Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Misers!

[quote user="First Wizard"]I always pay an online booking fee for the theatre, so what the problem here?[/quote]

But to be fair Wizard, after I''ve paid £420 for my season ticket and then around £25 for each of the half a dozen or so away games I attend plus the travel why should I have to pay a booking fee just because I live to far away to pick any tickets up.

pity the pinkun couldn''t charge wiz a posting fee for every thread he startswith the money going to reducing the club''s debt

Nutty - The thing is, when (not "if") Delia calls time on her stint at NCFC she will also call in her loans, but the fans will still be coughing up the cash long after she has departed. Personally I think the "average" citizen of this country is going to be taking one hell of a financial battering over the coming months......

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Nutty - The thing is, when (not "if") Delia calls time on her stint at NCFC she will also call in her loans, but the fans will still be coughing up the cash long after she has departed. Personally I think the "average" citizen of this country is going to be taking one hell of a financial battering over the coming months......[/quote]

Only if they choose to do so surely, I felt £15 was a lot for a preseason friendly so ........ I didn''t buy a ticket - simples

Looking forward to Watford though

[quote user="City1st"]pity the pinkun couldn''t charge wiz a posting fee for every thread he starts

with the money going to reducing the club''s debt

[/quote]

Reduce the debt?

We would be in profit !!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]I always pay an online booking fee for the theatre, so what the problem here?[/quote]There was no charge last season but this season there is, why shouldn''t we ask the reason why?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The average fan (whatever that maybe) chooses to buy tickets, refreshments and merchandise in much the same way as Delia chose to buy  the club. In both cases no sacrifice is being made. Just folk spending their money how they see fit.

[/quote]

Now that''s a sensible post. [:O]

Hic.

OTBC

Looks like some of you better think about what you wish for.......

Just wait until next year when we''re in the Prem!

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Nutty - The thing is, when (not "if") Delia calls time on her stint at NCFC she will also call in her loans, but the fans will still be coughing up the cash long after she has departed. Personally I think the "average" citizen of this country is going to be taking one hell of a financial battering over the coming months......[/quote]

I think the point I made was about Delia choosing what she spends her money on like you, I, or whoever an average supporter is. Loans are loans and shares are shares. If you lend someone money you hope to get it back. If you buy shares you hope they will keep some value. I doubt either will work out well for Delia. I''m also under the impression that the said majority shareholder pays for her tickets, pies and pints in the same way as the average fan. And was doing so long before she chose to buy the club. I guess she could go to Morrisons like the rest of us but whatever would Waitrose make of it?

The financial battering is on it''s way make no mistake. The average citizen who uses the little business that I run is probably spending 20% less. Putting prices up would be folly in my case but as you rightly say a football club is different. Fans will find the money because it''s in their blood. Much of the problem is that affordable family football was the old policy that was the mainstay of the phenomenal increase of attendances under the guidance of Andrew Cullen and Roger Munby. I think you will probably find the new Chairman and Chief Exec feel it was too affordable. Expect more of the same next year.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="First Wizard"]I always pay an online booking fee for the theatre, so what the problem here?[/quote]

There was no charge last season but this season there is, why shouldn''t we ask the reason why?
[/quote]

Of course we have the right to ask plus bet other clubs don''t charge their season ticket holders booking fees when they order away tickets.

I do find some of the things they do a little difficult to understand, still haven''t managed to get hold of Richard Gough to find out why we have to wait so long to get our refunds for buyback tickets so may ask Tilly to chase that for me next time he speaks to him.

As for refreshments at least we have an alternative which isn''t the case when purchasing extra tickets.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="City1st"]pity the pinkun couldn''t charge wiz a posting fee for every thread he starts

with the money going to reducing the club''s debt

[/quote]

Reduce the debt?

We would be in profit !!!

[/quote]Especially with all the threads you start too! [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/hacker.gif[/img]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I always pay an online booking fee for the theatre, so what the problem here?[/quote]

But to be fair Wizard, after I''ve paid £420 for my season ticket and then around £25 for each of the half a dozen or so away games I attend plus the travel why should I have to pay a booking fee just because I live to far away to pick any tickets up.

[/quote]It does seem a tad off CA, but I guess its supply and demand, blackmail was the first word that sprung to mind though.

Whilst what you say about Delia may be true NN, the fact of the matter is she is not your "average" fan is she?, basically she is a really wealthy woman who has loans she can call in if times get really hard, if times get realy hard for me and my ilk without the odd million quid or so stashed down the back of the sofa hard decisions will have to be made regarding expenditure......

