Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Misers!

In the last couple of weeks, people have been whingeing about booking fees, the price of coffee, tickets for friendlies and now, the £1 admission to the open day. It seems it''s ok for Delia to dig a bit deeper or for a rich sugar daddy to throw money at the club but when it comes down to the "supporters" having to spend another couple of quid they squeal like mice.

Would they would rather the club sell somebody like Chris Martin or Wesley to raise money!

You can''t really compare the millionaire Delia Smith to the average fan can you? I doubt the recession has hit her income to hard.

I don''t think it''s whingeing as such Lapp. If we accepted every decision made by the club it would be very unhealthy and a spot of mild criticism about the price of coffee is a million miles away from the threads you would have seen at this time last year.

I think the £1.50 charge for online ticketing is a bit of a pisstake and I''ve said so on another thread. I don''t think that makes me a whinger........just somebody who will take the short walk to the ticket office in future [;)]

i never moaned about the £1 charge for open day i just mentioned it as i never noticed it before.

the prices for food and drink are crazy already let alone now the prices have gone up!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I don''t think it''s whingeing as such Lapp. If we accepted every decision made by the club it would be very unhealthy and a spot of mild criticism about the price of coffee is a million miles away from the threads you would have seen at this time last year.

I think the £1.50 charge for online ticketing is a bit of a pisstake and I''ve said so on another thread. I don''t think that makes me a whinger........just somebody who will take the short walk to the ticket office in future [;)]

[/quote]I have accepted the booking fee as it seems the norm nowadays. I do think that if you buy it online (with minimal overheads) you should be able to print off an e-ticket or something....However i have just opted to book all my tickets at once (saving on a few booking fee''s) .But at the end of the day, im sure we would have paid an extra £34.50 for our ST which is what all the home games plus booking fee''s equate too.

The preference would be that Chris Martin & Wes Hoolahan take a pay cut so we don''t have to pay so much...

[quote user="JF"]You can''t really compare the millionaire Delia Smith to the average fan can you? I doubt the recession has hit her income to hard.[/quote]You''ve missed the point. The OP has made a very good point, people are quick to spend other peoples money, but when it comes down to a mere few pound they have to spend of their own money, they complain!! I always spend my money at Carrow Road instead of going to Morrisons, because I''d rather my money went back into the club I love as opposed to a supermarket.

I couldn''t give a shat so long as my club does well.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="JF"]You can''t really compare the millionaire Delia Smith to the average fan can you? I doubt the recession has hit her income to hard.[/quote]You''ve missed the point. The OP has made a very good point, people are quick to spend other peoples money, but when it comes down to a mere few pound they have to spend of their own money, they complain!! I always spend my money at Carrow Road instead of going to Morrisons, because I''d rather my money went back into the club I love as opposed to a supermarket. [/quote]Well done, you obviously have money to burn.[Y]

I think ticket prices are high enough to feel a bit cheated when the club machine tries to spin more and more money out of you on a matchday.  I don''t think this is Norwich City''s fault, I think it''s the football industry in general and something should/will have to change once clubs start going to the wall - the bubble is unsustainable.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="JF"]You can''t really compare the millionaire Delia Smith to the average fan can you? I doubt the recession has hit her income to hard.[/quote]

You''ve missed the point. The OP has made a very good point, people are quick to spend other peoples money, but when it comes down to a mere few pound they have to spend of their own money, they complain!! I always spend my money at Carrow Road instead of going to Morrisons, because I''d rather my money went back into the club I love as opposed to a supermarket.
[/quote]Not really the point is simple. Delia is a multi millionaire who will never have to worry how she is going to pay the mortgage or fear losing her job and she chose to buy the club. The average fan is already making financial sacrifices to watch the team and these extra increases all add up.

The average fan (whatever that maybe) chooses to buy tickets, refreshments and merchandise in much the same way as Delia chose to buy  the club. In both cases no sacrifice is being made. Just folk spending their money how they see fit.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The average fan (whatever that maybe) chooses to buy tickets, refreshments and merchandise in much the same way as Delia chose to buy  the club. In both cases no sacrifice is being made. Just folk spending their money how they see fit.

