Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Has the club learnt anything today?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]With respect to the pricing of friendly matches, what has working party (re tickets) member, Lisa Q got to say on the matter?[/quote]Was she the only member of the working party Tangy?[/quote]

No but she was/is the only member of the pricing sub committee that posts on this messageboard Lapp.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="gary "]why should prices rise ? they are exceptionally high as it is compared to other entertainment events - for me , my 16 year old and 10 year old to go to both friendlies is £ 80 - ridiculous , I can take all four of my kids to the zoo for a FULL day for about £ 65 , prorities will come into play and football , whilst good is not a priority in teh larger scheme of things[/quote]I don''t think they should.  But there was one or two members of the old SCG who said they should be increased.  I''m assuming they are of the same opinion.[/quote]

As a former member of the SCG i have not expressed an opinion on here about increasing the prices other than to say in comparison to what was charged by Stevenage and D & R for friendlies our pricing structure needs to be put in perspective.That was not saying that "they should be increased".Out of interest who were the members of the SCG you were making reference to?

[/quote]As her name has been mentioned.  I''d read one or two posts in the past that LQ thought the prices were cheap, and should be raised.  (I wasn''t referring to you Mr T btw)

This highlights one aspect of the consultative "reforms" brought in by the new board. In the days of the SCG there was an obvious and easy link between fans and the SCG, because its members were listed on the club site for all to see.When the club announced the scrapping of the SCG last October, with instead various focus groups to deal with specific issue, such as ticketing, it said the following:"Further announcements about the composition of these groups, their

meeting dates and their targets will be made in the near future. Each

group will meet four times a year."That was  nine monrths ago. There have been no such announcements. There is absolutely zilch on the club site about who might be in these groups, or when they meet, or what their "targets" - whatever they are - might be. Not madly helpful.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Seat0123"]Penguins are quite fun, as long as they''re not just standing around.[/quote]You already got to watch black and white figures standing still... they were the Newcastle defence!Ba dum tish!I''m here all week...[/quote]Oh Monkey, they were in their blue strip on Saturday. Good effort, but must try harder [:)][/quote]Bugger. I''ll get me cloak...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]This highlights one aspect of the consultative "reforms" brought in by the new board. In the days of the SCG there was an obvious and easy link between fans and the SCG, because its members were listed on the club site for all to see.

When the club announced the scrapping of the SCG last October, with instead various focus groups to deal with specific issue, such as ticketing, it said the following:

"Further announcements about the composition of these groups, their meeting dates and their targets will be made in the near future. Each group will meet four times a year."

That was  nine monrths ago. There have been no such announcements. There is absolutely zilch on the club site about who might be in these groups, or when they meet, or what their "targets" - whatever they are - might be. Not madly helpful.

[/quote]

Well said.

Furthermore I would like to know who LQ is representing

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]This highlights one aspect of the consultative "reforms" brought in by the new board. In the days of the SCG there was an obvious and easy link between fans and the SCG, because its members were listed on the club site for all to see.When the club announced the scrapping of the SCG last October, with instead various focus groups to deal with specific issue, such as ticketing, it said the following:"Further announcements about the composition of these groups, their meeting dates and their targets will be made in the near future. Each group will meet four times a year."That was  nine monrths ago. There have been no such announcements. There is absolutely zilch on the club site about who might be in these groups, or when they meet, or what their "targets" - whatever they are - might be. Not madly helpful.[/quote]

Well said.

[/quote]Arsenal

15 quid for newcastle15 quid for everton301 quid for watfordhmm bit of a pi$$ take imo.

[quote user="marchisio"]15 quid for newcastle
15 quid for everton
301 quid for watford

hmm bit of a pi$$ take imo.
[/quote]

£12.00 for the Gillingham Cup Game...."The Return Of Cody!"

Is £12.00 a lot for a cup game?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

15 quid for everton
301 quid for watford

[/quote]

[/quote]

He Won''t be allowed to play

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

15 quid for everton
301 quid for watford

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

AWWW!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

15 quid for everton
301 quid for watford

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

AWWW!

[/quote]

Thought I read some time ago, that a loan player is not allowed to play against his parent club, perhaps Pete can confirm 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="gary "]I can take all four of my kids to the zoo for a FULL day[/quote]Ok kids, want to go to the game today or shall we have a day at the zoo?[:S][/quote]

A lot of kids would prefer a day out at the zoo. After all, you are never guaranteed entertainment at a football match. 70% of the World Cup in South Africa was about as exciting as watching paint dry.

If it bugs you that much Tangy, and this isn''t the first time you''ve posted such a question, why don''t you email her and ask?

Looking back, it would seem that LQ hasn''t logged on this site since early April. Furthermore, unless I''ve missed it, the first posting suggesting that she was on the Pricing group seems to have actually been made by JT, not LQ herself.