I''m lost to the point of this SOB. Shall we "means test" the twenty odd thousand season tickets holders and charge them different prices depending on what they can afford........

NN - Now you are just being obtuse, yes we choose to buy our season tickets, but that decision was made on the basis of our finacial position at the beginning of the year, the point is it seems strange to start introducing booking fees, and increasing food/beverage prices at a time when we are all staring into the abyss of hard financial times ahead........

Then we should seperate these things and consider each one on it''s own merits. At the beginning of the year we made a decision to renew our season tickets at the price offered. That price hasn''t changed has it? At the beginning of the season we now have a decision to make as to whether to buy pies and pints at the price offered.

Whatever obtuse is I believe some sort of means testing should take place on the concessions offered to young and old alike. It''s a ridiculous state of affairs when a man who is 60 and in full employment on an above average wage can get a concession ticket from the club. The same thing applies to a youngster on an above average wage who hasn''t yet reached the age of 21.

The reason people moan (including me) is because we are paying extra money for everything at the football club, not for an increase in the quality we are watching every week, but in order to maintain the players ridiculous wages (yes, that old chestnut again).  People talk of Norwich City like they are a charity.  If I were to plough money into a charity, and then see some of the charity workers driving around in top of the range sports cars, I would swiftly withdraw my money again.  I know it''s the way of the world, and thats how football is these days, but it really highlights the power and mercenary attitude footballers have over their clubs.  It sucks. 

[quote user="Penfold"]The preference would be that Chris Martin & Wes Hoolahan take a pay cut so we don''t have to pay so much...[/quote]

Now there''s an excellent idea!

[quote user="No Quarter"]The reason people moan (including me) is because we are paying extra money for everything at the football club, not for an increase in the quality we are watching every week, but in order to maintain the players ridiculous wages (yes, that old chestnut again).  People talk of Norwich City like they are a charity.  If I were to plough money into a charity, and then see some of the charity workers driving around in top of the range sports cars, I would swiftly withdraw my money again.  I know it''s the way of the world, and thats how football is these days, but it really highlights the power and mercenary attitude footballers have over their clubs.  It sucks. [/quote]

And it''s the new determination to compete at a higher level by the new board at Norwich which has brought about these increases. It''s what we wanted but everything has it''s price and as in all things we can''t have our cake and eat it.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="First Wizard"]I always pay an online booking fee for the theatre, so what the problem here?[/quote]There was no charge last season but this season there is, why shouldn''t we ask the reason why? [/quote]Surely Gunny making a fool of himself at last years event was worth double that kind of entry price on it''s own???

Unfortunately the previous incumbents poor commercial sense in the past has meant that the fans are getting hit now but the club is still £25m in debt!If they don''t seek to improve matters, we could go the way of Pompey and Hull. No one want that do they?

Rubbish, penny pinching WILL NOT make any dent in that debt. Posting up the accurate figure might knock a few million off though.

People are right in saying that food and drink prices are too much at Carrow Road and every other pro ground but they always have been steep!

Charging £31 for away fans at the Watford game is too much!

Not allowing fans refunds is dam right scandalous!

But then again we have a board that is ambitious and a manager that is also so we have to back Lambert!

But the club has to stop at this level cause any more increases will drive fans away!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="No Quarter"]The reason people moan (including me) is because we are paying extra money for everything at the football club, not for an increase in the quality we are watching every week, but in order to maintain the players ridiculous wages (yes, that old chestnut again).  People talk of Norwich City like they are a charity.  If I were to plough money into a charity, and then see some of the charity workers driving around in top of the range sports cars, I would swiftly withdraw my money again.  I know it''s the way of the world, and thats how football is these days, but it really highlights the power and mercenary attitude footballers have over their clubs.  It sucks. [/quote]

And it''s the new determination to compete at a higher level by the new board at Norwich which has brought about these increases. It''s what we wanted but everything has it''s price and as in all things we can''t have our cake and eat it.

[/quote]Technically, you can have your cake and eat it, provided you are willing to pay the higher cost of the cake.

[quote user="No Quarter"]The reason people moan (including me) is because we are paying extra money for everything at the football club, not for an increase in the quality we are watching every week,  [/quote]Last season we were watching 3rd Division Football, this season we will be watching 2nd Division Football so that blows that out of the water.

[quote user="City1st"]Rubbish, penny pinching WILL NOT make any dent in that debt. Posting up the accurate figure might knock a few million off though.[/quote]Does posting things in BOLD CAPS make it FACT?The club will need to be showing its creditors that they are pro actively attempting to reduce the debt and increase revenue streams. They are not doing this for a laugh.