Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Matchday coverage - Preston North End v Norwich City

www.pinkun.com/liveBasically the familiar CoverItLive window on the left will update every ten minutes as per the DataCo agreement with a report from our journalist at the game along with answers to any questions you may want to ask.The window on the right will be from those tweeting at the game with a #ncfc hashtag.Not ideal but it''s the best you''ll get.So, please, join us....

PS - You can ask our man at the game questions before and after the game and he can reply to them as long as it''s outside the time of the match.

So... The goal updates and other major things will be displayed on the right with twitter? And every ten min, there will be some sort of report?

Better than nowt but my dislike of DataCo will not cease and I won''t stop emailing them until they have the balls to answer me.

Fantastic News Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]Please say its Paddy in the chair tonight, he''s amazing with his quick fingers [;)]Is this a permanent thing, or just for tonight?It was amazing last year Pete, I go to home games, but for all the away games the use of the live service was great.See you tonight [:)]

[quote user="Calle"]So... The goal updates and other major things will be displayed on the right with twitter? And every ten min, there will be some sort of report?[/quote]Essentially yes, unless we happen to get lucky and a goal goes in during one of our allowed time slots. Not forgetting the Q&A with our man at the ground both before and after the game....

[quote user="Daz"]Fantastic News Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]Please say its Paddy in the chair tonight, he''s amazing with his quick fingers [;)]Is this a permanent thing, or just for tonight?It was amazing last year Pete, I go to home games, but for all the away games the use of the live service was great.See you tonight [:)][/quote]It''s Michael Bailey tonight but no doubt Paddy and maybe even myself will put in a shift at some point during the season. Quick fingers not so essential now it''s updated at ten minute intervals.Permanenet if DataCo allow us and I don''t see why they wouldn''t given we''re updating according to the terms of their license agreement - we shall see....Agreed, it was amazing, and award-winning so hoping we can provide a similar service to last season.

Good stuff Pete! Brilliant! well done to everyone on the ground floor for getting us off and running again!

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Booo! A backward step and a kick in the teeth to REAL fans who actually bother to turn up to games. A victory for the morbidly obese fairweather bigrade. A sad day![/quote]So people without the requisite money/ability to get time off work/house bound medical conditions for home games aren''t REAL fans then? Ok. Thanks for pointing that out.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Booo! A backward step and a kick in the teeth to REAL fans who actually bother to turn up to games. A victory for the morbidly obese fairweather bigrade. A sad day![/quote]So people without the requisite money/ability to get time off work/house bound medical conditions for home games aren''t REAL fans then? Ok. Thanks for pointing that out.[/quote]* away games. Dammnit.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]All will be revealed here tonight for the Lincoln game...

www.pinkun.com/live

Basically the familiar CoverItLive window on the left will update every ten minutes as per the DataCo agreement with a report from our journalist at the game along with answers to any questions you may want to ask.

The window on the right will be from those tweeting at the game with either a #pinkun or #ncfc hashtag.

Not ideal but it''s the best you''ll get.

So, please, join us....[/quote]Great work[Y]  

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Just awaiting confirmation from DataCo that it''s all ok then we''ll be ready for the Watford game.
[/quote]

Pete, was the coverage on the Official site during the Everton game anything to do with Archant?

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Just awaiting confirmation from DataCo that it''s all ok then we''ll be ready for the Watford game.[/quote]

Pete, was the coverage on the Official site during the Everton game anything to do with Archant?

[/quote]No, our coverage is completely independent.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Just awaiting confirmation from DataCo that it''s all ok then we''ll be ready for the Watford game.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, our coverage is completely independent.
[/quote]

Would the club have to abide by the same set of Data Co rules as archant do?

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Just awaiting confirmation from DataCo that it''s all ok then we''ll be ready for the Watford game.[/quote]

[/quote]No, our coverage is completely independent.[/quote]

[/quote]I guess we''ll find out on Friday night but, as they''re the football club, I imagine they''re exempt.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, our coverage is completely independent.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess we''ll find out on Friday night but, as they''re the football club, I imagine they''re exempt.
[/quote]

Taking into account the close ties Archant and NCFC now have, if they were exempt could an arrangement for provision of the service be reached? I ask as the club ran a live commentary against Everton.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]No, our coverage is completely independent.[/quote]

[/quote]I guess we''ll find out on Friday night but, as they''re the football club, I imagine they''re exempt.[/quote]

Taking into account the close ties Archant and NCFC now have, if they were exempt could an arrangement for provision of the service be reached? I ask as the club ran a live commentary against Everton.

[/quote]No chance, sadly.

Hi Pete,I''ve been reading a few Norwich fans websites just now, and have found this ariticle on Vital Norwich,http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=207187Its worth a read, it appears to me, that tere is going to be a live text service, similar to the one run by you last season.I didn''t think this was allowed, I''m really confused now.Just thought I should point you in the direction of it.CheersDaz

[quote user="Daz"]Hi Pete,I''ve been reading a few Norwich fans websites just now, and have found this ariticle on Vital Norwich,http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=207187Its worth a read, it appears to me, that tere is going to be a live text service, similar to the one run by you last season.I didn''t think this was allowed, I''m really confused now.Just thought I should point you in the direction of it.CheersDaz[/quote]It''s not allowed in the ground so one presumes they''ll be relaying the info secondhand from Radio Norfolk - we tried that a couple of seasons ago, it didn''t work - nothing beats a report from someone actually there, but best of luck to them.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Booo! A backward step and a kick in the teeth to REAL fans who actually bother to turn up to games. A victory for the morbidly obese fairweather bigrade. A sad day![/quote]

Well done, you have a 9-5 job selling tea cosies in Jarrolds and can make every game.

Some people through no fault of thier own cannot make it to Carrow Road every other Saturday as much as they would like to. I would love to be at Carrow Road tonight and not stuck in the middle of the North Sea without TV or Radio coverage so no matter how bad the text coverage is i am truely gratefully for it.

Pete, has there been any devleopments with regards to the live coverage info since the season began?Any hope of returning the coverage to its former glory at any point this season?Everybody would love it to come back.I love your podcasts by the way, they make for great listening and Info.