Sign in to follow this  
RudyCanary

Daryl Russell

Don,t know if this has already been covered, bit I was speking with a steward today.

He said the talk at the ground is that Russel wanted to come back, but was told by Lambert that it was to late now as he had already got a replacement.

Did not surprise me as he stil has not got a club

Yer its been said before. We didn''t wait around for him and it looks like he is going to Preston just incase people don''t read this site.

[quote user="G"]Yer its been said before. We didn''t wait around for him and it looks like he is going to Preston just incase people don''t read this site.[/quote]If people don''t read this site, how will they read that? Or this? Or the next post? Or the next one????THE HORROR!!!!!  [:O]

I wonder if Russell REALLY had Preston as the sort of destination in mind when he turned down the offer on the table?

It''s grim up north.  however I would still have had him around our squad though so I hope we haven''t cut off our nose to spite our face on this one?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I wonder if Russell REALLY had Preston as the sort of destination in mind when he turned down the offer on the table?

It''s grim up north.  however I would still have had him around our squad though so I hope we haven''t cut off our nose to spite our face on this one?

[/quote]

is russell wanted to wait for a better offer then wants to come back he can f off imo!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Russell got what he deserved[/quote]

i would have had him here, but if he wants more money then he deserved to be kicked out.

For the 2nd time, As you sow so shall you reap.  Weren''t good enough for him when he thought other clubs would come in, and when he realised that no one wanted him he came running back, tough titty Rusty.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

For the 2nd time, As you sow so shall you reap.  Weren''t good enough for him when he thought other clubs would come in, and when he realised that no one wanted him he came running back, tough titty Rusty.

[/quote]

made me giggle [:P]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

made me giggle [:P]

[/quote]

lol good [:D]

he basicaly looked around to see if he could get a better offer to the one that was on the table.

No one wanted him so he thought he`d come back to us.

Well it`s too late now PL has gone and bought about 10 midfielders. So no more room at the inn.

he wasn`t that good anyway

I think he was arseing about last summer as well - moving to Burnley or something.I would suggest that the club offered him less, certainly less than he thought he was worth so he wanted to try his luck elsewhere. That suggests he does not have a good agent. The lie of the land contract wise, should have been sussed out BEFORE his contract was up. Any better deal on offer, then take it. Nothing doing then that should have told him all he needed to know in many ways, so grab whatever City were offering.Again this does show a more determined streak about the club. No sentiment. A former City youth etc, well tough. In a ideal world the playing staff and everybody would be one happy family of current youth and former players. Look where that got us with Gunn and Grant. This should act as a bit of a ''warning'' to others.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="G"]Yer its been said before. We didn''t wait around for him and it looks like he is going to Preston just incase people don''t read this site.[/quote]

If people don''t read this site, how will they read that? Or this? Or the next post? Or the next one????

THE HORROR!!!!! 

[:O]
[/quote]

The homepage you tit. The one with all the news about Norwich City.

[quote user="City1st"]I think he was arseing about last summer as well - moving to Burnley or something.I would suggest that the club offered him less, certainly less than he thought he was worth so he wanted to try his luck elsewhere. That suggests he does not have a good agent. The lie of the land contract wise, should have been sussed out BEFORE his contract was up. Any better deal on offer, then take it. Nothing doing then that should have told him all he needed to know in many ways, so grab whatever City were offering.Again this does show a more determined streak about the club. No sentiment. A former City youth etc, well tough. In a ideal world the playing staff and everybody would be one happy family of current youth and former players. Look where that got us with Gunn and Grant. This should act as a bit of a ''warning'' to others.

[/quote]Completely agree with that City1st. [Y]

Though i hope we show a little more urgency and determination to retain Hoolahan at the end of this season without compromising this "hard line" approach, for facilitating his departure under similar circumstances would be incomparably more difficult. Russell was a decent player, but scarce few players are more unique, clever, nor as irreplaceable as Wes at this level of football.

heard Russell wanted a move to leeds after they showed interest in him last season hence why he turned down PL''s offer, personally, like others have said, i thought he was a great player and would have took him back for cheaper although i do like the look of fox, John i agree with you, Hooly at this level will be vital as he showed against newcastle on saturday and hopefull will do this season

[quote user="G"]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="G"]Yer its been said before. We didn''t wait around for him and it looks like he is going to Preston just incase people don''t read this site.[/quote]

If people don''t read this site, how will they read that? Or this? Or the next post? Or the next one????

THE HORROR!!!!! 

[:O]
[/quote]

The homepage you tit. The one with all the news about Norwich City.

[/quote]

Em.....but if they don''t read the site, how will they read that, or this?