Nice little story about him today, glad hes put the rumours about him leaving to bed! think he could well suprise a few people this season especialy as whitbread is struggling. His form was excellent before his injury last season. Imo he is our best centre half! congratulations on the new sprog!!!!

He was my POTS before he got injured in December.

Strong in the tackle, fantastic in the air. Distribution isn''t great but gets stuck in and where defenders need to be. I went to first away game last year vs Exeter and he was immense on league debut. Capable of a goal or two aswell.

He could get game time. Whitbread doesnt appear to be getting fit and still doubts as to how Nelson and Ward will play together.

[quote user="Pabs"]He was my POTS before he got injured in December. Strong in the tackle, fantastic in the air. Distribution isn''t great but gets stuck in and where defenders need to be. I went to first away game last year vs Exeter and he was immense on league debut. Capable of a goal or two aswell.[/quote]

Yes I liked what I saw too , I''m sure Lambert will give him a fair chance and will play the best two at centre back for each game based on what he''s seen.

If Whitbred can''t get fit then Ward and Askou have to start for me. I think Askou is actually probably our most under rated player. I really like the bloke.

CAn anyone explain to me what nelson has done wrong?

He''s dependable at the back, strong in the air and a good leader. YEt always seems to get overlooked.

My personal opinion is we should play nelson and ward at the back

Re - Nelson. Watched him in the Newcastle game and thought we were playing his twin brother. Last season his distribution was poor at best in some game - wonder how much his (foot?) injury impacted his game before he got it fixed. I have never been his biggest fan, but was actually impressed last week.

Bring on a few more Nelson overhead kick goals this season

[quote user="ting tong"]I think he is a solid centre back. Wouldnt be my first choice that would be ward and whitbread but as a sub he would be a good squad player[/quote]

Ward and Whitbread lool like 2 classy defenders but that partnership will not work. We need to add a bit of bite and aggresion that either Askou or Nelson bring. For me its either Ward or Whitbread with Askou or Nelson

I would start the season with Askou and Nelson. I know Askou probably isn''t match fit yet but Ward isn''t either by any means. There''s no way you can drop Nelson after his performances in the second half of last season and Askou is a very dependable guy. In the long term, I wouldn''t be surprised if our CB pairing became Ward and Askou as Whitbread hasn''t shown too much so far.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]CAn anyone explain to me what nelson has done wrong? He''s dependable at the back, strong in the air and a good leader. YEt always seems to get overlooked. My personal opinion is we should play nelson and ward at the back[/quote]

Not a lot. He did better in League 1 than Askou did (not saying that Askou did badly).

I''m pretty positive about the season ahead but if I was being honest I''d say I''ve got a bit of doubt as to whether either them will be good enough for the Championship. Nelson reads the game a bit better and reacts to situations quicker than Askou does so I''d fancy him to be more successful.