Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

25% increase in refreshment prices

I wouldn''t mind the hike in prices so much if the quality matched it but it doesn''t.  One pays a steep price for a pint and gets a poor excuse for urine.  Key is to arrive 10mins before kick-off having enjoyed a decent pint elsewhere.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Herman "]How much for the plastic pis... beer?[/quote]Indeed, surely they can''t justify an increase in the warm fizzy dishwater they pass off as Beer?[/quote]

It is poor isn''t it.The trouble is i like getting to the ground with plenty of time and relaxing with a beer.But the others are right,instead of me complaining,i should just go to another pub and get to the ground a bit later.And if a few of us did it......

[/quote]Thats exactly what I do, if I plan on a beer before the game I go to the Nelson and get a decent pint.[/quote]

Funny, I never see you there Morty,

[/quote]I don''t go for a beer before every game, also you have no idea what I look like lol!

Told my Dad about this a short qhile ago, and his response was along the lines of,Thank **** for Morrisons LOL [;)]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]If sales of food and drink decline then the club will put the prices up even more or cut standards to compensate.,, and then the trend of decline continues. Delia is probably the best person to direct these concerns too.I think McNasty is taking the club backwards and undoing all the good work Andrew Cullen did.[/quote]Andrew Cullen was head of Marketing, I don''t think he set the prices of refreshments. David McNally is chief exec and again, I''d be disappointed if he was fiddling around with the cost of refreshments.We''ve sold 20,500 season tickets which suggests not many share your concerns.  I''m also fairly convinced you''re a wind-up merchant.

If you think the prices are high at Carra Rud, try going to the cinema. Prices of grub there cost more than the film[:@]

[quote user="WOTB"]If you think the prices are high at Carra Rud, try going to the cinema. Prices of grub there cost more than the film[:@][/quote]Which is why the smart people go buy their sweeties in Morrissons before they go there.[:)]

The reason why the pictures get away with high prices is down to one reason.  Boyfriends don''t want to look tight in front of their new girlfriends if they don''t spend about £5 on a bucket of old damp popcorn.  That''s a ****ing FACT[:D]

[quote user="WOTB"]If you think the prices are high at Carra Rud, try going to the cinema. Prices of grub there cost more than the film[:@][/quote]That is because cinemas actually make very little money from the ticket sales for a film. The movie studios can take as much as 90% of the ticket revenue.

That is because cinemas actually make very little money from the

ticket sales for a film. The movie studios can take as much as 90% of

the ticket revenue.

That make it alright then, £6 for a bag of popcorn, bargain!!!!!!!!!1[:(]

I understand the need for a drink at a match & I agree £2 is a bit much for a coffee. But what''s with all the food people need to eat at a game? Not criticising, but in our house we generally have lunch before the game, at home and then dinner when we go home afterwards. Did I miss a new mealtime at 3pm/ 3.45??

[quote user="Iwanlegend"]I understand the need for a drink at a match & I agree £2 is a bit much for a coffee. But what''s with all the food people need to eat at a game? Not criticising, but in our house we generally have lunch before the game, at home and then dinner when we go home afterwards. Did I miss a new mealtime at 3pm/ 3.45??[/quote]Match day pie time[;)]

Anyone know how much one of Delia`s pies cost? I usually have one before the game to soak up some of the pre-match drinkies

[quote user="WOTB"]Anyone know how much one of Delia`s pies cost? I usually have one before the game to soak up some of the pre-match drinkies[/quote]I don''t know the price, but they are one of the few things that actually represent good value for money, as they are very good.

football and pies go together, it`s like a bacon sarnie with sauce can`t really have one without the other. Like these bastards who can`t sit through a film without a wheely bin full of popcorn and a gallon of Coke to wash it down

What is a sarnie? What sort of sauce?

As for lowering the quality vs jacking up prices to increase profits, they will always jack up the price. The food cost is so minimal to begin with, lowering the quality would not make them much more money.

It would be so much better for the team and the consumers to have high quality food. It would not cost much more to produce, but it would generate so much more in trade. Sports teams in N America figured this out years ago.

Then there''s the ''Fried Egg Banjo''  numerous stories on the origin.  But imo the best is,  when you bite it, the egg yokes bursts down your shirt.  Causing you to wipe it with a tissue as if playing a banjo.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]Then there''s the ''Fried Egg Banjo''  numerous stories on the origin.  But imo the best is,  when you bite it, the egg yokes bursts down your shirt.  Causing you to wipe it with a tissue as if playing a banjo.[/quote]I thought it was because Jamie Cureton likes fried eggs.

HC Said: "Sports teams in N America figured this out years ago."

Is that why the NY Islanders have commissioned their very own cup cakes to be sold at their games? :D

Does that also explain why a "foot long" is actually only 10 inches?

Davo

Don''t know about Islander cupcakes, but I do know food served at sporting events is generally high quality and very pricey. Even so, there is always a line at the concession stands.

Who says foot long hot dogs are not a foot long? Is your back yard more than 3 feet wide?

Well in Tampa at the baseball, NY at the American Football and in Philly when I went to see the Flyers they were only 10 inches and had a disclaimer on the side.

