Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Wes "better then maradonna" Hoolahan

He has been back to his best in the two pre season games I have seen him in, if thats the case with his contract I hope they sort it out, and soon!

It is indeed the final year of his contract, I think he''s gonna have a great season so we need him to sign as soon as possible.

Yep, first time I''ve seen him today, and he was bloody fantastic. [Y] Played sensational against an Everton team which was mostly first teamers. Well done you Irish magican. [Y]

He can''t play on his right foot though. Until he puts in effort, he will be just an average champs player.

[quote user="Thorny"]He can''t play on his right foot though. Until he puts in effort, he will be just an average champs player.[/quote]

Rather have a one footed Wes who sets out to entertain and create than some ''up and down'' plodder. When was the last time you saw a certain ACole use his right foot? Wait a few weeks though and once again the Premier League obsessed media will be drooling and hyping about ....''the best full back in the world'' 

[quote user="Thorny"]He can''t play on his right foot though. Until he puts in effort, he will be just an average champs player.[/quote]

He is better than average. But i admit if he was right footed also he would be playing for a prem team. [y]

The excellent new midfield trio will allow Wes to work his magic without being the only option so he ought to get more freedom than he did with the man-to-man marking he saw every week last season

[quote user="Thorny"]He can''t play on his right foot though. Until he puts in effort, he will be just an average champs player.[/quote]By effort I take it you mean running around like a headless twat with no positional sense or technical ability? And they wonder why the English national team struggles [:|]

Shack, If you care to also high-light the sentance prior to the piece you point out - you will get my point! Talk about reading what you want to! "Doooooh" isn''t a word but suitable for you there.

I''ll write it out for you - "He cannot play with his right foot - until he can, he will be an average championship player". From that I mean, he constantly has to put the ball on his left peg before he can do his businesss. When he does great but that is the flaw! HE has to learn to use the other peg more and he will then become a great player, until then...

Headless chickens btw? Hughes went to Leeds a few seasons back.

[quote user="Thorny"]Shack, If you care to also high-light the sentance prior to the piece you point out - you will get my point! Talk about reading what you want to! "Doooooh" isn''t a word but suitable for you there. I''ll write it out for you - "He cannot play with his right foot - until he can, he will be an average championship player". From that I mean, he constantly has to put the ball on his left peg before he can do his businesss. When he does great but that is the flaw! HE has to learn to use the other peg more and he will then become a great player, until then... Headless chickens btw? Hughes went to Leeds a few seasons back.[/quote]

Hes 28 theres not much hes going to learn now and he certainly is not going to start using his right foot anymore. I swear some city fans need to wear white jackets, to put average and hoolahan in the same sentance is complete lunacy. Wes constantly pulls off things average players simply cant. Were very lucky to have such a talent! i just wish all fans could be more appreciative of his talents and give him the level of support he deserves and make him a fans favourite like holty. We need to make this guy want to stay beyond next summer.