Sign in to follow this  
ca

What would you change about the matchday experience?

I would do away with the lads on the pitch before kick-off singing ''''on the ball city'''' its embarrassing

Would also have some popular music blaring our from about 2.45pm that we can sing to and get the place rocking, old classics like Daydream Believer, Hi Ho Silver Lining,We will rock you etc etc.

We also need some good half entertainment, dancing girls or kids showing off their footy skills, or  a lively band or something.

What would you like to see before the game and at half time to keep us entertained?

CA

[quote user="cityangel"]

I would do away with the lads on the pitch before kick-off singing ''''on the ball city'''' its embarrassing

Would also have some popular music blaring our from about 2.45pm that we can sing to and get the place rocking, old classics like Daydream Believer, Hi Ho Silver Lining,We will rock you etc etc.

We also need some good half entertainment, dancing girls or kids showing off their footy skills, or  a lively band or something.

What would you like to see before the game and at half time to keep us entertained?

CA

[/quote]

maybe the mascotts could go on the pitch and have a kick about?

Yeah, dancing girls is a good idea.I''m kinda divided on the "on the ball city" thing to be honest.

I''d do away with the orchestrated otbc before the game and the goal celebration music.

I don''t think on the ball city should be introduced either. It''s one of the oldest traditional football songs still going today, surely the club would realise it doesn''t need introducing by now.... I''m sure the place would sound a lot more intimidating if the fans started it themselves.

Other than that, something better than the silly cross bar challenge would be nice. Maybe get some local bands to perform, local dance groups or something.

On the ball city has to stay. Anfield belts out ''you''ll never walk alone'' so why should we change?

The only matchday experience to change is to stop the 5000 ''fans'' who either take 10 minutes to get to their seat after kickoff, or disappear 5 minutes before half time then take 10 minutes to get back! Some people must miss quarter of the game by p*ssing about and getting in the way of people who actually watch the football.

Rant over.

By having the OTBC lead out thing it produces money for the club. I think its £50 to go out and sing.

But...it would be better without it.

Also, i think we need to play the "canaries" song which sounds like it was made in the 50s etc, most clubs have old songs that get played before KO and we used to do it a few seasons ago and stopped for some reason.

[="Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[="I am a Banana"]maybe the club could place a mic in both the dressing rooms so we can hear the managers [y]

Lambo would defo be up for that [:|]

not sure he would care, we wouldn''t understand him!

Yeah but what you''re forgetting Here''syourfathersgun is that at Anfield they don''t have someone come out on the pitch and shout "Ok you lot, you know what to do" like they''re five year olds at a Birthday party.

Perhaps if they played the recording of OTBC the crowd might actually sing it right as well. It would be one of the most amazing songs in football if the whole crowd actually sang the whole song!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Female mud wrestlers.

[img]http://teakdoor.com/Gallery/albums/userpics/10004/mma_pound_for_pound.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Was this photo taken on the pitch at Colchester?

I would change the atmosphere coming from from the South and River End. Well when I say change I actually mean add some. :)

I''m not a fan of the "prompted" OTBC but if it brings in a little cash then I''ll tolerate it.

I really do like the idea of local bands at half time, not sure about the logistics of it though, you only have 15 mins to set up play a couple of songs and then clean up in time for the players to come back out.

Davo

" if the whole crowd actually sang the whole song!"Yes, get rid of the awful bloody cuckoo clock version - it''s an aboslute embarrssment. Up there with Rolf singing ''stairway to heaven''.Nothing on the pitch. It''s a football match not an experience.Music, yep. Marvellous memories of walking up the steps into a half empty Barclay to this -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_7Kx2FlFQY strutting away in me doc martins Play Down Town by Peculiar Clark when the binners turn upIntroduce a range of music for every action, different songs for throw in''s, free kicks and corners - will help the happy clappers to know what''s going onthis one for goal kicks (starts at 50 secs) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f91MUdIfpQBring back white shiny paper toilet rolls so they can be thrown onto the pitchPut communal buckets at the back of the aisles, save clambering all the way down to the loos. Could free up a few bogs for the ''laydees'' Get usherette types to stand at the bottom of the aisles selling ''sweee-eeets'' at half time and before the gameAs well as a family enclosure have a foul mouth enclosure where those who want to shout and swear can sit without be tut tutted at.Limit the number of women at a game, like the club does with away fans. Maybe they could have a seperate enclosure.Get the blokes who prod the pitch with forks at halftime to walk around the River End giving a few of the old moaners the odd jab or two.

errr, that''s it

When you go to other grounds and hear the lead up to the players coming out doesn''t it make ours look a little pathetic?

Cant remember where it was but they had hi ho silver lining followed by daydream believer and everyone joined in the chorus''s and it sounded really good.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I''d do away with the orchestrated otbc before the game and the goal celebration music.[/quote]This.Though if I were pushed to only choose one, for some unknown reason, I''d get shot of the latter.

Remove all the moaners, absolute retards and people who are just generally annoying. [Y]

Football freestylers at half time would be good but crossbar challenge isnt to bad.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

On the ball city has to stay. Anfield belts out ''you''ll never walk alone'' so why should we change?

The only matchday experience to change is to stop the 5000 ''fans'' who either take 10 minutes to get to their seat after kickoff, or disappear 5 minutes before half time then take 10 minutes to get back! Some people must miss quarter of the game by p*ssing about and getting in the way of people who actually watch the football.

Rant over.

[/quote]

Don''t forget about leaving five minutes before the end of the game to "miss the traffic".

Stop doing deals with awful breweries so we can have a decent selection of beer.Also,keep the bar open for about an hour after the game,so there isn''t such a manic rush to get out.

Oh,and the goal music.We don''t need prompting if we score!

I agree the stage-managed "on the ball City" is embarrassing and should be replaced with something else.Oddly enough, the half-time things I''ve found most enjoyable are the "laps of honour" for want of a better word, e.g the Norfolk soldiers back from Afghanistan, the worldwide Canary fans, that kind of thing.  And I don''t mind the crossbar challenge though it''s a bit like "Let''s laugh at the chavs".From a business point of view it''s in the club''s best interests to not

entertain people at half-time because they want revenue from drinks and

food.  I think this is why clubs in general, not just NCFC, don''t try

very hard at half-time.

And I think your suggestion of "rocking songs" betrays your age a bit, CA!