I wasn''t taking the pee pee I just thought the cup cakes were amusing and the hotdogs were ok but disappointing.

I do agree that the food is normally pretty good and there''s generally much more variety and expensive. The Wachovia Centre is the only of the three venues I''ve been to more than once and when I go to the game I normally eat before hand, mmmmm I could munch on a Philly cheesesteak right now :D

Davo

The pies are very good. The food at Yellows is good too. I don''t know about the rest of it as it''s not really my thing.

Davo

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Iwanlegend"]I understand the need for a drink at a match & I agree £2 is a bit much for a coffee. But what''s with all the food people need to eat at a game? Not criticising, but in our house we generally have lunch before the game, at home and then dinner when we go home afterwards. Did I miss a new mealtime at 3pm/ 3.45??[/quote]

Match day pie time[;)]
[/quote]

Yes please.  Lovely old job.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]If sales of food and drink decline then the club will put the prices up even more or cut standards to compensate.,, and then the trend of decline continues. Delia is probably the best person to direct these concerns too.

I think McNasty is taking the club backwards and undoing all the good work Andrew Cullen did.
[/quote]

What, you mean all the good work which ended with relegation and a £5m loss in `08-`09 despite selling out virtually every match?  You could always cheer yourself up by thinking about the trifling issue that we`ve just been promoted, held on to all our best players and spent good money on exciting young talent to bolster an already strong squad? 

[/quote]

Are you really stupid enough to think that Andrew Cullen had anything whatsoever to do with the team, selecting managers, or spending too much on players wages?
[/quote]

Are you really stupid enough not to see the connection between the "charitable" pricing structure at the club and the huge losses and reliance on flogging off our best players, leading to poor performance on the pitch?  Huge price rises a la QPR would rightly see the fans up in arms but we are not talking anything remotely like that- we are merely moving from cheap to average.  So the whingers have two choices if they really feel that strongly:

Campaign for the club to sell its best players to keep prices low,or, engage your brains and eat/drink enough before you leave the house so you won`t be forced to pay the "exhorbitant" prices our nasty, ambitious football club is forcing on you. 

All this kufuffle about the extortionate food and drink prices in the ground!!!!

Since when have the food and drink prices in professional football grounds not been extortionate??

I''m more concerned that Mcnally will get greedy and end up driving fans away with over priced admission charges!

"between the "charitable" pricing structure at the club and the huge losses and reliance on flogging off our best players"God you don''t have talk some drivel.Are you really suggesting that the club is subsisidising the catering at the expense of the day to day running of the club !That players leave because the are flogged off rather than having contractual clauses which allow them to move, as and when, another wage is offered.By your own illogical ranting those who stop purchasing goods at Carrow Road would cause a drop in income therefore leading to more "reliance on flogging off our best players" or so your crackpot theories would suggest. Stop buying pies and pints and Hoolahan will have to be sold.Maybe you could point out to the rest of us how many of these ''best players'' have been recently flogged off to keep the club afloat.Point out, in the last few years accounts, where such irrational ramblings have any basis in fact.They don''t. This is just another convenient peg for you to hang your anti-NCFC, anti- NCFC fans tirades upon.Why you don''t see to like either is best known by you - and suspected by the rest of us.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

All this kufuffle about the extortionate food and drink prices in the ground!!!!

Since when have the food and drink prices in professional football grounds not been extortionate??

I''m more concerned that Mcnally will get greedy and end up driving fans away with over priced admission charges!

[/quote]

I recall at Victoria Park, that Hartlepool''s food and drink was VFM.....and quite good quality. If them Monkey Hangers charged more for their refreshments and increased the cost of tickets - coupled with their huge attendances, they would be in the Premiership....

I wonder if they have an SCG or an HISA?.....Probably not......  

[quote user="City1st"]"between the "charitable" pricing structure at the club and the huge losses and reliance on flogging off our best players"

God you don''t have talk some drivel.

Are you really suggesting that the club is subsisidising the catering at the expense of the day to day running of the club !

That players leave because the are flogged off rather than having contractual clauses which allow them to move, as and when, another wage is offered.

By your own illogical ranting those who stop purchasing goods at Carrow Road would cause a drop in income therefore leading to more "reliance on flogging off our best players" or so your crackpot theories would suggest. Stop buying pies and pints and Hoolahan will have to be sold.

Maybe you could point out to the rest of us how many of these ''best players'' have been recently flogged off to keep the club afloat.

Point out, in the last few years accounts, where such irrational ramblings have any basis in fact.

They don''t.

This is just another convenient peg for you to hang your anti-NCFC, anti- NCFC fans tirades upon.

Why you don''t see to like either is best known by you - and suspected by the rest of us.

[/quote]

Oh, so it`s anti-club to point out that we are now net buyers of players rather than net sellers- as we were every year between relegation from the Prem to relegation to the old third div.- and that maybe the supporters should accept paying a few quid more for tickets/refreshments etc. to support that?  But presumably it`s pro-club to whinge about it?!  You are completely insane, but it is very funny to be accused of an illogical rant in the middle of one! [:D]

And how predictable, another binner insinuation (better look the long word up.....).  So are you going to meet me after the Watford game to repeat these accusations to my face mr keyboard warrior?