Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

If worthy went.......

which i dont want him too at all. Who would replace him? I have to be honest and say if a manager like Harry Redknapp took charge then i would not complain at all. but if many of you got your way and Worthy left? Who would replace him? and would anybody want to replace him?

There is only one other option Martin O''Neil along with C Sutton as part of the super deal! - however I would be very unhappy to see Worthy go and chances of getting Martin and Chris are almost non existent- changes in Worthy''s coaching staff - well thats another discussion.......

Strachan???  Ha, ha, ha!!!  I love the way his name gets tipped for every conceivable job..... on what basis I''ve absolutely no idea.  How about Houlier or Hoddle???  Then we''d really have something to moan about...

Give me Worthington any day... a play off final and a championship in a little over 3 years...

What''s more, Worthy''s not going anyway - thankfully!

This would be the same Houllier that won an FA Cup, Worthington Cup, UEFA cup and qualified for the Champions league. He wasn''t perfect, but yeah I''d love that to moan about 

For me Strachan would be the man he would put some fire in the players bellys he would give 110% look what he did at his former clubs he only left Southampton because he hadnt had a break from footy since he started at 15 & he needed a hip operation!

Plus the after match interviews would be great!

Can just imagine Mr Waller asking him a usual dodgy question? What a laugh!

[quote]This would be the same Houllier that won an FA Cup, Worthington Cup, UEFA cup and qualified for the Champions league. He wasn''t perfect, but yeah I''d love that to moan about[/quote]

There''s been an awful lot of sense talked about this, and you know where I stand, firmly in the ''he must go'' camp.

But I have to agree its tricky. The money, we are told , is not there. So who could we attract of any pedigree within the budget?.

I''m lampooned because I admire George Burly, I would of course prefer Arsne Wenger, but I''m cutting my purse to fit the cloth, well ''sumit'' like that!.

I like watching footy played on the deck. If you think City do this already, count how many times its thumped up field on Saturday, go on, you might be shocked!.

So I suppose any manager who''s a strong believer in this style of play, is use to working within a tight buget, and is cheap, will do for me.

IMO Worthy fits two of those conditions, we need someone who fits all three, and I believe Burly does.

Not my ideal choice, but then beggars can''t be choosers, yes?.

Agree Houllier looks good on paper Machoman, but not sure Scousers saw it that way when calling for his head last season....

Would be interested to see what he''d deliver at a small club with no cash.... provided it''s not our club of course!

Strachan turned southamptonaround from relegation strugglers to on the verge of the uefa cuo.I would LOVE to have him as manager.

You can see how much southampton miss him now, look at their league positions since he left.

Can''t someone be brought in to assist Worthy? I don''t think you can blame just him. The players know what they have to do too. They get paid enough money.I do agree something has to be done now though. Can''t keep leaving it and leaving it. The win was around the corner in September but its November now and it still hasn''t happened!!OTBC

I''m still in the keep Worthy camp but if he were to go I don''t think we would be able to afford to "buy" a manager from another club (eg, compensation wise) Therefore that would leave us with the managers who are out of work.  Ie:

• Gorden Strachen
  • Bobby Robson
  • Micky Adams
  • Gary Megson
  • Gerrard Houllier
  • Glenn Hoddle

Ummm, nah you''re alright thanks!