Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Where do you sit?

Where do you sit at Carrow Road, and how good is the view? Me, my Daddy and brother sit in the Jarrold, area O or something Row J. Basically, in line with the penalty spot probably and just below the stairs to the bar area. Just wondering what is the best view of the place. I think middle of Jarrold, or front row of the top tier in the Barclay/N+P is good, but would like to hear all of your opinions. Is the Smith + Pinching (I think it''s called that, opposite the Jarrold?) good? I went there on a tour of the ground once on a school trip, but can''t really remember it. So yeah, what do you think?

[quote user="Brendo "]Me, my Daddy and brother sit in the Jarrold, area O or something Row J. Basically, in line with the penalty spot probably and just below the stairs to the bar area. [/quote]Forgot to say about where I sit. Basically, it''s a pretty decent view of the N+P half of the pitch, and good views of offsides, and stuff in the pen area. However some things the other side of the pitch can be hard to put in perspective. E.g sometimes I dunno if we''re 30 yards from the goal or 5. If you get me? [:S] All in all, I like my seat, and there is far worse imo.

Tbh who cares about the view? As long as i can see the pitch, the most important thing for me is the atmosphere.....

I sit lower barclay.

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

Tbh who cares about the view? As long as i can see the pitch, the most important thing for me is the atmosphere.....

I sit lower barclay.

[/quote]Isn''t that a contradiction?[;)]

Upper Barclay, sat there for about 10 years now. Cracking view, and the atmosphere carries up from the Lower and the Snake pit, also, we do actually sing up there too btw.Sat in the Jarrold for the Newcastle game, and the view there is amazing, but the season tickets cost more there and I''m not sure about the atmosphere, I remember sitting in the old South stand and it having a high percentage of old biddies doing their knitting.

Why don''t you come back when you have something decent to say and you have had a few English lessons?

Scummer.

Sit in the Jarrold, block next to the away fans, cracking view of everything that''s going on, bit of banter with the away lot to crank the atmosphere up, you''ll even find a few jarrold fans singing in that block too! ;)

[quote user="Wes Hoolahans right foot"]im ashamed 2 sit newhere wivin carroe road. crap ground, no atmosfere.[/quote]What. I am also ashamed to sit anywhere in Carroe Road wherever the hell that is. What is an atmosfere? Also what is "wivin" is it something that married women do?

[quote user="morty"]Upper Barclay, sat there for about 10 years now. Cracking view, and the atmosphere carries up from the Lower and the Snake pit, also, we do actually sing up there too btw.

Sat in the Jarrold for the Newcastle game, and the view there is amazing, but the season tickets cost more there and I''m not sure about the atmosphere, I remember sitting in the old South stand and it having a high percentage of old biddies doing their knitting.
[/quote]

Me too Morty, Upper Barclay 1st block next to snake pit and right at the front, would not change it to anywhere else, more leg room, can put food or drinks on the wall, totally unimpared view.

are you in the 1st block if so how far up ?

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="morty"]Upper Barclay, sat there for about 10 years now. Cracking view, and the atmosphere carries up from the Lower and the Snake pit, also, we do actually sing up there too btw.Sat in the Jarrold for the Newcastle game, and the view there is amazing, but the season tickets cost more there and I''m not sure about the atmosphere, I remember sitting in the old South stand and it having a high percentage of old biddies doing their knitting.[/quote]

Me too Morty, Upper Barclay 1st block next to snake pit and right at the front, would not change it to anywhere else, more leg room, can put food or drinks on the wall, totally unimpared view.

[/quote]I''m in block B, kinda in the middle of the stand, 4 rows back. Yeah, I like sitting there.

Its all about preferences..

For me lower barclay is perfect:

Loudest atmosphere, good bar area downstairs, close to away fans, decent view and stand pretty much all game.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="morty"]Upper Barclay, sat there for about 10 years now. Cracking view, and the atmosphere carries up from the Lower and the Snake pit, also, we do actually sing up there too btw.

