Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

MacNamee

what was he ever brought for?

last season he was on the sub bench most of the time, and this season he looks like he will be doing the same [:^)]

I also dont think he has much quality as his crosses swing into the keepers arms and he doesn''t attack players often he will get the ball, do a few tricks and then stop [:^)]

Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

what was he ever brought for?

last season he was on the sub bench most of the time, and this season he looks like he will be doing the same [:^)]

I also dont think he has much quality as his crosses swing into the keepers arms and he doesn''t attack players often he will get the ball, do a few tricks and then stop [:^)]

[/quote]Stop talking crap. I swear you do it deliberately.McNamee delivers some real quality balls into the box and has the ability to take his man on. he also has a nice touch and can pick a pass.He was obviously bought to provide width if and when Lambert wants or needs to change the system. I believe he can have a role to play this season for sure, just a pity he''s not right footed.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?[/quote]

no, oh well the pinkun is fine.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?[/quote]Do you know how particularly sad it is criticising someone for time spent on an internet message board, by posting about it on an internet message board?

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?[/quote]15 a day really doesn''t sound that much. [:S]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Dr. Ink"]Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?[/quote]15 a day really doesn''t sound that much. [:S]
[/quote]

thats about 1 an hour ish...

Ah right, just because banana has posted this its immediately crap?Seriously can any of you see Macnamee playing a full game more than 10 times this season? His odd flashes of brilliance have been outweighed by going missing for long periods in games, and I can''t see him holding down a starting place, unless he seriously ups his game.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?[/quote]

Do you know how particularly sad it is criticising someone for time spent on an internet message board, by posting about it on an internet message board?
[/quote]

It''s also very sad being the self-appointed message board policeman!

[quote user="morty"]Ah right, just because banana has posted this its immediately crap?Seriously can any of you see Macnamee playing a full game more than 10 times this season? His odd flashes of brilliance have been outweighed by going missing for long periods in games, and I can''t see him holding down a starting place, unless he seriously ups his game.[/quote]Agree Morty. I can''t see him starting one game this season. Wouldn''t mind using him as an impact player maybe, but wouldn''t start him.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?[/quote]Do you know how particularly sad it is criticising someone for time spent on an internet message board, by posting about it on an internet message board?[/quote]

It''s also very sad being the self-appointed message board policeman!

[/quote]I''m not the one telling people off, am I?Think about it.[:)]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"]Ah right, just because banana has posted this its immediately crap?

Seriously can any of you see Macnamee playing a full game more than 10 times this season? His odd flashes of brilliance have been outweighed by going missing for long periods in games, and I can''t see him holding down a starting place, unless he seriously ups his game.
[/quote]Agree Morty. I can''t see him starting one game this season. Wouldn''t mind using him as an impact player maybe, but wouldn''t start him.
[/quote]

people respect morty and his posts are read and people dont abuse him for that, mine on the other hand...[;)]

but macnamee played very few good games and will only play very few good games. IMO lambert wasted money on him, but he has brought in some quality to make up [;)]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"]Ah right, just because banana has posted this its immediately crap?Seriously can any of you see Macnamee playing a full game more than 10 times this season? His odd flashes of brilliance have been outweighed by going missing for long periods in games, and I can''t see him holding down a starting place, unless he seriously ups his game.[/quote]Agree Morty. I can''t see him starting one game this season. Wouldn''t mind using him as an impact player maybe, but wouldn''t start him. [/quote]

people respect morty and his posts are read and people dont abuse him for that, mine on the other hand...[;)]

but macnamee played very few good games and will only play very few good games. IMO lambert wasted money on him, but he has brought in some quality to make up [;)]

[/quote]I get plenty of abuse, don''t you worry lol.You are suffering from "Cry wolf" syndrome. You post so much crap that when you throw in the odd serious point, it is immediately dismissed.

I imagine Macnamee was quite cheap, maybe not so much this season in the championship, but I was happy to have him on the bench last season in league 1, a vast improvement on Mcveigh imo

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]I imagine Macnamee was quite cheap, maybe not so much this season in the championship, but I was happy to have him on the bench last season in league 1, a vast improvement on Mcveigh imo[/quote]

agreed!

Back to the original post if I may for a second?

What I believe has hampered McNamee in this pre season is that when used has been played in the Hoolahan ''hole'' role as Lambert has pretty much stuck to the diamond throughout most of these games.

This is a total waste where McNamee is concerned as IMO he should either be on the wing or not at all. His game is about crosses, which is impossible when playing just behind the strikers.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"]Ah right, just because banana has posted this its immediately crap?

Seriously can any of you see Macnamee playing a full game more than 10 times this season? His odd flashes of brilliance have been outweighed by going missing for long periods in games, and I can''t see him holding down a starting place, unless he seriously ups his game.
[/quote]Agree Morty. I can''t see him starting one game this season. Wouldn''t mind using him as an impact player maybe, but wouldn''t start him.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I get plenty of abuse, don''t you worry lol.

You are suffering from "Cry wolf" syndrome. You post so much crap that when you throw in the odd serious point, it is immediately dismissed.
[/quote]

harsh [:(]

Lol.

Now then girls - MacNamee is a valued member of the squad and will make vital contributions during the season.

