Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Perfect start????

Could we have asked for a better start?

Watford at home - Although it will be very nervy and tight, this is a very winable first game.

Scunthorpe Away - by no means easy but as easy as they are going to come in this division.

Swansea at home - Little bit of momentum going, manager under pressure before a ball as even been kicked, dont expect them getting anything at Hull, another really winable game.

Is 9 points possible?

That takes us to Forest away, our first real test.

Dare to dream?

If you include the Gills game in the cup, I believe we will win our first 4 games of the season, I really do. [:)]This really should put us in good shape for the season, even if we do lose at Forest. What would you take out of the 3 games though, at minimum? I wouldn''t settle for any less than 5. We should beat Watford, and get at least 2 points out of the other two.

9 points. It won''t be three easier games.Get to the top then let the rest play catch up.I don''t see the guff about being a promoted team. Promoted club yes, but it is the team on the pitch that decides games and we may well field at team with only 3 or 4 of last years team.We also seem to be the only club who have actually put their squad together as they have wanted, and are set to go. From the absurd shambles at poorman road to the wholesale clearance at other clubs there does not seem to be much consistency anywhere. Points lost are lost for good. There are only so many points to be won, so we sneed to hit the ground running. I''m sure others will settle down, sort themselves out after the transfer window closes Aug 31 but until then lets start as if this was the last three games and we needed to guarantee promotion.Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn ! ! !

I''d be content with 4 or more points and happy with 6 or more from the first 3 games - Gillingham aside.

I think we showed last season that even with a relatively dodgy start we''re a good side however, like Ips**t last season, getting the first win under the belt quickly can and is likely to be very important.