Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Watford fans upset at ticket prices

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]if they don''t like it they can watch it on tv[/quote]

That is ,feel the reason for the Price of £31 it will make up for the empty seats, because Sky have Hijacked us for the night.

[/quote]So sky aren''t paying us for the game then?[^o)][/quote]

I didn''t say that Wiz, but Sky usually bring loads of empty seats, Or are we so unique that this won''t happen, If we had an away match at Doncaster and tickets we £31 and it was on tele, what would you do. Point taken or what . I firmly believe that Sky is the killer and the worst thing that ever happened to football in general, yes put cup matches on but league No

[/quote]

We are that unique Pete, there wont be many empty seat come Friday evening ! Again demand outstripts supply at this club ! For info , i know season tickets went up by 6% this year, but what % is the increase on last years A grade games. If its 6% then nothing to complain about really !If its more than 6% then I see it as a greater reward to those that purchase season tickets.

To put it into context, if you went to see a show in London and a seat was £35 , then you went to see another show at the same venue and it was £40 woudl you boycott? I doubt it !

This is a business as well as our club and as I stated before , we have been blessed with forward thinking in the way of great signings , it has to be paid for somehow !

[/quote]

Don''t get me  wrong, I''ll be there every home match, Wind, Rain ,Shine My Season ticket is a bargain £34 a month, so I make a proffit on day one  

Well I''m embarrassed that we''re charging Watford fans £31 for a ticket. I have already had a good moan at my Ipswich friend because they are charging £31 for some of their away games or £33 for a small section of their away bit but which is closer to the half way line.

Out of interest, I''ve done a little research on some of the earlier games

Ipswich are charging Burnley fans £31 in August ( think they add £1 on if you buy them on the day)

Middlesborough are charging Ipswich £25

Burnley are charging Forest £26

Coventry are charging Portsmouth £25

Bristol City are charging Millwall £25

Leeds are charging Burnley £29

QPR  are charging Barnsley £30

That''s a really interesting list, CA. As a season ticket holder who rarely goes to away games, I think the outrageous hiking of casual ticket prices has rather passed me by.

I reckon that 15quid is about fair enough for a Championship match, which is roughly what I pay on my season ticket. I''d be really interested to hear from those on this board who are paying 31 to go to the Watford game - do you think it''s value for money? If not, why do you pay it?

I have a limit to what i will pay , once it goes above that i will stop going to  football   simple really. And £31 is well above what i would pay i am not going to line the pockets of footballers with my hard earned cash. If fans are prepared to pay those prices thats there choice as it is mine. I''m afraid that english football will consume itself in its own greed or will it ? fans still seem to keep digging deeper into there own pockets to attend matches or pay for the ever increasing sky subscribtions.

Indeed Tony.

What staggers me about this City fans paying £31 seemingly without a fuss and yet other City fans concerned about what Watford fans pay.

This is what all the fuss was about last summer. The new board are not prepared to consolidate at an affordable football level. The same folk who wanted this are now complaining. This is the price we pay for ambition. Lets hope it''s worth it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s strange how it seems many are up in arms about away supporters being charged £31 when casual home supporters are going to be charged exactly the same. Is it only the away supporters we care about???

[/quote]

I''ve just looked on the online ticketing system and there''s tickets available in the Barclay and River end for £27 for us Norwich fans

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s strange how it seems many are up in arms about away supporters being charged £31 when casual home supporters are going to be charged exactly the same. Is it only the away supporters we care about???

[/quote]

I''ve just looked on the online ticketing system and there''s tickets available in the Barclay and River end for £27 for us Norwich fans

[/quote]

And if the "away end" was in the Barclay or River End then the Watford fans would pay £27 too. Clubs can''t charge away supporters a different price to what they charge home fans for the equivalent seat.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And if the "away end" was in the Barclay or River End then the Watford fans would pay £27 too. Clubs can''t charge away supporters a different price to what they charge home fans for the equivalent seat.

[/quote]That`s quite correct, so what exactly are people moaning about?

Personally I think £31 is cheap to watch Norwich City. I would willingly sell my house and all it`s contents to be part of the Yellow Army[:P]

I see both sides of the argument.

We need to be ambitious, but at the same time, be reasonable. Ambition means inflated prices, but I havent got a problem with £30 for say Ispwich, Middlesboro, Pompey, but £31 for Watford?

We need to find a happy medium, where the club can achive its ambitions, but not at a price which could gradually sees attendences drop. A few midtable finishes over the next 3 years, and I can see crwods dropping. Funnily enough, if we were in a relegation battle 3 years running, I think attendences would be higher than 3 midtable finishes.

Im no acountent, so dont ask me how to work out a fair price, but profitable price plan.

[quote user="Boogle"]

I see both sides of the argument.

We need to be ambitious, but at the same time, be reasonable. Ambition means inflated prices, but I havent got a problem with £30 for say Ispwich, Middlesboro, Pompey, but £31 for Watford?

