Sign in to follow this  
Superflash

These Nil-Nil's, Jackson not scoring, Holt not being fit yet...

...Really don''t bother me in the slightest. I won''t blame one or two people for bringing up these subjects and being slightly worried, but here''s the thing, whatever happens in these friendlies really doesn''t matter. Even if we draw 0-0 with Watford or lose on the opening night, Pre-season still won''t have mattered in terms of what actually took place in the games. It''ll be decided on the given night against Watford. There''s no question we''ll be fit enough for the game.Plus, last season''s pre-season was an unbeaten campaign, and look what happened then on the first day. I specifically remember reading a Neil Adams article before the game, where he talked about some of his own pre-season adventures. He recalled one where I think his team lost all the games, but hammered their opponents on the first day of the season. In short, I really don''t think there''s any need to panic at all. Our squad looks really strong on paper and we''ve got one of the best managers in the league, if not THE best manager. We''ll be fine.

Sense, absolute sense. [Y]And i plead with the rest of the fans on this board to listen to such reasoned arguments.

Worth mentioning of course Lamberts pre-season with Colchester before last season was just as average, if not worse than ours this year, contrast to our unbeaten pre-season under Gunn, finishing with a satisfying and promising win over Premier League side Wigan. Having seen the first games of the season for these two sides, i can confidently look every football fan in the eye and tell them that all of it meant royally f*ck all, other than to improve the fitness of players.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]No no no, we aren''t scoring against the likes of diss how on earth are we supposed to beat a champ team!? xD[/quote]well seems not 1 member of te first team was in that squad id say it would be pretty easy to beat champ team afterall we beat premierleague team in pre season AGAIN! [:P]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]No no no, we aren''t scoring against the likes of diss how on earth are we supposed to beat a champ team!? xD[/quote]well seems not 1 member of te first team was in that squad id say it would be pretty easy to beat champ team afterall we beat premierleague team in pre season AGAIN! [:P][/quote]I was having a rought punt because I couldn''t remember if that was our youth or not and couldn''t remember a result where we drew xD (dagenham?)

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]No no no, we aren''t scoring against the likes of diss how on earth are we supposed to beat a champ team!? xD[/quote]well seems not 1 member of te first team was in that squad id say it would be pretty easy to beat champ team afterall we beat premierleague team in pre season AGAIN! [:P][/quote]I was having a rought punt because I couldn''t remember if that was our youth or not and couldn''t remember a result where we drew xD (dagenham?)[/quote]Stevanage dudee

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]No no no, we aren''t scoring against the likes of diss how on earth are we supposed to beat a champ team!? xD[/quote]well seems not 1 member of te first team was in that squad id say it would be pretty easy to beat champ team afterall we beat premierleague team in pre season AGAIN! [:P][/quote]I was having a rought punt because I couldn''t remember if that was our youth or not and couldn''t remember a result where we drew xD (dagenham?)[/quote]

Or maybe the game played last night, Lincoln [:^)]

Exactly there is no need to panic. You can''t win any points at this time so all that is important is that the players are getting fitter and know what is required of them on the opening day. You can''t read anything into games where Owain Tudur Jones is being played as a centre back. Ultimately when the season starts he and Gill will not be anywhere near the first team picture. However the one thing that does worry me is that Lambert has signed two players in Whitbread and Smith who before they joined had serious issues over whether they could stay fit. Both have subsequently broken down in pre season. That can''t be a good sign particularly as Whitbread was also a write off last season.

You could say the one good thing about the 7-1 last season is that it proves that one individual result means nothing.I''ve banged on about it before, but it''s the WAY the team plays - consistently - that matters. A good team playing good football will eventually triumph over the length of a season.(Of course the other good thing was we got Lambert!)

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Exactly there is no need to panic. You can''t win any points at this time so all that is important is that the players are getting fitter and know what is required of them on the opening day. You can''t read anything into games where Owain Tudur Jones is being played as a centre back. Ultimately when the season starts he and Gill will not be anywhere near the first team picture. However the one thing that does worry me is that Lambert has signed two players in Whitbread and Smith who before they joined had serious issues over whether they could stay fit. Both have subsequently broken down in pre season. That can''t be a good sign particularly as Whitbread was also a write off last season.[/quote]

Reading the edp yesterday about the Diss game they were refering to the types of teams the kids will meet in the Norkolk senior cup,And it seems to me that it don''t take mastermind to work out that we have more than 11 players and Lambert and co have to get them all fit, So if he decides to send kids from the youth or fringe players don''t make a difference, It''s the outcome on and after 6thAugust. To be honest I don''t like pre season games for fear of injurys but you can''t get match fit without games. But In Lambert I Trust  

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]No no no, we aren''t scoring against the likes of diss how on earth are we supposed to beat a champ team!? xD[/quote]well seems not 1 member of te first team was in that squad id say it would be pretty easy to beat champ team afterall we beat premierleague team in pre season AGAIN! [:P][/quote]I was having a rought punt because I couldn''t remember if that was our youth or not and couldn''t remember a result where we drew xD (dagenham?)[/quote]

Or maybe the game played last night, Lincoln [:^)][/quote]Hardly any first teamers in that squad though

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]No no no, we aren''t scoring against the likes of diss how on earth are we supposed to beat a champ team!? xD
[/quote]

that wasnt the 1st team

Surely there is no reason to panic or worry.  As I saw first hand last night, the games seem to be to get the players some game time that is reasonably competitive, plus try a few tactical things out (last night it was 3-4-3) and give some players the chance to show why they should be considered for the 1st team squad come match day.

I personally wouldn''t advocate using 3-4-3 after last night''s showing, but if Lambert uses it more often in non-competitive games, should he see an opportunity where it would be his chosen formation, the players will already be aware of it and it won''t be something his staff have to try and drill the players on during the week leading up to a competitive fixture.