Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

An idea...

Why don''t Pink Un charge an monthly fee to use this message board? Something nominal like £2.99

The proceeds could go towards the club and it could be a deterrent to the spammers (we all know who I''m talking about) on this message board.

It would also stop people from having more than one login name!

Anyway just a thought...

Pretty sure someone would just create a similar message board "the yellow''un" or something which would be free and most would move to..

The best way to get rid of spammers is have a reporting system that works i reckon...leading them to be suspended for 24 hours or something..

As nobody would use the board, there''s to many other football forums to be able to charge for one and still expect a decent usage.

As much as im willing to give peas a chance, nobody would be willing to give that a chance. Except yourself?

But those who are poor or at school that contribute in a good way to this board would miss out!!

We should just ban the following;

Nana

Brendo (for 1 week)

Bumpkin

Wrath''s a joke

What does Brendo actually do wrong? he posts a lot, what is wrong with that? last year i posted quite a lot, but stopped posting as much.......but still look at the forums just as much....

[quote user="Dogger "]

But those who are poor or at school that contribute in a good way to this board would miss out!!

We should just ban the following;

Nana

Brendo (for 1 week)

Bumpkin

Wrath''s a joke

[/quote]Just a week. [:(]Thanks GP. [Y] I am used to the abuse, I love it. If people get their kicks out of tryinng to make other forumers laugh by taking the michael out of a kid on a message, then they really are the sad ones!

Not much to be fair....it is just a shame that you have to wade through the mountain of posts from these individuals to get to people who actually have something good to contribute...

[quote user="I am a Banana"]basically - lets get the banana off this message board.[/quote]Banana, do you get bothered by the abuse? I am just used to it now. It''s definately between us two the most hated one right? I bet every person was a saint when they were young, and we should all bow down to their superior authority.

How much would really go to the club though?..When i win the lottery,i will make a "gift" to the club,as i think that then cannot be further taxed..And state it is only redeemable against a player purchase,so it wont get swallowed up by banks,creditors etc..Thats if its possible

My auntie whose uncle fought in the war with the dad of Alistair Darling,says thats the best way..

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Why don''t Pink Un charge an monthly fee to use this message board? Something nominal like £2.99 The proceeds could go towards the club and it could be a deterrent to the spammers (we all know who I''m talking about) on this message board. It would also stop people from having more than one login name! Anyway just a thought...[/quote]

I think that they need to make making an account a little more time consuming, plus add in an extra feature in terms of age - which is not displayed on the message board directly.

I think if the member is 18 or under they have a certain clour icon under their avatar and once over that age it changes to another.

Without trying to be horrible, there are some kids that come on here and just spout for the sake of spouting and then they get the thick end of it from people that are bullies, or just don''t realise its a younger person they are talking to.

In addition I think they need to re-introduce moderators. This place has drastically gone down hill since the mods took a step back. Some of the longer running more trusted forum members could place bans / remove posts which then Pete etc can look through to permanently do so etc.

I don''t come on here so much anymore but there is quite a lot of abuse and doodoo stiring and to be honest I do miss the old days when people chose to talk more about football. I have been posting on the pinkun forums for over a decade now, in its previous version whilst at 6th form in 1998 until now. Its a good place to come to to talk about everything yellow and green and to do stuff with local football teams such as mine.

It just needs a little bit more ''guidance''.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="I am a Banana"]basically - lets get the banana off this message board.[/quote]Banana, do you get bothered by the abuse? I am just used to it now. It''s definately between us two the most hated one right? I bet every person was a saint when they were young, and we should all bow down to their superior authority.
[/quote]

The abuse, what abuse? [;)]

I like the abuse as some people get so angry it makes me laugh. After all its a message board.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="I am a Banana"]basically - lets get the banana off this message board.[/quote]Banana, do you get bothered by the abuse? I am just used to it now. It''s definately between us two the most hated one right? I bet every person was a saint when they were young, and we should all bow down to their superior authority.
[/quote]

Nope. Not everyone was a saint but then not everyone spouted so much rubbish and tried deliberately to wind people up so much.

I was certainly no saint but I also wasn''t foolish enough to try and stick out - that way you''re noticed and an easy target.

Another idea would be to get rid of the post counts, I think you guys have been targeted because you post so much, perhaps without the post counts they wouldnt know how much.

Also I am not fooled into being convinced that either of you are THAT young.

Some great points there Chicken...I hope these kids don''t think I''m bullying them but just trying to offer up a solution that suits everyone.

I don''t think anyone should be banned but think people should think before they post...that goes for those who constantly post drivel and those who respond to it!

bit hypocritical there banana?!

