Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

Re: I only just learnt Mickey Spillane's son

Indeed, Wiz. It''s one thinking joking Robert Eagle moving to Benfica. It''s entirely another about someone killing themselves.

if you need to ask why this is unpleasant then you have serious problems.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Indeed, Wiz. It''s one thinking joking Robert Eagle moving to Benfica. It''s entirely another about someone killing themselves.[/quote]As in somebody you haven''t heard of, and probably don''t give a chuff about anyway... oh never mind.

Jeez, lighten up "I feel I should be offended by this, but I''m really not" people.

I can live with it''s not funny.  But the reason why people predictably jumped straight into shock mode was because they assumed when I said ''Mickey Spillane''s son'' they thought I meant our ex players son.I''m just a silly sausage really doing silly things to get through the day.Anyway I just learnt that Rod Hull...

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]I can live with it''s not funny.  But the reason why people predictably jumped straight into shock mode was because they assumed when I said ''Mickey Spillane''s son'' they thought I meant our ex players son.I''m just a silly sausage really doing silly things to get through the day.Anyway I just learnt that Rod Hull...[/quote]Probably not helped by the Brentford reference. You stupid boy!!!!

I hardly think should Mickey Spillane have a son - that he would be old enough to text!!!

[quote user="IncH_HigH "][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]I can live with it''s not funny.  But the reason why people predictably jumped straight into shock mode was because they assumed when I said ''Mickey Spillane''s son'' they thought I meant our ex players son.I''m just a silly sausage really doing silly things to get through the day.Anyway I just learnt that Rod Hull...[/quote]Probably not helped by the Brentford reference. You stupid boy!!!![/quote]I can''t help it if some of you are easily tricked into knee jerk reactions.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]Fell out of his apartment window and killed himself.  He was trying to get a signal to send a text to his dad congratulating his move to Brentford.  All the text said was, "Congrats dad, inspiration is an empty bank account". [/quote]Hmm, I wonder why people would get the impression you were talking about our former player?Still, not remotely funny.[/quote]No because the shock happened when you read ''Fell out of his apartment window and killed himself''.

But if he FELL out of the window, then surely it was an accident and thus didn''t ''kill himself''. Not in ''that'' sense anyway. Obviously he did kill himself, but unintentionally.........

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]Fell out of his apartment window and killed himself.  He was trying to get a signal to send a text to his dad congratulating his move to Brentford.  All the text said was, "Congrats dad, inspiration is an empty bank account". [/quote]Hmm, I wonder why people would get the impression you were talking about our former player?Still, not remotely funny.[/quote]No because the shock happened when you read ''Fell out of his apartment window and killed himself''.[/quote]No, I felt no shock at all. Just a sense of annoyance that I bothered to read the thread and that you have wasted my time and bandwidth.

While you''re at it Filly, why don''t you try and find a link between Norwich City and the name Clapton. Then you can make comments about Eric Clapton''s son falling out of a window too.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]Fell out of his apartment window and killed himself.  He was trying to get a signal to send a text to his dad congratulating his move to Brentford.  All the text said was, "Congrats dad, inspiration is an empty bank account". [/quote]Hmm, I wonder why people would get the impression you were talking about our former player?Still, not remotely funny.[/quote]No because the shock happened when you read ''Fell out of his apartment window and killed himself''.[/quote]No, I felt no shock at all. Just a sense of annoyance that I bothered to read the thread and that you have wasted my time and bandwidth. [/quote]But do you find it odd that Mickey Spillane was born in Hell''s Kitchen but plays for Ireland?

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="IncH_HigH "][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]I can live with it''s not funny.  But the reason why people predictably jumped straight into shock mode was because they assumed when I said ''Mickey Spillane''s son'' they thought I meant our ex players son.

I''m just a silly sausage really doing silly things to get through the day.

Anyway I just learnt that Rod Hull...
[/quote]

Probably not helped by the Brentford reference. You stupid boy!!!!
[/quote]

I can''t help it if some of you are easily tricked into knee jerk reactions.
[/quote]

Can i point out that my reply was in fact in reference to the character Pike in Dads army who used to make silly mistakes and not your original post. But I thank you for your knee jerk reaction.

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="IncH_HigH "][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]I can live with it''s not funny.  But the reason why people predictably jumped straight into shock mode was because they assumed when I said ''Mickey Spillane''s son'' they thought I meant our ex players son.I''m just a silly sausage really doing silly things to get through the day.Anyway I just learnt that Rod Hull...[/quote]Probably not helped by the Brentford reference. You stupid boy!!!![/quote]I can''t help it if some of you are easily tricked into knee jerk reactions.[/quote]

Can i point out that my reply was in fact in reference to the character Pike in Dads army who used to make silly mistakes and not your original post. But I thank you for your knee jerk reaction.

[/quote]That doesn''t really make sense.