Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I've had enough of 'Him'!.

I''ve tried, I really have, to support Worthy, especially after last season, but I''ve had enough of him now!.

I thought I had ''cooled'' down after Saturday''s disgraceful performance, but alas, no. He''s got to go!.

I''m fed up with his usual excuses, he''s the manager after all, so he carries the can in my book. We''re playing with the big boys now, and we need a big boy to manage us.

He''s taken the club, IMO, as far as he can, and I''ll do all I can in my dark dungeon, casting potent spells to see that this come''s true!.

I know the board will back him publicly, because, they can''t afford to sack him, lack of finances being the main reason. (although I''ve never believed that old chestnut!) 

But, there will come a time, and very soon I hope, when their heads will also be on the ''old block'', then they will act as every other board does, revert to type, and blame the manager. Only this time, they will be partly correct.

Nigel Worthington: Your day''s as City manager are numbered in  but. a few short weeks, do the decent and honourable thing, resign now!.

Or are you that conceited and hard up?.  

I cant see what the difference is between Worthy being manager now and how he was at the end of last season?

He has always been tactically naive, prone to playing his personal favourites in preference to more talented alternatives, hit and miss in the transfer market and poor in his use of subs. Whats changed?

In the summer he was lauded a genius and now, 6 months later, the calls have started for him to leave. The only difference is that instead of winning games in an easy league we are losing them in a tough one. Again who did not expect this in May - only those fools who had no sense of reality. Even 18th will be an acheivement and 17th a near miracle and always has been since we got promoted. What is clear is we are not a million miles away from survival.

He struggled when he first came to us in Div 1 as he adjusted to managing a team a level above his experience. It is the same now - just like the players he is not up to premier standard - yet.

What would city gain by sacking him? A hit in the pocket financially so less transfer kitty, more uncertainty amongst players and probably a new round of new formations or style of play. We may geta short term increase in effort as they try to impress the new boss but that is the one thing this whole squad does not lack - effort. Worthy has not lost the players, as was the case with Megson.

Is a better alternative to look to get some tactical assistance for Worthy to get the best out of him - a 6 month signing of Robson/Strachan etc to give some of their knowledge and experience and increase Worthys learning curve.

OTBC

OK, so who would you appoint instead?

"Glory supporter"

I''d rather see people like you leave the club than the most successful manager we''ve had in a decade.

Looks like we are haveing a short term memory block here.

Boo Boys are in the minority at this club and we can do without your negative input.

Why don''t you start getting behind the team (which BTW includes the management) What could Worthy do? We have lost 5 times, not as many as some, and been unlucky on more than one occasion to not get a win.

This league was never gonna be a walk in the prk.
Why don''t you go and join our friends down the road if this is the kind of supporter you are!!!!

Yep - guy gets us to the Play-off final, couple of years later wins us the title - back in the top flight after 9 years.

13 games in having lost less games than Spurs, Fulham and all our relegation battle pals, OK we haven''t won yet - but perhaps a little hasty on your part wizard?

I still have a lot of faith in worthy - more than I have in Jonson or Holt.  Changing the man in charge at this time is NOT the option.

I love your posts Wiz.  They are great.  But I don''t agree with you on this one.  We have got to stick with Worthy.  He''s still the best man for the job.  Say we did get rid of him.  Who would we get?  Hoddle?  Robson?  Strachen?  MEGSON??  God, I shouldn''t even joke!  The chances are though that we would promote Livermore or Foley because we seem to love doing that!  There is nobody who has a better chance of keeping us up than Worthy.

No, Worthy needs our support and backing

Redknapp resigns as Portsmouth boss.

Portsmouth appoint Worthignton as manager.

Norwich apoint Redknapp as manager.

We can all dream

why dont we just ignore this? he obviously doesn''t know much of what he is talking about on this particular subject

worthy may have his flaws, but two things: firstly look what he has done for us, and as already said he is still the same manager with the same manager. Secondly who would you get instead. No i didnt think there was anyone....

