Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Canary Preview.

Noticed that it was for sale today, but didnt flick through it. Is it worth reading or it is its usually 85% ads and 15% club information to read etc?!

p.s. £4 seems a little steep!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lots more content over ads and is cheaper than a couple of pints. Great value for money...
[/quote]

I  might think about it then, as the last one i had was all ads and haven''t had one since!

I shall be buying mine on Friday which I shall enjoy reading over a few pints at lunchtime, perhaps even two and a half pints as it''s a Friday (I can do that within an hour).  Praise the Lord for payday, been a long month.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lots more content over ads and is cheaper than a couple of pints. Great value for money...[/quote]SDP, is there a way of ordering this over the internet, for those who have exiled themselves from Norfolk? There is no obvious sign of how to do that on the edp24 site, but I seem to remember that was how I got last year''s exciting offering.

Really good read - huge improvement on other years.

One niggle though - bought mine as a package with the matchday programme for the Newcastle friendly for a fiver. As I''m going to the Everton game I''m hoping the programme/teamsheet will be available separately - however good the Preview is, I don''t want to have to pay for another just to get a teamsheet!

It''s very good. I got mine with that leaflet disguised as a programme on Saturday, and while I wasn''t expecting to pay a fiver for it, it was worth it. There are a few double pages of adverts but plenty of good written content besides.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Is it worth reading........[/quote]Pity you don''t consider that when you''re posting! [:S]

Best one yet! ....my old fav one had fleming with someother player in black n whte on the front(the photo not the other player wearing black n white! :)

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lots more content over ads and is cheaper than a couple of pints. Great value for money...[/quote]SDP, is there a way of ordering this over the internet, for those who have exiled themselves from Norfolk? There is no obvious sign of how to do that on the edp24 site, but I seem to remember that was how I got last year''s exciting offering.[/quote]Hi PC,Those exiled will be able to order a copy online - it''s just taking subscriptions a while to update it from last year''s it seems. Will chase them up tomorrow and let you know.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lots more content over ads and is cheaper than a couple of pints. Great value for money...[/quote]SDP, is there a way of ordering this over the internet, for those who have exiled themselves from Norfolk? There is no obvious sign of how to do that on the edp24 site, but I seem to remember that was how I got last year''s exciting offering.[/quote]Hi PC,Those exiled will be able to order a copy online - it''s just taking subscriptions a while to update it from last year''s it seems. Will chase them up tomorrow and let you know.[/quote]Thanks very much, Pete. But no rush - I have only just read last year''s![:$]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lots more content over ads and is cheaper than a couple of pints. Great value for money...
[/quote]

SDP, is there a way of ordering this over the internet, for those who have exiled themselves from Norfolk? There is no obvious sign of how to do that on the edp24 site, but I seem to remember that was how I got last year''s exciting offering.

[/quote]

Hi PC,

Those exiled will be able to order a copy online - it''s just taking subscriptions a while to update it from last year''s it seems. Will chase them up tomorrow and let you know.
[/quote]

Thanks very much, Pete. But no rush - I have only just read last year''s![:$]

[/quote]no rush [;)]

Canary Preview is great, Love it, got every one since 01/02 season. I thought it was great what Archant and the Club did, doing the Preview Mag and the programme together on Saturday.Top read

[quote user="Barbie"]Pete

Any chance one can fall onto my desk upstairs? [:)][/quote]Any chance the new CMS can work for a change?

On this occasion £4 isn''t bad considering the s*** that masquerades as magazines in the newsagent for over a fiver.I had to pay £7 for a copy of ''Big n'' Bouncy''[;)]

[quote user="steakbearnaise"]£8.27 for online order to me here in Belgium...

Somebody tell me what the contents are and what I actually get for my money?[/quote]

not £8.27 worth.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Barbie"]Pete

Any chance one can fall onto my desk upstairs? [:)][/quote]Any chance the new CMS can work for a change?[/quote]Loads behind me now working on improvements. But CMS and work in the same sentence?Also, nothing to do with me thankfully.....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lots more content over ads and is cheaper than a couple of pints. Great value for money...[/quote]It isn''t chaper than a couple of pints inside CR.

Don''t believe Sports Desk Pete''s Archant lacky subjective view - it''s full of ads and articles about players who will be long gone by the end of August. Somethings never change. Save your money and buy a nice enamel badge.