Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

You can now smoke in Leeds ground...

Apparently in desinated areas.

Filthy habit which I assume City will still ban, sorry Jonesy![img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/pimp.gif[/img]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]bet the fans are also allowed to drink in view of the pitch,[/quote]If Leeds were willing to break the law, yes.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]bet the fans are also allowed to drink in view of the pitch,[/quote]

If Leeds were willing to break the law, yes.
[/quote]

and the smoking isnt breaking the law? [:S]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]bet the fans are also allowed to drink in view of the pitch,[/quote]If Leeds were willing to break the law, yes. [/quote]

[/quote]The article seems to suggest smoking areas near turnstiles, not in the ground itself. Given that the smoking ban extends to quite specific areas and forms of buildings, Leeds will have made sure these areas are not walled or roofed to make sure a smoking area is allowed there. It is, for all intents, outside.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]bet the fans are also allowed to drink in view of the pitch,[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The article seems to suggest smoking areas near turnstiles, not in the ground itself. Given that the smoking ban extends to quite specific areas and forms of buildings, Leeds will have made sure these areas are not walled or roofed to make sure a smoking area is allowed there. It is, for all intents, outside.
[/quote]

therefore the thread title is incorrect!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]bet the fans are also allowed to drink in view of the pitch,[/quote]If Leeds were willing to break the law, yes. [/quote]

[/quote]The article seems to suggest smoking areas near turnstiles, not in the ground itself. Given that the smoking ban extends to quite specific areas and forms of buildings, Leeds will have made sure these areas are not walled or roofed to make sure a smoking area is allowed there. It is, for all intents, outside.[/quote]

[/quote]"The club has been creating additional areas inside Elland Road stadium to enable fans to smoke on a matchday"

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]The article seems to suggest smoking areas near turnstiles, not in the ground itself. Given that the smoking ban extends to quite specific areas and forms of buildings, Leeds will have made sure these areas are not walled or roofed to make sure a smoking area is allowed there. It is, for all intents, outside.[/quote]

[/quote]I believe it saves time to go into Wizards threads already under that assumption.

Common sense at last, good to hear clubs are thinking about their customers, as long as they have a smoking area that''s fine!

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The article seems to suggest smoking areas near turnstiles, not in the ground itself. Given that the smoking ban extends to quite specific areas and forms of buildings, Leeds will have made sure these areas are not walled or roofed to make sure a smoking area is allowed there. It is, for all intents, outside.
[/quote]

[/quote]

"The club has been creating additional areas inside Elland Road stadium to enable fans to smoke on a matchday"

[/quote]

where would that place the area then, as it must be 10 years away from a build up area i think.

"We''ve put these facilities into place so people who need to smoke will

have the opportunity to do so in an authorised area rather than in the

stands or toilets which causes significant discomfort to other fans"WTF?  who **** needs to smoke?  It''s like saying people who need to inject themselves with heroin. Or people who need to play with themselves in public.

Nanna I suggest you think wrong otherwise you wouldn''t be able to smoke in some pub beer gardens. They certainly don''t go 10 metres.

But being too young to smoke I guess you have a good reason not to know.

Davo

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Why is this in any way relevant to us?

And why are you so consumed by Leeds United?
[/quote]Err? because some City fans smoke?

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]"The club has been creating additional areas inside Elland Road stadium to enable fans to smoke on a matchday"[/quote]

where would that place the area then, as it must be 10 years away from a build up area i think.

[/quote]Ask them, they wrote the article it''s the first sentence.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Common sense at last, good to hear clubs are thinking about their customers, as long as they have a smoking area that''s fine![/quote]Why should your lot get preferential treatment because you choose to be an addict trying to kill yourself?  Your lot get a special queue in supermarkets already blocking up the way to purchase a lottery ticket.  Now your lot are getting special areas to take your drugs in football stadiums. 

" and if you can''t go 90 minutes without one then you need treatment."thankfully that doesn''t apply to starting new threads, eh wiz ? Wink [;)]

[quote user="City1st"]" and if you can''t go 90 minutes without one then you need treatment."

thankfully that doesn''t apply to starting new threads, eh wiz ? Wink [;)][/quote][:D]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"The club has been creating additional areas inside Elland Road stadium to enable fans to smoke on a matchday"

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s one hell of a walk !!!

Well they''ve got so much empty space in that ground they may as well turn some of it into smoking areas, plus spreading the fans out will help make the ground look fuller [;)]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Common sense at last, good to hear clubs are thinking about their customers, as long as they have a smoking area that''s fine![/quote]

With a big fan blowing the smoke back at them and not drift elsewhere 

I suppose 25 years after Bradford the game is ready to forget!

I bet this will be accompanied by the club starting to sell cigarettes!

[quote user="rjwc22"]I suppose 25 years after Bradford the game is ready to forget!

I bet this will be accompanied by the club starting to sell cigarettes![/quote]Ironically they banned vuvuzelas