Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Norwich: Top Two finish again!

Thats how confident I am this year, promotion to the Premier and not via the playoffs.

My bones and balls (crystal!) foretold promotion last season, and they''ll be proved right again.

No relience one anyone else''s rumours and tip offs, just me, the old wiz is back.

Hexes and virgins to follow if required.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/read2.gif[/img]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]you do post some **** (i know i do too.)[/quote]I dont come on here very often, but I come on here enough to know that if anyone is more deserving of the pot, kettle and black phrase, its you, Banana!Love your positive vibes First Wizard.

[quote user="ting tong"]Anyone know the odds of a Norwich back to back promotion at the bookies[/quote]Long I would think ting tong, but well worth a bet I''d say.

[quote user="ting tong"]Anyone know the odds of a Norwich back to back promotion at the bookies[/quote]5/1 to go up

16/1 to win the league

Great Stuff Wiz!Will you be sending in your thoughts to Canary Call this season? like last year.I remember last season them readingo ut a few texts from The First Wizard of Lowestoft [;)]

[quote user="Daz"]Great Stuff Wiz!

Will you be sending in your thoughts to Canary Call this season? like last year.

I remember last season them readingo ut a few texts from The First Wizard of Lowestoft [;)]
[/quote]It wasn''t me Daz, I don''t even have a mobile, plus I don''t listen to the radio, I find lip reading a bit hard on that![:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Daz"]Great Stuff Wiz!

Will you be sending in your thoughts to Canary Call this season? like last year.

I remember last season them readingo ut a few texts from The First Wizard of Lowestoft [;)]
[/quote]It wasn''t me Daz, I don''t even have a mobile, plus I don''t listen to the radio, I find lip reading a bit hard on that![:S][/quote]

Same as me Wiz, What does Naillllllll look like then

[quote user="First Wizard"]
I .....have a mobile, plus I ...listen to the radio, I .... a bit hard on that![:S][/quote]

CAPTION COMPETITION!!!!!

Can''t see it happening myself, but then I aren''t a Wizard so what do I know.I will be more than happy if we steer clear of relegation worries. A good solid season and a top half finish will be more than satisfactory in my opinion.

[quote user="Carra_Rud"]Love your positive vibes First Wizard.[/quote]Yes but he''ll also be the first to turn into an a***hole when it doesn''t materialise.

Don''t see it myself. This team is made up of mainly unproven players at this level barring a few.

A top half finish will be a good season with a promotion push next year.

mid table or slightly higher is a realistic and good first season back in the championship.  Of course though, it''s all guess work.  No one will know until play starts and the fixtures slowly take their course.

[quote user="Carra_Rud"][quote user="I am a Banana"]you do post some **** (i know i do too.)[/quote]

I dont come on here very often, but I come on here enough to know that if anyone is more deserving of the pot, kettle and black phrase, its you, Banana!

Love your positive vibes First Wizard.
[/quote]

Agreed CR

I''ll be happy if we avoid a season of uncertainty by being involved in a relegation scrap.

It''s important to build on last year''s success by keeping the positive vibes and maintaining the momentum. Top half will be fine for this year, then we can build again in the summer next year.

Slow but continual progress is what is required, but we do need to be promoted soon in order to address the debts. The club will struggle to survive financially in the Championship long term with a growing debt burden to service, so we need to find at least a couple of seasons in the Premier League soon or develop a hand-full of talented players we can sell for a few million pounds each.

The thing is - if we develop and sell our best players we''ll be more likely to end up staying in the Championship rather than getting promoted, so it''s much better to keep them and try to get promoted by developing the team and trying to keep winning matches - the money available to the club by being in the Premier League is the only permanent solution to our debt problem unless someone comes in with a load of money and pays it off for us.

So we need to have a sense of urgency about needing to be promoted, but not necessarily as important for this year as it was for last year. But next year and the year after we do really need to be challenging for promotion.

If we hadn''t won promotion last year can you imagine what our close season transfer activity would have been like? Would we have got the quality players in that we seem to have acquired? (judging only from the Newcastle match admittedly).

Without last year''s success maybe we would have lost some of the squad we wanted to keep, instead we have kept those we wanted to keep and been able to strengthen further. Let''s keep on that path by safely avoiding a relegation fight this year, and see where we are in January. If we''re in a good position then maybe the club will take a view to invest further and push on - much as what happened the last time we got promoted from this league.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Thats how confident I am this year, promotion to the Premier and not via the playoffs.

My bones and balls (crystal!) foretold promotion last season, and they''ll be proved right again.

No relience one anyone else''s rumours and tip offs, just me, the old wiz is back.

Hexes and virgins to follow if required.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/read2.gif[/img]

[/quote]

You lying old toad! You may have ''predicted'' promotion mid-way, or at some part during the season. I for one, distinctly remember you predicting relegation to League 2 last closed season; I think it may well have been after we''d signed Holt as well (which you''d also predicted we would''nt sign.) I really can''t be bothered to trawl up your old posts to show it..

