Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

New Club Shop

I thought McNasty had said that all money was now going to be invested towards the playing side rather than other aspects of the club... but now money has been spent on refitting out the club shop at the stadium.It seems that NCFC can''t afford to play reserve games at CR but can afford to refit the club shop. The actions seem to contradict his words.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I thought McNasty had said that all money was now going to be invested towards the playing side rather than other aspects of the club... but now money has been spent on refitting out the club shop at the stadium.It seems that NCFC can''t afford to play reserve games at CR but can afford to refit the club shop. The actions seem to contradict his words. [/quote]Or perhaps in making the customer experience better, he feels that greater profits will be made? Its hardly throwing money away, is it?

Absolutly spot on Tom,I remember him saying, and in fact, I have the Season Ticket 2010/2011 magazine next to me, and in the article with him on Page 3, I quote him saying this,"You (The Fans) help the club enormsly and you can help again by renewing your season ticket, If you renew by certain deadlines we promise you that: Every spare penny raised goes to the first team budget"

Says it all really....

Revenue generated by reserve teams games? None, probaly doesn''t even cover the cost of turning on the floodlights.

Revenue generated by the taste-deficient customers of the club shop? Plenty.

Which one would you throw some of the club''s meagre resources at?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I thought McNasty had said that all money was now going to be invested towards the playing side rather than other aspects of the club... but now money has been spent on refitting out the club shop at the stadium.It seems that NCFC can''t afford to play reserve games at CR but can afford to refit the club shop. The actions seem to contradict his words. [/quote]Which is an interesting viewpoint as, a while back, you were praising the board''s efforts to maximise off-pitch revenues.http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1678919/ShowPost.aspxNever mind the board''s actions - I''d suggest your posts seem to contradict each other.

"You know we as a club are doing well on the pitch when moaners are resorting to the refurbishing of the club shop.... "

Yep...

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]

Revenue generated by reserve teams games? None, probaly doesn''t even cover the cost of turning on the floodlights.

Revenue generated by the taste-deficient customers of the club shop? Plenty.

Which one would you throw some of the club''s meagre resources at?

[/quote]I would rather see the investment in the playing side like he said would happen.With regard to reserve games, getting used to playing at the stadium will have a benefit to the younger players, plus reserve games used to attract lots of youngsters to the club for the first time... many of whom would buy NCFC merchandise.NCFC often have the floodlights on at the stadium at night when there isn''t even a game being played just so people can see the pitch from Delia''s.

How much was spent on the refurb? £25K? How much more than that will it bring in? How much was spent on adding extra seats? I think a few well timed and well positioned investments in things like that will generate greater funds in the long run and have probably cost peanuts so are unlikely to have been capable of making any difference on the playing side apart from an Andy Hughes calibre person on loan for a month or two.

Club shop makes a good profit, how much do you think they pay Xara for their kits, not exactly Addidas are they?So tart the shop up a bit, move things around and stuff the prices up a bit more, that`s how retail works.It`s just the way it is, how many times you been to a supermarket and they`ve moved things?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="tom cavendish"]I thought McNasty had said that all money was now going to be invested towards the playing side rather than other aspects of the club... but now money has been spent on refitting out the club shop at the stadium.It seems that NCFC can''t afford to play reserve games at CR but can afford to refit the club shop. The actions seem to contradict his words. [/quote]Which is an interesting viewpoint as, a while back, you were praising the board''s efforts to maximise off-pitch revenues.http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1678919/ShowPost.aspxNever mind the board''s actions - I''d suggest your posts seem to contradict each other.[/quote]I gave credit  for the marketing that created such a demand for tickets that most games became sold out regardless of what happened on the pitch and for the investment in the stadium. I thought it was brilliant how they did it and recognise that the Board don''t pick the team and sign the players etc. The club now has the infrastructure and fanbase to support a team at a high level and any spare money needs to go towards the team or paying off the debts.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]How much was spent on the refurb? £25K? How much more than that will it bring in? How much was spent on adding extra seats? I think a few well timed and well positioned investments in things like that will generate greater funds in the long run and have probably cost peanuts so are unlikely to have been capable of making any difference on the playing side apart from an Andy Hughes calibre person on loan for a month or two.[/quote]Wouldn''t the refurb be claimed back through tax? I''m far from an expert but it could easily be claimed in some sort of expense?

