Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Elliot Ward

He didn''t look that good against Lincoln. Obviously he isn''t match fit yet, but with Watford being a week away, there is only so long you can keep saying that. I think he is a good player, and of course I hope it works out for him at Norwich. However, on Wednesday Askou looked much better! How did Ward fair in the other friendlies? A lot of people are saying a Ward & Whitbread partership, that may end up being the case, but atm neither have proven worthy of there places yet ahead of Nels and Askou. Please convince me [:D] I am really hope I am wrong, and I will be there to see how he does against Everton tomorrow!

I think eventually it will be a Whitbread/Ward partnership at the back. As it stands I don''t honestly see Nelson''s place under threat for Friday''s game against Watford, and I would imagine Ward will partner him.

Ward started at the left of a back three against Lincoln. A different position to centre back. I don''t think he did that bad against Lincoln. Him, Askou, and Martin all got done at one point or another.

I think Lambert will start with Ward and Nelson who both did pretty well against Newcastle. I never thought I''d say that Nelson would be my first choice at Championship level but he''s done absolutely nothing to warrant being dropped so far.

Will see what we go with tomorrow I guess. My back four, left to right, would be Drury, Ward, Nelson, K. Smith.

I''m only going with K. Smith because I really don''t trust R. Martin and Smith did well at RB and is going to struggle to get into our midfield now. Even though he has done anything to warrant being dropped, I think Surman, Crofts, and Fox have shown why they should be put in.

Fair does. He wasn''t too bad at Lincoln, just that he didn''t really look sharp enough. He didn''t seem to want to close down their players either, much like OTJ. On another point I thought Askou was amazing in the air. Won about every single header, so maybe whilst Whitbread and Ward find their feet, against the tougher ''hoofer'' teams, Nels & Askou might be perfect. As long as we have quick wing backs playing!

Yeah I think with OTJ Lambert has found "adequate" cover at centre back. I don''t think he''ll ever be a starter there but Wednesday was his fourth(?) appearance at centre back this pre-season. He''s not been "Shown up" I don''t think. Albeit against lower opposition.

That was another reason for wanting K. Smith at right back. He''s quicker than R. Martin too.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Yeah I think with OTJ Lambert has found "adequate" cover at centre back. I don''t think he''ll ever be a starter there but Wednesday was his fourth(?) appearance at centre back this pre-season. He''s not been "Shown up" I don''t think. Albeit against lower opposition.

That was another reason for wanting K. Smith at right back. He''s quicker than R. Martin too.[/quote]

OTJ was ok. He didn''t half fizz his passes though! I remember one in front of us too Macca, even Messi would have struggled controlling that!

Champions...(Norwich) said: He didn''t look that good against

Lincoln
. Obviously he isn''t match fit yet, but with Watford being a week

away, there is only so long you can keep saying that. I think he is a

good player, and of course I hope it works out for him at Norwich.

However, on Wednesday Askou looked much better! How did Ward fair in the

other friendlies? A lot of people are saying a Ward & Whitbread

partership, that may end up being the case, but atm neither have proven

worthy of there places yet ahead of Nels and Askou. I am really hope I

am wrong, and I will be there to see how he does against Everton

tomorrow!
Was at Lincoln and was not at all impressed by Ward - I put it down to

lack of match fitness. Wasn''t at Carrow Rd today - apart from his

mistake for the first goal, how did you rate him overall, assuming you

were there?

Wasn''t bad today, although I can see what the Coventry fans meant when they said he pi55es about with the ball when a good old fashioned hoof would do the trick (2nd Everton goal)..........

Needs to get fitter, quicker and sharper in the next few days.

[quote user="GJP"]Needs to get fitter, quicker and sharper in the next few days.[/quote]

I hope Ward improves cause if he doesn''t he isn''t going to do much!

Its an insult to our current best CB Nelson to say that sicknote Whitbread and the under performing Ward will be in the team ahead of him!

Captain Holt''s Controversial Jokes...Wasn''t bad today, although I can see what the Coventry fans meant when they said he pi55es about with the ball when a good old fashioned hoof would do the trick (2nd Everton goal).........

and if he uses the good old fashioned hoof, people would criticise him for not playing or passing the ball out the Norwich way....

my mate (coventry fan) said he is really good for the first 10 games of the season but then loses his form

hope this doesn''t happen here