will eventually get some game time! Well done Declan!!

He had no chance with any of the goals, and had a very suspect defence in front of him. He certainly deserved a high rating.

I was very impressed with his distribution of what I saw. But the guys above are spot on, not a chance really. I really think he is a quality keeper, and if need be, I''d be more than happy to start him this season, even if he is only 19.

Agreed on his distribution and kicking which are excellent. Obviously shot stopping and command of your area are important but 90% of the time keepers have the ball at their feet. This was the one significant flaw I think Forster had in his game which might prevent him from gaining higher honours. I am not saying Rudd is a better keeper than Forster at the moment but he does have the potential to be a better all round player.

The defence in front of him often simply disappeared or parted allowing them through. At one point our full back turned to show their winger outside and he simply turned inside, at first I thought someone was overlapping but there was no-one. Some very strange defending at times.

Good saves, loud, commanding and organising. Impressed. Ruddy could well be No.2 to Rudd by next season, if not the end of this.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Lambert has said that he will send Rudd and Steer out on loan in rotation for more experience while still retaining cover for Ruddy, which seems a good plan.[/quote]Everyone seems to be saying that, but i could swear when reading the articles about it there was no direct quote from Lambert implying he had planned it out like this.Could someone link Lamberts quote concerning this "loan rotation"? I''m not convinced it''s anymore than press speculation.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Lambert has said that he will send Rudd and Steer out on loan in rotation for more experience while still retaining cover for Ruddy, which seems a good plan.[/quote]

As my only source at the club comes at youth and lower level,i get to hear or see a few games...I thought Rudd would become the best goalkeeper we have produced,and one of the best in England when i first starting watching him...Though i havent seen Steer as much,i now think Steer will be as good! ...If we had to sell one,i would now at a pinch,choose Rudd,on the basis Steer seems to have devoloped faster,and is almost at the same stage,albeit younger..