Sat in the Jarrold for the Newcastle game, and the view there is amazing, but the season tickets cost more there and I''m not sure about the atmosphere, I remember sitting in the old South stand and it having a high percentage of old biddies doing their knitting.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m in block B, kinda in the middle of the stand, 4 rows back. Yeah, I like sitting there.
[/quote]

BU for rows from the front morty, well as I am AU at the front we must have seen each other at some point ! we will have to try to pick a game to say hello to each other

Snakepit, an aisle seat on row N.Perfect, love the atmosphere in there ... and easy to get a drink and a bite to eat at half time [:)]

I don''t have a season ticket unfortunately but on the plus side it means I get to sample the views of the whole stadium. I''ve sat virtually on the half way line in the South stand, City stand and Jarrold stand. I''ve been on the back row of the upper Barclay (many years ago against Villa singing "Chase Out"). I''ve been in the snake pit, the lower barclay, both tiers of the River End (including directly behind the goal in a 3-1 win against the Scum on a friday night).

I think I''ve sat in pretty much every part of teh ground except the boxes, the community stand and the away end (for obvious reasons). The view on the half way line is by far the best but being in the Barclay and Snake pit are alot more fun.

Davo

I think I have come to the conclusion that Upper Barclay and Middle Jarrold are the best in my opinion.Away games are more about singing/atmosphere for me. 

Lower Barclay Block D, just to the away fans side of the goal and just above. Good atmosphere, just got to watch your bag of chips before the game when the aways are having their shooting warmup!

[quote user="Brendo "]I think I have come to the conclusion that Upper Barclay and Middle Jarrold are the best in my opinion.

Away games are more about singing/atmosphere for me. 
[/quote]

Just interested what your basing this on?

Personally if i had the best view wherever that may be if there was no atmosphere i would hate it.

Also Barclay lower is always first to sell out, suggesting it is the most popular..

I would guess he is basing it on the fact that its his personal opinion.[:|]

[quote user="morty"]I would guess he is basing it on the fact that its his personal opinion.[:|][/quote][Y]Spot on. Well, I think view is quite important to me, but also atmosphere is to certain people.I''ve always went to home games with family, which they pay for, so I am more than happy to not sit in the Barclay/Snake pit, so I am used to not being where everyone sings. Which doesn''t really bother me. I do like the atmosphere at away games though, which I believe to be similar? However I feel for home games anyway, view is probably more important. I mention upper Barclay, and not N+P coz of the atmosphere, and similar things of the Jarrold compared to City stand.

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

[quote user="Brendo "]I think I have come to the conclusion that Upper Barclay and Middle Jarrold are the best in my opinion.Away games are more about singing/atmosphere for me.  [/quote]

Also Barclay lower is always first to sell out, suggesting it is the most popular..

[/quote]Just thought I''d put this into perspective. Upper barclay has probably about 3,000 seats in? Jarrold has 7,000 I believe.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="ucl-canary"]

[quote user="Brendo "]I think I have come to the conclusion that Upper Barclay and Middle Jarrold are the best in my opinion.Away games are more about singing/atmosphere for me.  [/quote]

[/quote]Just thought I''d put this into perspective. Lower barclay has probably about 3,000 seats in? Jarrold has 7,000 I believe.[/quote]Grrr.

I suppose it''s all about priorities (view, free tickets etc) but I think I''d be bored rigid if I had to sit in the middle of the Jarrold or the Upper N&P. I know it''s becoming increasingly sanitised but sitting in relative silence being tutted at for standing or shouting is my idea of hell.

As you say Brendo, it''s personal preference. For me, it''s atmosphere so i''m happiest in the Barclay Lower. However for the Newcastle game I thought "I''ll give the Jarrold Stand a try. Cracking view. Can''t really tell on the atmosphere thing as there wasn''t any as it was fairly empty in the ground.I imagine the ultimate compromise would be in the Jarrold stand, near the away fans. That way you get the side view and some good atmosphere. I''ve noticed that block closest to the away fans singing even more last season.

"Snakepit, an aisle seat on row N.

Perfect, love the atmosphere in there ... and easy to get a drink and a bite to eat at half time"

I used to work in the kiosk/bar in the snakepit...we would nearly always run out of pies and hotdogs and the beer pumps would always play up..was a nightmare working there at times lol