Still, I suppose if you keep posting it often enough that she''s involved with the pricing, people might actually start believing it to be true!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]This highlights one aspect of the consultative "reforms" brought in by the new board. In the days of the SCG there was an obvious and easy link between fans and the SCG, because its members were listed on the club site for all to see.When the club announced the scrapping of the SCG last October, with instead various focus groups to deal with specific issue, such as ticketing, it said the following:"Further announcements about the composition of these groups, their meeting dates and their targets will be made in the near future. Each group will meet four times a year."That was  nine monrths ago. There have been no such announcements. There is absolutely zilch on the club site about who might be in these groups, or when they meet, or what their "targets" - whatever they are - might be. Not madly helpful.[/quote]

Well said.

[/quote]---

I came across this while in the process of updating my website. Which, as an aside, I

would recomment to Chops as a narcotic if he has trouble getting the

newborn to sleep. A few paragraphs of my deathless prose and the little

mite should be dead to the world.[|-)]

Moving on, at least with the SCG, whatever its merits and demerits, one

knew who was on it (and so whom to contact), when it met, and what it

discusssed, because the minutes were published. So there was some small

degree not of democracy (because the system was NOT representative) but

at least of public scrutiny.

We now have groups about which - nine months on - we still know nothing.

Who is on them. What is their remit. When they meet, IF they actually

meet. Or what they discuss. So the small amount of public scrutiny there

was with the SCG has entirely gone. We have all the demerits of the old

system (which - I repeat - was in no sense democratic or

representative, so nothing has changed there) and none of its virtues.

It is hard to see how that is an improvement. And this, of course, is

not the fault of the lay members of these groups. It is the fault of the

club. Which promised to inform us and hasn''t.

Given that there are now starting to be rumblings among fans about the

club''s pricing policy in particular I would have thought this was a

perfect issue for an independent - and independently-minded -

supporters'' group to take up.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="marchisio"]15 quid for newcastle15 quid for everton301 quid for watfordhmm bit of a pi$$ take imo.[/quote]

[/quote]its an OK price. not too expensive but not cheap either. though it is only gillingham.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]But where are the members of the relevant working group, including LQ?  Not much communication with the fans by this working group, is there?

[/quote]

I sit/sat on the away match/travel group and no meeting has been called by the Club for almost a year.This afternoon i spoke to Joe Ferrari as a result of what has been posted on this thread and it appears that no group has met and that everything is now driven by the Club and supporter input has been nil.So in all fairness to LQ and as you know she is not exactly on my Christmas card list she would have nothing to report.

I hate stating what seems the obvious but is it not even more essential that the fans have a strong voice through NCISA or some other fans organisation.

If not the CLUB will just do as it wishes when it wishes to and an individual voice will not even register.

[quote user="The Butler"]

I hate stating what seems the obvious but is it not even more essential that the fans have a strong voice through NCISA or some other fans organisation.

If not the CLUB will just do as it wishes when it wishes to and an individual voice will not even register.

[/quote]

As you are aware Butler Mr.McNally has agreed to speak at our AGM so there is a golden opportunity for fans to quiz him on ALL things Norwich City.

The date will be announced very shortly on the NCISA website so look online everybody and join up using paypal and i will make sure that you can ask your questions on the night.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I sit/sat on the away match/travel group and no meeting has been called by the Club for almost a year.This afternoon i spoke to Joe Ferrari as a result of what has been posted on this thread and it appears that no group has met and that everything is now driven by the Club and supporter input has been nil.So in all fairness to LQ and as you know she is not exactly on my Christmas card list she would have nothing to report.

[/quote]---What the club said nine months ago, when it was trumpeting a new

improved way of consulting fans, was that there would be working groups

which would meet four times a year on:

- Ticketing

- Supporter Experience (Home and Away)- Disabled Supporters- Long-Distance Supporters- Young Supporters

The club described these as "key areas" of policy. Now if I''ve

understood John Tilson''s post (and if he is accurately

reporting what Joe Ferrari told him) then not one of these groups has

met once on these "key areas" of policy. With no sign of that changing.

If so, that really is a remarkable state of affairs. Really quite remarkable.

There''s a reason why the club hasn''t been making money despite filling the stadium every week. Can you work it out?

Butler said:

"I hate stating what seems the obvious but is it not even more essential that the fans have a strong voice through NCISA or some other fans organisation.

If not the CLUB will just do as it wishes when it wishes to and an individual voice will not even register."

Butler while I agree with you it depends on what type of organisation NCISA actually is.

Is it the type of organisation that stands back from the club and then tuts and shakes it''s head when the club does something it like?

Or is it the type of organisation that goes to the club and says "Look our members have a problem with this thing your doing here, why don''t we sit down and try to come up with a more suitable solution for club and fans?"

