Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Has the club learnt anything today?

They have learned that despite charging a rip off price they can half fill the stadium for a meaningless pre season friendly.Sky Sports thought the attendance was impressive.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]They could''ve filled the stadium (almost) if the tickets were a little cheaper do you think?[/quote]I guess we''ll never know.If people wanna go, they''ll go. Like me they may moan about the price, but they''ll still go.I said I wasn''t going to go to Everton, but came away from todays game with such a smile on my face that I am now reconsidering lol.

Your golden boy McNutty is responsible for the pricing policy, though for once I agree we''ve been too cheap too long.

McNasty rules and boy am i pleased. I have almost forgotten the rubbish and shambles served up by the previous board and gofer

The reason me and a few mates did not go today was due to the cost.

...and before you take a swipe saying we are not loyal fans between us we have been to Kings Lynn, Stevenage and Dagenham and are going to Lincoln Weds.

£15 is too much for a home game, should be no more than a tenner and a couple of quid for the kids.

£15 is a little on the steep side but at least it was a nice game of football. Lots of good stuff was played. One of the better friendlies I can remember watching.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]13,000 attended today.  Pretty obvious the price of tickets the culprit. [/quote]Not really. Tickets for Dagenham & Redbridge were cheaper and they only got 1,000.

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]The reason me and a few mates did not go today was due to the cost. ...and before you take a swipe saying we are not loyal fans between us we have been to Kings Lynn, Stevenage and Dagenham and are going to Lincoln Weds. £15 is too much for a home game, should be no more than a tenner and a couple of quid for the kids.[/quote]

Surely the cost of travel to these games is alot more than the extra £5 that the Newcastle game cost today?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]13,000 attended today.  Pretty obvious the price of tickets the culprit. [/quote]Not really. Tickets for Dagenham & Redbridge were cheaper and they only got 1,000.[/quote]D&R normally have around 1000 attend anyway. We normally have twice the number attending.  Surely reducing the ticket price slightly would''ve got more bums on seats and gained a higher revenue.

well we got 21000 for west ham in 2007 when it was quid a kid  and a bloody fantastic atmosphere it was as well and that was with the shambolic peter grant regime ..i think if the club aren''t careful with the pricing they will mess things up ..cost has everything to do with it [:D]

If you work on the assumption that 13000 people all paid £15 you are looking at income of £195K, if the club had set the price at say £10 then they would need another 6500 on that gate to get to £195k, I am not convinced that would have happened, so I think the club got it right.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]If you work on the assumption that 13000 people all paid £15 you are looking at income of £195K, if the club had set the price at say £10 then they would need another 6500 on that gate to get to £195k, I am not convinced that would have happened, so I think the club got it right.[/quote]Yes but more people means more pie and drink sales ........so its a fine balance between having more at lower original price, and hoping people buy more things once in the ground, or set prices higher and hope they get enough to come in......

I am prepared to pay £15 for myself - and feel yesterday''s game was well worth the money, but £10 for kids is way too much.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]considering it was a tenner for the kids, I was amazed at how many children were still there. Was quite impressed.[/quote]

How much pocket money does a 10 yr old get these days do you know? £10 for a ticket does sound an awful lot but maybe I am way out of touch. I paid the equivalent of £6 for a pint of Becks in the local pub on Thursay evening here in Perth and on that basis £10 for a ticket to watch Norwich v Newcastle sounds about right.

You want rip off prices I pay £13 to go watch my local side Crawley Town in their friendlies! And that''s not even sitting down.

[quote user="manbearpig"]

You want rip off prices I pay £13 to go watch my local side Crawley Town in their friendlies! And that''s not even sitting down.

[/quote]

Do they let you take your own chair in?

I guess it is like sky tv who increase there subs ,if you enjoy the product you continue to pay for it. But with the recession still very much biting us all on the arse i think the club could have set the prices a little lower for a friendly .Will be very intresting to see what our relatively new board will do next year regarding season ticket prices.  McNally will IMO phase out cheaper kids tickets over time ,as it stands now under 12 still get a good deal but it would not surprise me if he starts to increase revenue by targeting this age group and increasing ticket prices for kids .McNally is a ruthless buisness man and he will try and maximise every seat at carrow road. I think the club have got it spot on with there pricing policy over the last few seasons hence why we sell out most weeks, get your pricing wrong and we could end up like the binners down the road a few thousand short of a  full house. The club should think long and hard before they get to aggressive with ticket prices.

To be fair as well, it''s £7 to take a kid to the cinema. So an extra £3 for a football match is something I''d rather pay. And that''s only for under 12s. 13 and up is £8.95. At least watching a football match is also most likely to make the kids want to be active. I know when I was a kid after my Dad would take me to the match I''d get home and kick a football about for hours trying to emulate my heroes.

