Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NAME THAT NORWICH CITY TEAM v Everton (h) 1972

Norwich City play Everton on Saturday - the first time we played in the top flight in 1972 - can you name the Norwich City side that played that day?http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/fun/name-that-teamGame: Norwich City''s 1-1 draw with EvertonCompetition: Football League Division One

Date:
Saturday, 12 August, 1972

Attendance:

how do you enter the names i know full well bone was up front but still dont get my badge when i enter his name.also the second game of that season was away to the scum and we beat them down at portaloo rd 2or3-1

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]how do you enter the names i know full well bone was up front but still dont get my badge when i enter his name.also the second game of that season was away to the scum and we beat them down at portaloo rd 2or3-1[/quote]

are they in the correct space. The amount of ''*'' is the amount of letters in the players name.

I was there, standing in the Barclay, wrapped up in my hand knitted city scarf{August use to be colder in them days}..Sadly cannot remember much about the team or game...Spent most of the afternoon dodging broken pieces of housebricks that those jolly scousers had brought with ..Happy days....

Hurrah, got it in one. was at the game though can''t remember muchDid get the WINNER thing come up thoughAs to the binner game I did go to that. It was a Tuesday afternoon and I caught a coach from Castle Meadow (evening match), good old mascot coaches. Really sunny afternoon on the way down. We won 2-1 with goals from Paddon and Bone.We scored early, they equalised before halftime. Big crowd as well.

[quote user="twinkle toes silvester"]I was there, standing in the Barclay, wrapped up in my hand knitted city scarf{August use to be colder in them days}..Sadly cannot remember much about the team or game...Spent most of the afternoon dodging broken pieces of housebricks that those jolly scousers had brought with them..Happy days..[/quote]

[quote user="twinkle toes silvester"]I was there, standing in the Barclay, wrapped up in my hand knitted city scarf{August use to be colder in them days}..Sadly cannot remember much about the team or game...Spent most of the afternoon dodging broken pieces of housebricks that those jolly scousers had brought with ..Happy days....[/quote]Well, both goals were at your end. Bone powering through the centre of the Everton defence (very Bone-like) and smashing the ball home. Then,a deep rightwing cross that Joe Royle perhaps shouldn''t have been able to get his head to so easily, to deflate the atmosphere.