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="tom cavendish"]I thought McNasty had said that all money was now going to be invested towards the playing side rather than other aspects of the club... but now money has been spent on refitting out the club shop at the stadium.It seems that NCFC can''t afford to play reserve games at CR but can afford to refit the club shop. The actions seem to contradict his words. [/quote]Which is an interesting viewpoint as, a while back, you were praising the board''s efforts to maximise off-pitch revenues.http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1678919/ShowPost.aspxNever mind the board''s actions - I''d suggest your posts seem to contradict each other.[/quote]I gave credit  for the marketing that created such a demand for tickets that most games became sold out regardless of what happened on the pitch and for the investment in the stadium. I thought it was brilliant how they did it and recognise that the Board don''t pick the team and sign the players etc. The club now has the infrastructure and fanbase to support a team at a high level and any spare money needs to go towards the team or paying off the debts.[/quote]But you said"

Some fans talk of the potential of Norwich City, but Norwich can only

support a medium sized club as Norwich does not have a huge local

population. The stadium is nearly full for most games so Norwich City is

not far from its potential off the pitch. Therefore, off the pitch the

Board have done a good job to help reach the potential."

But surely spending £25k on the club shop to drive up revenue is the Board doing a good job to raise the potential income for off-pitch activities?

What do you think of the new seats being installed?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]agree tumbleweed. £25k is £1 from each fan from the watford ga,e![/quote]And in the whole scheme of things it''s **** all

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]How much was spent on the refurb? £25K? How much more than that will it bring in? How much was spent on adding extra seats? I think a few well timed and well positioned investments in things like that will generate greater funds in the long run and have probably cost peanuts so are unlikely to have been capable of making any difference on the playing side apart from an Andy Hughes calibre person on loan for a month or two.[/quote]The extra seats will take 3 years to pay for themselves so will have cost about £1m.

building work doesn`t come cheap, even if they only putting foundations in for seats.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]agree tumbleweed. £25k is £1 from each fan from the watford ga,e![/quote]

And in the whole scheme of things it''s **** all
[/quote]

its paid for in 1 game [y]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]agree tumbleweed. £25k is £1 from each fan from the watford ga,e![/quote]And in the whole scheme of things it''s **** all[/quote]Who says it cost 25K? Even small shop refits usually cost a lot more than that. More likely the cost was £100k or so.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]agree tumbleweed. £25k is £1 from each fan from the watford ga,e![/quote]And in the whole scheme of things it''s **** all[/quote]Who says it cost 25K? Even small shop refits usually cost a lot more than that. More likely the cost was £100k or so.[/quote]Do you actually know that, or are you guessing?

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]agree tumbleweed. £25k is £1 from each fan from the watford ga,e![/quote]

[/quote]

Who says it cost 25K? Even small shop refits usually cost a lot more than that. More likely the cost was £100k or so.
[/quote]

4 games then! still gives 19 games to help cover costs of new seats.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]agree tumbleweed. £25k is £1 from each fan from the watford ga,e![/quote]And in the whole scheme of things it''s **** all[/quote]Who says it cost 25K? Even small shop refits usually cost a lot more than that. More likely the cost was £100k or so.[/quote]Do you actually know that, or are you guessing?[/quote]I know that even small shop refits can cost £50K+.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="I am a Banana"]agree tumbleweed. £25k is £1 from each fan from the watford ga,e![/quote]And in the whole scheme of things it''s **** all[/quote]Who says it cost 25K? Even small shop refits usually cost a lot more than that. More likely the cost was £100k or so.[/quote]I just took it as read that 25K was a fact.  Somebody should''ve posted the catsup

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]agree tumbleweed. £25k is £1 from each fan from the watford ga,e![/quote]And in the whole scheme of things it''s **** all[/quote]Who says it cost 25K? Even small shop refits usually cost a lot more than that. More likely the cost was £100k or so.[/quote]Do you actually know that, or are you guessing?[/quote]I know that even small shop refits can cost £50K+.[/quote]So, which is it, 50 or 100 k?Methinks you are stabbing in the dark here lol.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="morty"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]agree tumbleweed. £25k is £1 from each fan from the watford ga,e![/quote]

[/quote]

Who says it cost 25K? Even small shop refits usually cost a lot more than that. More likely the cost was £100k or so.
[/quote]

Do you actually know that, or are you guessing?
[/quote]

I know that even small shop refits can cost £50K+.
[/quote]

yeah and your point is....norwich city fc plc will be able to cover the costs of the new refurb.