Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

Changes for Saturday

I think unless greenos injured I would the following changes.

Docherty for Drury (Our worst defender this season)

Bentley for Jonson

Mcveigh for Mckenzie

Mulryne for holt

I feel after letting in 4 you cannot possibly keep the same defence and we need height up against Beattie and Crouch. I also feel Bentley was a lot better then Jonson inm there respective 45 mins on saturday and also feel that after his early proimise Leon as much as I love the guy has shown he is not up to the prem (yet anyway but it will come Leon) and Mcveigh has proved before give him a run of games up front and he is a natural goal scorer. Finally Mullers showed on saturday that as well as his passing ability he can also get stuck in.  Team as follows

Green

Edworthy         Fleming                    Docherty             Charlton

Bentley            Francis                   Mulryne           

Huckerby

Svenson              Mcveigh   

Subs: Ward Helveg (as much as I love the idea of having him in my team you just can''t drop edy at present) Drury Jonson Mckenzie                

Drury has made the highest number of blocks of any premiership defender this season, he made a good start but has been slightly off the boil recently I admit. 

McKenzie should stay in the team but he needs detention after training to learn the offside rule.

Jonson for Mcveigh, not Bentley. 

If Mullers will get stuck in, then yes I agree, we do need someone to thread those killer passes through.

We''ll be celebrating Saturday, It''s our day.  OTBC

I would have bentley in. Yes, he''s up his own arse and a showboater, but when he came on against Charlton he had showed a lot of geniune, if a touch naive creativity and this is exactly what city need. Jonson on the other hand looked dreadful and someone else needs a run out in his position.:

I have posted somewhere else -funny that Drury went off the boil and kept getting caught out EXACTLY when Huckerby was moved to left midfield!

Drury was consistently voted our best defender on sat by the non biased national media (also in the EEN but I dont trust their selections) & bananaman is dead right that Drury is over exposed by Hux natural attacking tendencies as much as Eddie is covered by Jonson.

Drury has done enough to keep his place and moving Charlton to left back is an unnecessary change when others are needed first.

Hux up front

Bentley and Jonson out wide]

Helveg & Shackell in defence

That is our recipe for success

OTBC

There needs to be changes for Saturday.

Out: Drury In: Docherty
Out: Jonson In: Bentley
Out: McKenzie In: McVeigh
Out: Holt In: Mulryne

I actually think Huckerby needs to be pushed up front too.

A radical change might be to push Fleming to right back, put Docherty and Shackell in as centre halves, and put Charlton out on the left.

That said, there will be NO changes Saturday. Same 11 that performed so poorly against Charlton.

Worthy go and prove me wrong!!!!

i tend to agree morph, i don''t think any changes will be made and the team will be:

greeno

eddie flem charlton drury

jonson holt francis huckerby

mckenzie svennson

i would like to see helveg given a go to replace eddie (not that eddie is any worse than anyone else in the back four, but four goals conceded demands a rethink) he can''t be that bad if he was in the euro championships, also mulryne for holt (and safri on the bench for once) upfront i don''t think we have too many options, though if jonson is a genuine cf maybe i would then hope for bentley to replace him and he could go upfront

however, we all know (and as my text msgs always tell me at 2.50pm) it will be worthy''s tried and tested workrated workhorses!!

Huckerby up front

Shackell in defence

Hopefully Green will be fit. If not, is Gallacher available? I didn''t go alot on Ward on Saturday. He may be ok and it might have just been a bad day (ha ha!!)

ROBOCOP

RAMBO        INCREDIBLE HULK   HE-MAN    LEON SPINKS

Nope! Just can''t think of any more seasoned players who are solid enough to keep Crouchy, Beattie, Phillips and Co, out of our 18 yard box.  

Whatever Nigels selection is, I sincerely hope that there is a few alterations after Saturdays display. I hope we get at the Saints from the start. I remember  we were nearly comfortable winners on the last occasion in the top flight when playing the Saints here. 4 goals scored by them to snatch victory, and the last coming in injury time.....Devastated!   

Greeno

Helveg            Shackell           Charlton         Drury    

Safri   Francis     Bentley

Jonson              

Leon          Hucks  

Greeno

Helveg            Docherty           Fleming        Charlton         

Mulryne   Francis   Safri 

McVeigh

Leon                Hucks  

key man

point to prove

shown value to team so far

I wouldn''t get rid of Drury.  He''s by far and away the best left back we''ve got at this club and would be missed.  I would play Bentley and I don''t think it would hurt to see how the Doc changed the back 4

my team for saturday would be as follows;

GREEN

HELVEG        SHAKS      CHARLTON       DRURY

JONSON        FRANCIS    MULLERS        BENTLEY

MCVEIGH     HUCKS

SUBS  WARD, FLEM, BRENNEN, SVEN, NEON

I feel that we don''t need big men we played last season some very quick passing and moving games. i like nice and quick passes and we have to remember that mcveigh had his best sesaon for us up front, he has a good eye for the goal as showed against manure.

it''s a very attack minded team but I feel it''s important for us to be positive and play our game , not getting sucked into what the other team are playing let them worry about us, also its a very quick team and with jonson, hucks, mcveigh and peter kay they can all slot into each other positions

come on ya yellows got to win i have tried so many ''lucky pants and socks etc'' as well as every entrance in the barclay end.