Some posters seem to have forgotten how tough this league is. The teams that are flexible and can adapt are usually successful

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Now then girls - MacNamee is a valued member of the squad and will make vital contributions during the season. Some posters seem to have forgotten how tough this league is. The teams that are flexible and can adapt are usually successful[/quote]

but for a player that didn''t impress in league 1, what is he going to do in the championship. Anyway I would rather have korey smith there than anthony!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?[/quote]

Do you know how particularly sad it is criticising someone for time spent on an internet message board, by posting about it on an internet message board?
[/quote]

Mate, no hard feelings but is that just because you have been accused of similar ''output''. I mean, serial posters, with not much to say really do have to stick together...

LOL

He played out on the wing at Lincoln (right in front of us) and struggled to get past the left back on a number of occasions. Sometimes the left back got his foot on the ball, the other times MacNamee tackled himself trying to step over the ball.

I don''t remember any outstanding crosses into the box - usually just passed it behind him at the critical moment.

Of course, it could have been an off day, but he didn''t look all that great, and I don''t seem to remember him doing a lot of running off the ball to try to make space.

He switched to the left at one point, but nothing stands out as being particularly stunning.

Ben

[quote user="HillsboroughCanary"]

He played out on the wing at Lincoln (right in front of us) and struggled to get past the left back on a number of occasions. Sometimes the left back got his foot on the ball, the other times MacNamee tackled himself trying to step over the ball.

I don''t remember any outstanding crosses into the box - usually just passed it behind him at the critical moment.

Of course, it could have been an off day, but he didn''t look all that great, and I don''t seem to remember him doing a lot of running off the ball to try to make space.

He switched to the left at one point, but nothing stands out as being particularly stunning.

Ben

[/quote]

you agree with me [y]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Now then girls - MacNamee is a valued member of the squad and will make vital contributions during the season. Some posters seem to have forgotten how tough this league is. The teams that are flexible and can adapt are usually successful[/quote]

Or the number of times he put crosses in for goals.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="HillsboroughCanary"]

Ben

[/quote]

you agree with me [y]

[/quote]

Not necessarily - he didn''t do great last night, but I saw him do better last season so who knows. 1 friendly game where everyone was doing everything they could not to put the ball into the box does not necessarily give basis to form such a strong opinion. But, if it was anything to go by, then he just adds variety. and not much else.

Ben

He is an out and out winger, not someone to play in the hole.  I doubt he will start many more than 10-15 games, depends how well the diamond goes for first 5-10 games. If we revert to 4-4-2 then expect to see him get a few more games. I seem to remember Lambert or Mcnally saying when they first opened negotiations with Swindon that they were a million miles apart and one of them said that not even Real Madrid could sign him (thats obviously a sarky comment by one of them), so i would expect we eventually paid around 300-400k, not cheap in league 1.

As for Nana''s post, look at his contributions to this thread, 1 or 2 word answers, anyone can type 1 word answerw all day.  You may notice when he comes on he usually adds to a lot of threads, again 95% pointless, but you can normally see 5 or 6 threads all together where the last comment was by Nana.  Oh and one other thing he struggles to get all his points into one post.  Anyways who are we to tell people what they can and cant and how much tripe they can talk?

Personally I havent been impressed with MacNamee since he arrived - headless chicken with the occasional bit of brilliance in league 1 doesnt fill me with confidence

However he''ll have had a full preseason with us and playing at a higher level might make MacNamee raise his game. 

[quote user="Bury Yellow"].... and now a look at the weather[/quote]

A quiet summer''s day lies ahead with the country under a ridge of high pressure that is extending up from the Azores. Winds will still be coming down from a north-westerly direction so it won''t be particularly warm, but it will be pleasant enough in the sunshine.

This morning starts off quite fresh in many areas but dry and bright with plenty of sunny spells around. There are some areas of cloud drifting around however, mainly towards the north and west and they are bringing the odd light showers for one or two places. Cloud will tend to build up in many areas as the day progresses, but there will still be some sunny spells at times in most regions. The thickest of the cloud will produce the odd shower, mainly in the east, but these will be far and few between on the whole. Temperatures will be around normal for much of the country, warmest towards the southeast.

Tonight stays dry with clear spells for most, but cloud and rain will begin to move into Ireland and western Scotland as the next Atlantic weather system approaches. This rain will then slowly spread further east during Friday, although the far east and southeast will stay mainly fine for much of the day. For the weekend the last of any rain will clear the southeast on Saturday and then a mixture of sunny spells and showers is expected to dominate, with most of the showers probably across northern Britain.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"].... and now a look at the weather[/quote]

A quiet summer''s day lies ahead with the country under a ridge of high pressure that is extending up from the Azores. Winds will still be coming down from a north-westerly direction so it won''t be particularly warm, but it will be pleasant enough in the sunshine.

This morning starts off quite fresh in many areas but dry and bright with plenty of sunny spells around. There are some areas of cloud drifting around however, mainly towards the north and west and they are bringing the odd light showers for one or two places. Cloud will tend to build up in many areas as the day progresses, but there will still be some sunny spells at times in most regions. The thickest of the cloud will produce the odd shower, mainly in the east, but these will be far and few between on the whole. Temperatures will be around normal for much of the country, warmest towards the southeast.

Tonight stays dry with clear spells for most, but cloud and rain will begin to move into Ireland and western Scotland as the next Atlantic weather system approaches. This rain will then slowly spread further east during Friday, although the far east and southeast will stay mainly fine for much of the day. For the weekend the last of any rain will clear the southeast on Saturday and then a mixture of sunny spells and showers is expected to dominate, with most of the showers probably across northern Britain.

[/quote]

Ideal fruit growing weather, hey??