Sign in to follow this  
Cj

Everton on Sat

Anyone got any new on the typpe of players they are going to field, quite looking forward to a DECENT premiership side back at carrow road, no offence to any Slight toon fans :)

Well up for it mate! [:D]First game yet for me, so I am very excited. Wasn''t going to pay the tenner, but thought ahh well, I really want to go so  thought I might aswell. [:)] Not expecting a win, but will be great to see all the new signings. Also might be ok to see a few of the Everton players, even though they are poo in comparison.

Sky Sports News said yesterday that Tim Howard was set to start in goal against Norwich with a strong Everton line up...

Fingers crossed they put a team out that will give us a true and honest work out! I''m not going but hope we play well and hope you all enjoy it!

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]Sky Sports News said yesterday that Tim Howard was set to start in goal against Norwich with a strong Everton line up...

Fingers crossed they put a team out that will give us a true and honest work out! I''m not going but hope we play well and hope you all enjoy it![/quote]I am hoping that the tempo and the passing will all be there from the Newc game, to reassure me that we truly do have a pattern worked out and a definite plan for how to break teams down when we don''t have our big bloke to knock the defence over available. I would snap your arm off for 2-2 (not in a pyscho killer way, in a ''i really would shake your hand to do the deal'' way) though if they really do put out a close to first team strength I can''t see anything other than a win for them.If they play a 50/50 strength team first and second half like ''castle, then we may well get a win or a draw, but then that will take a bit of the gloss off how great our performance was. If we lose to a near full strength European places-chasing Prem team, BUT still play the considerate structured passing game when we are in posession and manage to break them down a few times with a wezzer or surman ball picking the lock for simeon/superchris, then I think that would be every much as encouraging for the season and where we''re at preparation wise as beating 4 first teamers and some reserves.

Yehh really looking forard to it due to missing opening of the season due to going on bloody holiday, agree with other guy though, would like to see norwich playing good passing football against a good side like they did against the geordies last week .

this is the squad they are bringing according to there official website

Everton: Turner, Howard, Mucha, Hibbert, Neville, Coleman, Baines, Distin, Yobo, Mustafi, Rodwell, Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, Gueye, Vaughan, Saha, Yakubu, Beckford, Baxter, Silva.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/07/30/moyes-waits-on-world-cup-blues

at bottom of page

Cheers Tooze, just what i was looking for !, looking forward to seeing beckford taking abuse !

Will be a good game on a whole i should think. Beckford enjoys getting the abuse he gets aswell or so it seemed at the leeds home game last year.

I really look forward to it. [:)] We could well get battered, but I really want to see both sets of players!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]beckford scored 2 good goals vs PNE in their last game[/quote]

2nd was awesome, he fancies himself a bit too much though. dont be a nana, why would u not wanna get promoted mate, course you would!

It should be a very strong side that we field, we''ve got a big game against Everton Chile on Wednesday which means we may try not to use too many players in both games, but it will still be a strong side tomorrow nonetheless. I''d predict the team will look something like this:HowardColeman Yobo Distin BainesPienaar Arteta Rodwell GueyeCahillBeckford

I can confirm Cahill, Peinaar, Neville, Saha, Arteta, Howard and some other big players will definitely feature. My source: I saw the team bus pull into Sprowston Manor!

Setting up to be a good game then, mate saw them get off the plane at norwich airport and snatched a few top class autographs