[/quote]Indeed.My budget for nest season so far :-3 x season tickets - £5503 x replica shirts - £10023 x matchday programmes - £69So if I want to save a few quid by buying my snacks at Morrisson''s than I shall do so.[:)]

[/quote]

True, true. I distinctly remember that when I bought that pastie and coffee against Brentford last season, I explicitly told the nice girlie behind the counter that my £4.50 was actually an interest-free loan to the catering department for the price of the pastie and coffee, and at some point I might ask them to refund me if I can find a suitable taker for the, um, end products of consumption...

[quote user="morty"]
So if I want to save a few quid by buying my snacks at Morrisson''s than I shall do so.

[:)]
[/quote]

We may bump into eachother then [:)]

[quote user="morty"]So if I want to save a few quid by buying my snacks at Morrisson''s than I shall do so.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Lol, it seems like about 15,000 of us are in Morrissons at about half 2 on a Saturday!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

True, true. I distinctly remember that when I bought that pastie and coffee against Brentford last season, I explicitly told the nice girlie behind the counter that my £4.50 was actually an interest-free loan to the catering department for the price of the pastie and coffee, and at some point I might ask them to refund me if I can find a suitable taker for the, um, end products of consumption...

[/quote]

I always told you they should''ve built that footbridger to Morrisons! Nobody listened at the time and now that particular chicken is coming home to roost. But with the lack of a footbridge I''m considering a delivery service. With the help of our younger fitter PUPs I''m considering offering this service from Morrisons to the four stands of Carra. All proceeds, of course, to go to FONCY[;)]

Yeah....!

Only the true supporter will have season ticket!

Only the true supporter will have at least one NCFC tattoo - and also own an aggressive butchy an'' bitchy Staffie called Delia!

Only a true supporter will continually pump without prompt, every penny of his/her disposable income into the club!

Only a true supporter doesn''t criticise or question the club! 

Those Canary Charlatans who come out with their continual limpy-wristy and pathetic excuses for not attending Carrow Road. Who will blame their non-attendance on financial constraints, or it''s too great a travelling distance, some futile illness - or on their wishy washy work commitment....Yadda, yadda, yadda....

They aren''t misers.

But they do have the authority to tell the true support - how to spend their money....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]
So if I want to save a few quid by buying my snacks at Morrisson''s than I shall do so.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, it seems like about 15,000 of us are in Morrissons at about half 2 on a Saturday!
[/quote]

your a bit late. Im in there at 1.50.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, it seems like about 15,000 of us are in Morrissons at about half 2 on a Saturday!
[/quote]

[/quote]

We know; that is why we all go at half two

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]So if I want to save a few quid by buying my snacks at Morrisson''s than I shall do so.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Lol, it seems like about 15,000 of us are in Morrissons at about half 2 on a Saturday![/quote]

[/quote]

We know; that is why we all go at half two

[/quote][:D]

Bit of a shorts sighted policy - probably brought about by some number crunching nerd at Deloittes.I would be curious to know how much money penny pinching increases such as these will actually generate - when equalled out against the lower sales. Yep, specky boy will talk about such stuff as cross price elasticity where by the ''product'' is priced at a level where the most return is gained ie 100 pies at a pound or 50 at 2 pound.The point is any extra income should be set against the corresponding bad will and subsequent negative feeling on the part of fans. I don''t think either that it sits well with Delia''s image as the face of Waitrose (albeit a face that has spent to long in the wines and spirits dept) and the face of an organisation peddling hot coloured water in a plastic cup at £2 a throw.By all means ''pays your money and take your choice''. But also write/email the club. Let them know your feelings. Fans are happy to put their hands in their pockets to help the club, they may not be so keen to have the club putting their hands in those same pockets to help the club.We need to rise up about these costs, fight against the ever increasing price of sweets ........

................... yes, we need a Kit Ketts rebellion !

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]also a £1.50 charge for phone bookings...i book by phone as im 1 hour away from Carra Rd[Y] does take the biscuit...but im happy to put that xtra in the pot to get better players..etc etc[Y] 

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]also a £1.50 charge for phone bookings...i book by phone as im 1 hour away from Carra Rd[Y] does take the biscuit...but im happy to put that xtra in the pot to get better players..etc etc[Y] [/quote]

Then what was the problem with the club introducing that charghe when they started.Comments about these charges should be set against the view that so many other prices are being raised sharply/introduced etcTaken on their own each charge might have some exceptional merit or reason, but taken as a whole they smack of sharp practice. A misuse of the loyalty that may not exist in other suggested comparable areas.