Anywhere in the top 6 would be fantastic - top 2 may well be beyond us but who knows...

[quote user="Dave Backham"]I''ll be happy if we avoid a season of uncertainty by being involved in a relegation scrap.

It''s important to build on last year''s success by keeping the positive vibes and maintaining the momentum. Top half will be fine for this year, then we can build again in the summer next year.

Slow but continual progress is what is required, but we do need to be promoted soon in order to address the debts. The club will struggle to survive financially in the Championship long term with a growing debt burden to service, so we need to find at least a couple of seasons in the Premier League soon or develop a hand-full of talented players we can sell for a few million pounds each.

The thing is - if we develop and sell our best players we''ll be more likely to end up staying in the Championship rather than getting promoted, so it''s much better to keep them and try to get promoted by developing the team and trying to keep winning matches - the money available to the club by being in the Premier League is the only permanent solution to our debt problem unless someone comes in with a load of money and pays it off for us.

So we need to have a sense of urgency about needing to be promoted, but not necessarily as important for this year as it was for last year. But next year and the year after we do really need to be challenging for promotion.

If we hadn''t won promotion last year can you imagine what our close season transfer activity would have been like? Would we have got the quality players in that we seem to have acquired? (judging only from the Newcastle match admittedly).

Without last year''s success maybe we would have lost some of the squad we wanted to keep, instead we have kept those we wanted to keep and been able to strengthen further. Let''s keep on that path by safely avoiding a relegation fight this year, and see where we are in January. If we''re in a good position then maybe the club will take a view to invest further and push on - much as what happened the last time we got promoted from this league.[/quote]Great post Dave. You should post more often.

[quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

You lying old toad! You may have ''predicted'' promotion mid-way, or at some part during the season. I for one, distinctly remember you predicting relegation to League 2 last closed season; I think it may well have been after we''d signed Holt as well (which you''d also predicted we would''nt sign.) I really can''t be bothered to trawl up your old posts to show it..

Anywhere in the top 6 would be fantastic - top 2 may well be beyond us but who knows...

[/quote]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1666802/ShowPost.aspxSlight get-out clause accompanies it though...

Words of hope and optimism Wiz, and would dearly love that prediction to be bang on the nail...yes, the Premiership is s self obsessed, greedy, bloated, excessive and narcississtic place, but hell, I want us to have another crack in there..

But tend to go with David Backham''s excellent post and thoughts.

I think our season start will be slow and frustrating as players and tactics knit together. We may well win a week tonight, though my money is on a 0-0, but, come October, I can see a mix of good and bad performances and results that see''s us 12th-14th as the side slowly gels, with results and performances picking up as we go. We have to be prepared to be patient if things don''t take off straight away this season, hell yes-we have a good Manager and coaching team, we have some good players, we have got some good players in this Summer, and yes, it might all click into place from the start.

But I too see it as a chance to bed down, get a squad together and keep the continuity of the same players, same methods over a year, finish top 10-12, and, for once, have a decent cup run (quarter finals somewhere, please) into the bargain.

And then go into 2011/12 with optimism based on what we saw being built at the same level the previous season.

[quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]1. If Gunn had remainded boss, relegation to L2 would have happened, and my prophecy was in October after our defeat at  Leeds.

2. My effort to get Holt signed was a ''reverse prophecy'' (by saying it won''t happpen, it does) and it was a total success, I made it perfectly clear at the time, I still use this now, ie Jackson!

3. You''re just bitter...............but I forgive you.

I know it was just one game but we looked really good against Newcastle we are much stronger than last season and I am confident we will give most teams a scare. We are a bit light weight in midfield is my only concern

[quote user="Norwich R Us"][quote user="Carra_Rud"]Love your positive vibes First Wizard.[/quote]

Yes but he''ll also be the first to turn into an a***hole when it doesn''t materialise.
[/quote]I loved this post.

The thought of this poster who has been waiting week after week, month after month, for this to happen just keeps me going through the day. 

Hell might freeze over quicker fella.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/crazy.gif[/img]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]1. If Gunn had remainded boss, relegation to L2 would have happened, and my prophecy was in October after our defeat at  Leeds.

2. My effort to get Holt signed was a ''reverse prophecy'' (by saying it won''t happpen, it does) and it was a total success, I made it perfectly clear at the time, I still use this now, ie Jackson!

3. You''re just bitter...............but I forgive you.

[/quote]

Gunn was never the right appointment but I genuinely do NOT believe that we would have been relegated with him in charge. With or without him; Wycome, Stockport and the Gills would have finished below us... Irrelevant now anyway.

Your reverse psychology is a genious way of being able to claim you are right on everything, which we all know you aren''t! 

I am not bitter but I am extremely grateful for your forgiveness.. Now, back to your balls and virgins!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1666802/ShowPost.aspx

Slight get-out clause accompanies it though...
[/quote]As any self respecting prophet should do Trent. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/ok-wink.gif[/IMG]