I think we''d of had 18,000+ if the prices were a little cheaper like £10 for adults!

Remember their were 2000 Geordies in the away end plus once a season East Anglian Newcastle fans dotted all over the home ends!

Can''t see Everton bringing that many next Saturday!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I think we''d of had 18,000+ if the prices were a little cheaper like £10 for adults! Remember their were 2000 Geordies in the away end plus once a season East Anglian Newcastle fans dotted all over the home ends! Can''t see Everton bringing that many next Saturday![/quote]

I agree £10 for adults and £5 for kids would have seen the gate more like 18,000.

Once again it shows how loyal Norwich fans are. I am fairly confident had ticket prices been £25 a pop we would still be looking at hitting 8,000 to 10,000. The clubs knows this and therefore its a fairly easy way to make money, even if we as fans have to fork it out.

Had the match yesterday been a drab and dull affair, I don''t think people on here would have been to endearing to the ticket prices.

£25 - even I, a veteran of countless numbers of friendlies all over the world would have drew the line and said - While I''d like to go I''m not paying £25 for a meaningless friendly!

A previous poster got it spot on by saying that that club have got ticket prices correct in recent years which is why we get the huge crowds we enjoy. Looking at our last 7-8 years performances, the large fanbase hasn''t been there cause of on pitch success!

Start over pricing and we''ll soon be like the S cum with up to 10,000 empty seats!

I know from many fans that the cheaper prices for U21 adults has been the difference between many season ticket holders falling into that age category buying or not!

I know looking at other clubs, our season ticket prices have been fair but not dirt cheap like some make out including S cum who use that as the reason for the big crowds. I''m all for casual on the day tickets being more expensive cause that encourages some of those casual fans to go the full hog, make the splash and get a season ticket!

Season ticket holders should of got a ticket yesterday for £10!

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"]I guess it is like sky tv who increase there subs ,if you enjoy the product you continue to pay for it. But with the recession still very much biting us all on the arse i think the club could have set the prices a little lower for a friendly .Will be very intresting to see what our relatively new board will do next year regarding season ticket prices.  McNally will IMO phase out cheaper kids tickets over time ,as it stands now under 12 still get a good deal but it would not surprise me if he starts to increase revenue by targeting this age group and increasing ticket prices for kids .McNally is a ruthless buisness man and he will try and maximise every seat at carrow road. I think the club have got it spot on with there pricing policy over the last few seasons hence why we sell out most weeks, get your pricing wrong and we could end up like the binners down the road a few thousand short of a  full house. The club should think long and hard before they get to aggressive with ticket prices.[/quote]NCFC have started to undo all the good work that Andrew Cullen did to massively increase attendances.If prices go up and there are empty seats at home games then season tickets sales will start to fall as people will know they can always pick and choose games.I hope McNasty does not take the fanbase for granted and understands why and how it grew.A few wrong moves and NCFC could very easily become just another club with thousands of empty seats at most games.

Ticket prices will rise and so they should. The club needs all the money it can get. We are below average i would think in prices anyway so its not like they will end up paying 40quid a ticket like QPR fans do or somthing. The rises will only be a couple of quid a game whats that these days half a pint? The club should charge the maximum they can while maintaining sell out crowds. It is quite clear that we can charge more. I seem to remember the Harltepool home game being about £23 pounds. The attendance was 25400ish with 400 from ''pool. So thats 25k home fans willing to pay 20 odd quid against i piss poor team in leauge one. Im sure those casual fans wont be put off by a 2 or 3 pound rise for a game in the championship in the same category, most likely a scunthorpe or Doncaster. And tickets for Watford wich im sure due to being first game of the season is in the highest bracket at £31 pounds being a fair price.

As long as the club keep heavily discounted junior tickets it will ensure a large following for years to come, but now we have the support and means to maximise our reveune .

Dont be fooled into thinking that our season tickets are cheaper than most. They are not. Lots of clubs have done £299 tickets this year and other such things such as "if we go up your ticket next year will be free" ideas.

Rumour has it - it will be £39 to get into Ipswich this season for NCFC fans and prices around the Championship will be up around the £30 and for that reason, I shall be cutting back a bit on the aways this season. Fans pockets are only so deep!

Funny how none of those moaning about prices have mentioned that the Gillingham cup game is kids for a quid....[:|]

We have just had a year of buying players instead of selling our best ones then hearing the club whinging that it`s skint and can`t compete, and lo and behold the club is on the up again.  Are people really going to begrudge paying a few quid extra for that, after years of benefitting from cheap tickets??!