We need to find a happy medium, where the club can achive its ambitions, but not at a price which could gradually sees attendences drop. A few midtable finishes over the next 3 years, and I can see crwods dropping. Funnily enough, if we were in a relegation battle 3 years running, I think attendences would be higher than 3 midtable finishes.

Im no acountent, so dont ask me how to work out a fair price, but profitable price plan.

[/quote]

I agree with you and have no problem with charging the likes of Ipswich £31/£32 because thats what they''ll charge us but Watford is hardly a grade A game surely and bet they don''t charge us more than £25.

It`s only a grade A game because it`s the first game of the season, which always gets a bumper crowd. Supply and demand I spose.When we go to Watford it will probably depend on where we are in the table that dictates the grade of game plus we always have a good turnout for London games so that would have an effect as well.

£32 is well ott.  I dont have a season ticket because i have to work at lot of weekends.  This was a game i was gonna go to but by the time i''ve driven 90 miles round, had a few beers and a bite to eat, think i''ll go to the pub and watch it.  I have no doubt the first game will be a sell out and fair enough if you wanna pay that, but i''d rather save my cash and go to Scunthorpe away, would work out the same sort of price and its a better craic with the core away fans.  If i had a season ticket i''d be expecting a big hike if we finish top half this season.  The cost of an individual game and what each game works out with a season ticket is too big.

Incidently does anyone have a list of the cost of the different grades for the coming season please?

Can we just get one thing straight- you can buy tickets for £27.  The £31 (now grown to £32 apparently....) is the away area or side stands. £27 is the minimum price and apparently there are still some available.

In a season or two, we''ll all be wishing the prices will reduced to £31.   I posted a thread last week asking would you forgo your ST discount for the benefit of the club.  Nobody seemed interested.  I''ll tell you know my opinion on the matter.  In a season or two, discounts will be either next to nothing or they''ll be hiked that much, the discount will still leave a ST price at this year''s no discount level.Suck it up folks. £31 will be the norm for everyone very very soon. (if you''re willing to pay of course)

I''m happy to pay it. But then I''m not a real supporter, because I don''t have a season ticket. I''ll pay whatever to go to the games I can get to. Stop ficking moaning, and deal with it!

[quote user="jed exodous"]

This was a game i was gonna go to but by the time i''ve driven 90 miles round, had a few beers and a bite to eat, think i''ll go to the pub and watch it. [/quote]

Why don''t you make some sandwiches? Also how about NOT drinking and driving? Surely that would save you enough money so you don''t whinge about the price? Or maybe you can only go to games and drink and drive?

You say you want to go to away matches where teh "core" fans go yet you won''t pay the £27 (yup £27 not £31 or even £32) to into the Barclay End. I mean let''s face it if you go in the Barclay you can save £4, have an extra pint and still have change, I mean what''s the difference you''ve already stated your going to drink and drive so why not have an extra pint.

I''m pretty happy your not going to be honest, one less drink driver on the road and in my eyes that''s a lot worse than having to pay £31 to see Watford.

Davo

I think the price is too high. I went to 10 away games last year but won''t go anywhere where tickets are over £25, especially if the match is live on TV.

Away ticketing is an area where we can charge what we like but in my opinion should be direcctly linked to the cost of policing. Ie Leeds fans are scum and they should pay for the high cost of police needed for the game so yea charge them £40, one size doesn''t fit all.

But we can''t charge what we like to away fans. We can''t charge them anymore than we charge the home fans in the equivalent seats. That''s why I''m astounded to see so many complaining on behalf of the away fans but nothing from the home fans who have paid this.

Davo, thanks for the lecture on drink driving, something i dont do or encourage.  May i just confirm, although you may be under the impression i go to a game on my own and get smashed, i dont.  If i''m going to a game then i will go with a friend/friends or girlfriend and there WILL be a designated driver.  Also if it is my girlfriend, i usually pay for her tickets, so what can easily be a cheap night down the pub, in my village, where i dont need to drive, could instead be the best part of £100 (£27 x 2, £10 petrol, at least 4 drinks between 2 people £12, 2 x hotdogs/sausage rolls £6/7, prgramme £3...)

Back on topic, Watford being a grade a game is a joke.  The club have only done it because its the first game and they know it''ll be a sellout.  But if this is a taste of things to come, there will only be probably around 2 or 3 games grade c and 3 or 4 games at grade b. Thinking about it, virtually the last 8-10 games of last season were all grade a''s i beleive.  I can remember logging on to the club page to check for availability for the Stockport game and, yes, that was a grade a game, Stockport ffs...

If thats the route the club want to go down, then fair enough.  I dont doubt they will have problems filling the ground each week, but i wont be there at those prices.  We supposedly have some of the most loyal fans and the club are taking advantage of that unless you buy a season ticket, which as i stated previously, i''m sure they will be going up a lot too at the end of the season. 

Oh, and i''m not gonna take sandwiches to a professional game of football...