It has to do with the Norwich City forum, therefore its the ''right'' forum

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]bit hypocritical there banana?! It has to do with the Norwich City forum, therefore its the ''right'' forum[/quote]

Lol.

But its about the way the pinkun is run, which is not norwich related [:P]

[quote user="chicken"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="I am a Banana"]basically - lets get the banana off this message board.[/quote]Banana, do you get bothered by the abuse? I am just used to it now. It''s definately between us two the most hated one right? I bet every person was a saint when they were young, and we should all bow down to their superior authority. [/quote]

Nope. Not everyone was a saint but then not everyone spouted so much rubbish and tried deliberately to wind people up so much.

I was certainly no saint but I also wasn''t foolish enough to try and stick out - that way you''re noticed and an easy target.

Another idea would be to get rid of the post counts, I think you guys have been targeted because you post so much, perhaps without the post counts they wouldnt know how much.

[/quote]Bet you lot would have if you had a pc in those days! I can honestly say to you, hand on heart as an honest man, I do not try to wind others up. In fact, people try to wind me up more. [:|] And the post count thing is pathetic. I''d be more than happy for it to be scrapped. Apparantly my post count is like my bible. [:P] But truth be told, I don''t even know what it is.How about (sorry to name names), but Jas, Wiz, Way, and Nutty who all have over 10,000 posts? If you guys are too immature to ignore something you find annoying (as I always try to do), then you need to grow up, seriously!

[quote user="chicken"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="I am a Banana"]basically - lets get the banana off this message board.[/quote]Banana, do you get bothered by the abuse? I am just used to it now. It''s definately between us two the most hated one right? I bet every person was a saint when they were young, and we should all bow down to their superior authority. [/quote]

[/quote]Well people probably put me in the same category as them 2. I''m only 13 though [;)]

I 100% agree with you Brendo, but you and Banana have both just said you enjoy getting the abuse...i.e. you are both attention seeking...

You both tend to make a rod for your own back sometimes! Especially when people offer you genuine congrats. and you ignore it.

Jas, Way and Nutty may have over 10,000 but that is over a set amount of years rather than 1 year, I think this is what people tend to judge at rather than post count on its own.

And Banana...I guess we''ll have to agree to disagree...

This is what annoys me, half the topics on this forum that start as genuinely interesting football (norwich related) topics always go off topic. Usually nana or someone will make a comment, sometimes relevant and other times not and then the whole topic ends up having a go at him or something he says completely takes everyone off topic.

Also these guys are at 6th form so there not really young are they..

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I 100% agree with you Brendo, but you and Banana have both just said you enjoy getting the abuse[/quote]Ahh I apologise if it was mis-construed in such a manor. I was being sarcastic, don''t even know why I said it. Honestly, I hate getting abuse. Why the hell would anyone enjoy it? [:|] It''s just I don''t want to give people the satisfaction of admitting I get upset. [N]

Either your being sarcastic or your trying to retract your statement....what is it?

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Either your being sarcastic or your trying to retract your statement....what is it?[/quote]Retract. Surely that was obvious? [:S] I was being sarcastic when I said I enjoyed it.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Bet you lot would have if you had a pc in those days! I can honestly say to you, hand on heart as an honest man, I do not try to wind others up. In fact, people try to wind me up more. [:|] And the post count thing is pathetic. I''d be more than happy for it to be scrapped. Apparantly my post count is like my bible. [:P] But truth be told, I don''t even know what it is.

How about (sorry to name names), but Jas, Wiz, Way, and Nutty who all have over 10,000 posts? If you guys are too immature to ignore something you find annoying (as I always try to do), then you need to grow up, seriously!
[/quote]

its about the time period we have achieved the posts though. Nutty, wiz and jas have been posting for 5 years or so. WAY seems to have a very hig h amount of posts though [:S]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Bet you lot would have if you had a pc in those days! I can honestly say to you, hand on heart as an honest man, I do not try to wind others up. In fact, people try to wind me up more. [:|] And the post count thing is pathetic. I''d be more than happy for it to be scrapped. Apparantly my post count is like my bible. [:P] But truth be told, I don''t even know what it is.

How about (sorry to name names), but Jas, Wiz, Way, and Nutty who all have over 10,000 posts? If you guys are too immature to ignore something you find annoying (as I always try to do), then you need to grow up, seriously!
[/quote]

its about the time period we have achieved the posts though. Nutty, wiz and jas have been posting for 5 years or so. WAY seems to have a very hig h amount of posts though [:S]

[/quote]

WAY is a women - they love to natter!!!