Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

[quote user="Lunarcrash"]Does any other team get that many sales? It is quite impressive realy.
[/quote]

Not sure to be fair, I do know the binners can''t sell that many ST''s lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Lunarcrash"]Does any other team get that many sales? It is quite impressive realy.
[/quote]

[/quote]

they struggle to get that many to go to a derby match let alone in season tickets

[quote user="shiplee15"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote] they struggle to get that many to go to a derby match let alone in season tickets[/quote]

Er, they don''t actually. Old Farm attendances at Portman Road are usually 28,000+.

Take off the 2,200 or whatever for us and that still leaves 25,000+ of their own fans. Sure the season ticket sales down there lag well behind ours but they do crawl out from their bins on Old Farm day it has to be said.  

"I do know the binners can''t sell that many ST''s lol"Just under 13,000 at the last count (though naughty people might think that the words last count was a typing error describing the binner who purchased the final ticket).Those awesome sales should serve as a massive slap in the face to those on here a month or so ago who were bleating about the club investing in the infrastructure. My only downside to this is that we as a club are tied into so many deals that prop up failing clubs and so we can''t make Radio Norfolk available outside of the county, we cannot allow live interactive texting and we cannot offer live TV coverage when a game is sold out.Walking back to the car after being humiliated at Charlton on the last game of the previous season I would not have believed that we would be getting crowds of anything close to 20,000 the season after being relegated - and here we are 20,000 plus and sold out season ticketwise.Bloody well done to the lot of you !

[quote user="City1st"]"I do know the binners can''t sell that many ST''s lol"

Just under 13,000 at the last count (though naughty people might think that the words last count was a typing error describing the binner who purchased the final ticket).

Those awesome sales should serve as a massive slap in the face to those on here a month or so ago who were bleating about the club investing in the infrastructure.

My only downside to this is that we as a club are tied into so many deals that prop up failing clubs and so we can''t make Radio Norfolk available outside of the county, we cannot allow live interactive texting and we cannot offer live TV coverage when a game is sold out.

Walking back to the car after being humiliated at Charlton on the last game of the previous season I would not have believed that we would be getting crowds of anything close to 20,000 the season after being relegated - and here we are 20,000 plus and sold out season ticketwise.

Bloody well done to the lot of you !

[/quote]

The scum have spent far more than us on stadium infrastructure in recent years and it was the loans for that which sent them into administration.  The simple fact is we have always had a bigger support than them- and the stats prove it.  Still struggling to understand how a block of land and associated roads have swelled season-ticket numbers.....

Very, very funny though that some of their gates next season will be below our number of season-tickets- big club my ar*e.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]i think they struggle to sell that many tickets in a season!!!! lol

A fantastic effort by all and especially to those who have stayed loyal through these fallow years. I work on Saturdays so a season ticket is out of the question for me, as is much attendance unless Sunday or midweek, so I am very jealous of you lucky lot!!!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]A fantastic effort by all and especially to those who have stayed loyal through these fallow years. I work on Saturdays so a season ticket is out of the question for me, as is much attendance unless Sunday or midweek, so I am very jealous of you lucky lot!!![/quote]

Birmingham city have 11.000, Wigan on 12.300, think we have the right to feel good about ourselfs, don''t you

"The scum have spent far more than us on stadium infrastructure in recent

years and it was the loans for that which sent them into administration
"errr, not correct I''m afraidThe £25m loan only carried repayments of around £2.3m. It was the high wage bill that crippled them. It was around £24m when they were in Div 1 season 2002/3."pushed the relegated Ipswich Town into administration for similar

reasons when its reduced revenues were insufficient to pay the players’

wages
(Morrow, 2003, pp. 18-19).The loan was taken to build two new stands, something they had failed to do for a long while, that being the point of failing to invest in the infrastructure spread out over a longer period.

ha, the perils of the internet. My TLA was ill timed there I am afraid and doesn''t show where I thought it might. Still, I am only jealous of 20, 549 now.............

[quote user="City1st"]"The scum have spent far more than us on stadium infrastructure in recent years and it was the loans for that which sent them into administration"

errr, not correct I''m afraid

The £25m loan only carried repayments of around £2.3m. It was the high wage bill that crippled them. It was around £24m when they were in Div 1 season 2002/3.

"pushed the relegated Ipswich Town into administration for similar reasons when its reduced revenues were insufficient to pay the players’ wages (Morrow, 2003, pp. 18-19).

The loan was taken to build two new stands, something they had failed to do for a long while, that being the point of failing to invest in the infrastructure spread out over a longer period.

[/quote]

With loans for the Jarrold, infill, land, roads, new offices/refurbs etc. we were not far from going the same way last season when our CE described our finances as "dire"- and some of us had been warning about this for years.  I don`t think anyone has ever questioned the neccessity of the Jarrold, but all the other stuff is highly questionable when looking at the reasons why we found ourselves in that position which is why i took you up on your comment.

The position we found ourselves in was as much as a high wage bill adding to the debt on year - which was pretty much what sent the paupers into bankruptcyAs to the necessity of the other stuff I suggest you take a good look around you at the Watford game

[quote user="spencer 1970"]it makes me very proud to see us have sold so many season'' and hate the fact I live too far away/had to give mine up.[/quote]

Spencer you can always grab a lift with me as I head through the Blackwall tunnel!

[quote user="City1st"]The position we found ourselves in was as much as a high wage bill adding to the debt on year - which was pretty much what sent the paupers into bankruptcy

As to the necessity of the other stuff I suggest you take a good look around you at the Watford game

[/quote]

Don`t think i`ll be able to see the land,roads,offices etc.,etc. from inside the ground.....  But i did value their fantastic contribution as our old board and their "obsession" took us to our lowest point in decades and lost us £4m in one season.

Great news that we have reached the maximum Season Ticket number, shows the loyal support we have once again. Really looking forward to Watford next Friday now [:D]

"and their "obsession" took us to our lowest point in decades and lost us £4m in one season."More like your obssession with having a go at OUR club.The wage bill actually WENT UP the season we were relegated (and the loss was £5m not £4m).As to the roads and offices please tell us what ''roads'' you mean.As to what you''ll see from inside the ground is rows upons rows, upon rows of empty blue seats.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]and im one of them![/quote]

Of course, there are downsides to everything........ [;)]
[/quote]

[:O]

[quote user="City1st"]"and their "obsession" took us to our lowest point in decades and lost us £4m in one season."

More like your obssession with having a go at OUR club.

The wage bill actually WENT UP the season we were relegated (and the loss was £5m not £4m).

As to the roads and offices please tell us what ''roads'' you mean.

As to what you''ll see from inside the ground is rows upons rows, upon rows of empty blue seats.

[/quote]

Your roads question only highlights your complete ignorance as to what we`re discussing here.  If you look on other threads i`m having a bit of a pop at people whinging about paying a few quid extra here and there when our club has just invested quite heavily in that long-forgotten but rather important thing- the team.  Hardly the actions of a binner, but if you fancy meeting me after the Watford game to call me a binner to my face just let me know.  Or is it just your moronic keyboard warrior thing again?

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]

20500 real fans plus the fairweather "fans" should guarantee home sell outs every match.

REAL fans (season ticket holders), we salute you!

[/quote]

I thought the real fans were the ones who let the club keep the rebate last season... ;-)