Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich 2, Everton 4

Is this or is this not a carbon-copy of our Premiership game against Everton from 2004/05?

[quote user="kdncfc"]Always disliked Everton ever since they let Coventry win to send us down in 85.
[/quote]I remember crying in my bedroom as that result came through... i was 12

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Sounds to me that Everton are scoring from every shot. Doesnt bode well for Ruddy. Make some saves man![/quote]

I''ll wait until I read the reports on here later before making any judgement....

Been a good game here at carrow road. Grant holt nearly scored with his first touch, wes tried to round the keeper and messed it up, Jackson didn''t connect with a number of shots - not been easy for everton whatsoever

Oli on for Martin, macnamee on for surman

[quote user="kdncfc"]The semi final defeat in 89 didn''t exactly endear them to me either.[/quote]

How about them taking Mike Walker during our golden period?

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Been a good game here at carrow road. Grant holt nearly scored with his first touch, wes tried to round the keeper and messed it up, Jackson didn''t connect with a number of shots - not been easy for everton whatsoever Oli on for Martin, macnamee on for surman[/quote]appreciate all the updates Googler[Y] thnx

Sounds good googler, at least we''ve given a good account of ourselves agains a top six prem team and it sounds as if their extra class has won through.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Jackson didn''t connect with a number of shots[/quote]Have we got another Jamie lad here? [:^)]

Adopting a very high level approach to our pre season, I''d say it seems like we''re dangerous with our front line attack, but perhaps a little leaky at the back (but I think due to an unsettled line up).

All in all, bodes well for Friday I think.

[quote user="First Jedi"]These Everton commentators are total a$$ho1es[/quote]Agreed, especially the Scottish one. Seemed reluctant to give Norwich any credit, any good Norwich move or goal was because of Everton''s sloppiness but any Everton goal caused by Norwich''s sloppiness was good play on Everton''s behalf.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]

Adopting a very high level approach to our pre season, I''d say it seems like we''re dangerous with our front line attack, but perhaps a little leaky at the back (but I think due to an unsettled line up).

All in all, bodes well for Friday I think.

[/quote]Also (the leakiness in defence) because we seem to be using a more creative player (Fox) at the base of the diamond rather than the more defensive Russell? I ask as someone who has seen none of the pre-season matches.

Another good game of football.

There''s no doubt that we''re a good side on the ball in midfield and upfront but based on the Newcastle and Everton game we don''t look as good defensively as we did last season. The 2 main areas of concern for the manager would have to be Ruddy and Ward.

Ruddy has looked quite nervous at times so far and obviously made a couple of mistakes today. Ward looks unfit and slow and you can already tell that even if he does get himself fit he''s going to be lacking pace.

Both of those 2 have got to come a fairly long way in the next few days to be ready for Watford and the proper games.

Everyone else is looking pretty good.

Just back.Very good game indeed, left with a smile on my face again.Surman and Crofts absolutely outstanding, Wes brilliant, in fact everyone looked good again. Enjoyed Nelson having digs at Beckford. A few concerns for me regarding our keeper, though maybe the occasion and his early fumble got to him.Nice surprise to see Holty on too.[:)]

Morty, after all the kerfuffle (not particularly you) would you say the game ended up being worth the £15 for adults and £10 for kids?

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]Morty, after all the kerfuffle (not particularly you) would you say the game ended up being worth the £15 for adults and £10 for kids?

Davo[/quote]I still think that had the club priced it better, ie maybe a fiver for kids, we would have had a much bigger crowd than we did today.I enjoyed the game a lot though, I was happy with my ticket price, just not the kids.