I get the feeling that NCISA is more along the lines of the former when I would prefer the latter. With the dissolution of the SCG there''s an opening for something like this. Maybe you''ve tried to do this but the club have refused you, I don''t know and I can''t remember reading anything about a topic like this.

Davo

It is indeed a remarkable state of affairs, Purple, but, as you say, the Club seems to be at fault here and not, as suggested by some, the members of the relevant groups, if indeed, there are any actual members elected?

John - you have said on more than one occassion that LQ is a member of one of the so called Working Parties, but there is nothing to suggest that is the case as far as I can see. Do you have any evidence to back up your claim, or is this mere heresay? It seems that the likes of Tangy has no problems "dishing the dirt" on a so called member of the Working Party yet there is no evidence to suggest that this critisum is correctly directed?

[quote user="GMF"]It is indeed a remarkable state of affairs, Purple, but, as you say, the Club seems to be at fault here and not, as suggested by some, the members of the relevant groups, if indeed, there are any actual members elected? John - you have said on more than one occassion that LQ is a member of one of the so called Working Parties, but there is nothing to suggest that is the case as far as I can see. Do you have any evidence to back up your claim, or is this mere heresay? It seems that the likes of Tangy has no problems "dishing the dirt" on a so called member of the Working Party yet there is no evidence to suggest that this critisum is correctly directed?[/quote]

At the time the SCG was disbanded the working groups were already in existence and i know that LQ was a member of that sub committee,working group or call it what you will.I sit on the home/away matchday experience group and we last met 11 months ago.I assumed that the other groups were still operating but after speaking to Joe Ferrari it appears not.

LQ was most definately on the pricing group because i was at the main SCG meeting when she accepted the post.

John, thanks for the clarification.

In the absence of any further clarifiaction from the Club, I''m still not sure if this was a straight "lift and shift" for the members of the old SCG working groups into the new regime?

Nevertheless, the Club certainly seems wanting in implementing the new changes!

Not sure if your contact with Joe was in a personal or NCISA capacity but perhaps this is something NCISA should be picking up the batton on in due course?

[quote user="GMF"]John, thanks for the clarification.

In the absence of any further clarifiaction from the Club, I''m still not sure if this was a straight "lift and shift" for the members of the old SCG working groups into the new regime?

Nevertheless, the Club certainly seems wanting in implementing the new changes!

Not sure if your contact with Joe was in a personal or NCISA capacity but perhaps this is something NCISA should be picking up the batton on in due course?[/quote]GMF, in reply to this, and your earlier post, I have already asked for clarification from the club as to what the position is, and specifically whether or not these groups have ever met.

Why do we need this supporters representation? We certainly did at the time when the SCG came into being. Of course then we didn''t have capacity crowds so there weren''t so many ticketing issues. But there were issues for very few big games and in those cases the policies certainly weren''t fair. But as our support grew the SCG helped ensure that ticketing issues were fair. I guess much of that work is done now. The clubs policies, that were decided with an input from very committed fans, formed the Supporters Charter. I see this is now known as the Customer Charter . It looks pretty much up to date to me.

We are all individuals and may from time to time have issues that are not covered in the charter or club policy. In these cases surely it''s best to approach the club as individuals. I have always found them to be sympathetic to supporters needs.

Calls for nCIsA to act as a kind of trade union to represent the fans with the club suggests we are on different sides. It suggests the club do things that are against the interests of the fans who are it''s lifeblood. I don''t believe that is the case. I believe the club, team and supporters are all on the same side.

Nutty, some interesting views, but I''m not sure I agree with everything you say.

Do we really want to revert to no representation at all? Some people may be perfectly happy to approach the Club on their own to deal with certain issues, but others are not.

The SCG was born out of an era of no consultation and change was needed, but one of it''s problems was that it was a product of its time and didn''t evolve. Certainly, some of its roles became redundant especially with the development of the internet.

The current webchats have a role to play, but they tend to be very similar in format each time they happen and really aren''t suitable for heavy weigh issues such as ticket pricing or the restricted away tickets allocation process, which, IMHO, needs to be changed also.

The Customer Charter is important, but it''s not the solution to every problem. There''s a gap to be filled in my opinion.

NCISA evolved from a period of crisis and still has a role to play at times of trouble. However, it also has to move with the times and it has to decide. I think it does have a role to play in certain circumstances and many people think it should be more proactive, rather than reactive, in taking a lead on these key issues.

IMO the club worked with these groups at times when fans were more likely to be pi**ed off with something.  This past year, the club has assumed everybody is happy so it doesn''t bother consulting with fans, because happy fans moan less.  But the irony is, fans are stepping toward being pi**ed off because the club hasn''t (I hate this phrase) ''touched base''  with fans in a way they wish to be.Like the OP said.  The Charter is not the answer to everything. We''re often told this family club is a community and many fans would like to give an opinion on what is or isn''t going on in their community