Sign in to follow this  
Shannock Bob

Norwich Vs Ipswich in November..HELP PLEASE!!

My girlfriend has been begging me to take her to New York for a while... not that I needed much persuasion having visited 4 times previously and absolutely loving the place.

Anyhow to cut a long story short, I realised the other day that the day we travel back is the day of the Derby. I couldnt believe it and wondered if my life would be worth living if I changed our flights. It would not.

Therefore this post is a cry for help from the New York Canaries. Please can you tell me if the game is due to be shown out there as I am sure it is being televised on the BBC over here. Also if you are getting together to watch I would love to join you! I promise my girlfriend will keep quiet...

Would love to hear back from any of you with details.

Shannock Bob

If the game is available on US TV then we will be watching it at George Keeley''s (83rd and Amsterdam).  When games are on Sky, it is usually on Fox Soccer Plus here in the US.  I am unsure which channel it will be on as BBC has the rights.  BBC America does not show Football over here.  In the past we have rigged something shown online to display on one of the large TV''s in the bar.  While I hope we don''t have to do that again, we may be forced to if no US Channel is covering.  Send us an e-mail at info@nycanaries.com a couple of weeks before the match and we will let you know.  We have to wait until the listings are out over here to firm up plans for a New York Canaries gathering. 

[quote user="Shannock Bob"]

My girlfriend has been begging me to take her to New York for a while... not that I needed much persuasion having visited 4 times previously and absolutely loving the place.

Anyhow to cut a long story short, I realised the other day that the day we travel back is the day of the Derby. I couldnt believe it and wondered if my life would be worth living if I changed our flights. It would not.

Therefore this post is a cry for help from the New York Canaries. Please can you tell me if the game is due to be shown out there as I am sure it is being televised on the BBC over here. Also if you are getting together to watch I would love to join you! I promise my girlfriend will keep quiet...

Would love to hear back from any of you with details.

Shannock Bob

[/quote]I tried changing flights to Vegas over christmas.If your planning on doing it do it asap,they will charge you more for the change the nearer it gets.Was so much for me to change I ended up with 3 days in Vegas on my own,which I put up with :D