Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The dulcet tones of players past

Most people will have heard Efan Ekoku commenting during televised matches in recent years. I think that he''s fairly good most of the time. Nice voice too.

I quite like Neil Adams on BBC Radio Norfolk too.

As for Andy Townsend on TV, let''s leave that one alone.

But I haven''t seen anybody highlight the commenting role of ''our'' Danny Mills on BBC Radio 5 during the recent World Cup in South Africa.

Contrary to his reputation on this forum and elsewhere, I was quite impressed with his inputs and level of strategic and tactical football knowledge in the several matches he covered. Did anybody else hear him? His voice and delivery were also quite pleasant to the listening ear.

OTBC

Not a former Canary but I preferred Robbie Savage to Mills. He was hilarious when digging himself into a hole, especially when he said how his wife was always round a former team-mates house [;)]

Adams is fairly good, not too sure about Eadie mind.  Then again perhaps it''s because he''s on that God awful station Talk Sport and therefore my impartiality goes out the window.

[quote user="yellow blood"]Not a former Canary but I preferred Robbie Savage to Mills. He was hilarious when digging himself into a hole, especially when he said how his wife was always round a former team-mates house [;)][/quote]

Yes, Robbie was good entertainment value the couple of times I heard him.

Of course I may have heard them rather more if we hadn''t had to run from the inexecrable Alan Green so often back to the rather dull but efficient FIFA standard issue TV commentary!

He may have a new career there ''our'' Danny.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]He may have a new career there ''our'' Danny.[/quote]That sentence proves just how out of touch with reality you are Bly, or is it another attempt to wind City fans up?

After several digs at NCFC over the years and wanting Leeds to beat us last season, ''our'' Danny is the last thing he''s called around these parts.

But, you knew that, didn''t you?

Matt Jackson''s done a fair amount of punditry on Five Live, I think... he''s not bad.Danny Mills is quite eloquent and insightful as a pundit... quite an achievement considering what a prize tosser of a human being he is.

Efan Ekoku did drop a clanger during the world cup; he claimed that the fact that none of Spain''s players were singinging their anthem indicated problems.

Slight problem - there are no words to Spain''s anthem.