I agree with you Wizzard mate, I guess I was wrong about you (bloody newbies!!!!!) For me it got to that stage last week after the blackburn match. I wasnt expecting a win Saturday but I didnt think we would go down the way we did. The players are not performing on the pitch. The seem to lack that competitive edge which other teams seem to have. We have also not been performing for 90 minutes which i know has been said before but still is yet to be addressed. At the end of the day it all comes down to the management team. They are getting payed and payed well to get the best out of the players at their disposal. It is not happening. As I and many other on here have said: Worthington performed a great feat in getting us here but he has ran out of ideas and now excuses. It is the same thing every week.''showing good work ethic'' ''honesty'' etc and ''it will come'' but it hasnt come. I feel his time has come and now gone and we should bring in some new blood on the coaching side of things to stir the players up.

As for Pauly H. you gotta respect peoples opinions mate. Just because we want to see our club perform well and can see that the management team have ran out of ideas doesnt mean we are glory supporters. I have been a canary since i was 6 and my old man took me to my first match back in 87, so i wouldnt call myself a glory supporter as ive seen the hard times. I just wanna enjoy the goodtimes again for more than one season. At this rate with this managment team is all we are gonna get.

Thanks for backing me up guys. BTW nice to meet you on the tube on sat Stella. Nice to meet a canary that talks some sence

[quote]"Glory supporter" I''d rather see people like you leave the club than the most successful manager we''ve had in a decade. Looks like we are haveing a short term memory block here. Boo Boys are in th...[/quote]

I''ll put my 49 years of ACTIVE support. ie. through the bloody turnstiles mate, against yours, any day Paul!.

I''ve seen good times and bad times supporting City, but I''m still here, glory hunter?, yeah right. 

Don''t you dare suggest to me that I go and support ''them'' down the road, just grow up!.

Why good afternoon Wiz..... sir,

Begging your pardon oh powerful one, but you know all too well that myself and Igor, both support his majesty, King Worthy I...

Although we are more than overwhelmed that you have once again decided to use your deepest and darkest powers against members of the club, we seek of you to spare our King and Saviour and perhaps aim your potent energies at various members of the board?

We most graciously await your reply...

p-s Queer Eye for a Straight Guy are coming over on thursday night, so make sure your end of the dungeon is looking "straight"... that means no whips and chains on show... we''ve already taken down our furry, fluro pink, plush pile curtains...

anyone, who is saying worthy out now obviously has a brain missing or something. He may be having a few problems but he''s still the right man for the job. Back to a previous point who would replace him? joe royle? come on people use your brains get behind him and the boys, the wins will start coming

First it was the Board not supporting him with lots of money, and now it is the managers fault. Is this a wind-up.

Personally I think he should stay and if the worst happens at the end of the season then I believe he is the right man to bring us back up. If he acheives this as per Megson at WBA and still we struggle next time in the Premiership then and then only should he be given the push.

He has brought the club a long way in a short time and I feel Nigel has the ability to turn us into a regular mid-table Premiership side just maybe not this season.

Not sure that I agree with you Wiz, but the time will come when he has no option to go. How many more home games before the "populous" turns on him. The boos at Blackburn were a start. Nobody will remember the good things that he did for the club if at the end of it all he has left a sour taste in everybody''s mouth.

I''d have to say I''m more with Zipper on this one. Worthy has to be given a chance to sort it out. The big question to Zip and the rest of you is how much of a chance is he given?

Do you give him until Christmas to sort it out or will that be too long to have things in a state?

It seems so strange to be saying this after the start that City had on it''s return to the big time.

Palace 1-1 start.
Man U 1-2 away not that we didn''t expect that.
Newcastle 2-2 away - an unexpected bonus.
Arsenal 1-4 home which was no less than was deserved or expected.
Spurs 0-0 away another bonus.
Villa 0-0 home in a game they should have won.
Bristol R 1-0 home - uggh, time to impose Premiership credentials, but ooops!
Liverpool 0-3 away - again a result we all would have expected.
Portsmouth 2-2 home - a game for the taking again. Cracks starting to appear.
West Brom 0-0 away - oh dear.
Everton 2-3 home - another home game that slipped away from us.
Man City 1-1 away - a game for the taking again, although the "Hand of Flem" worked in our favour.
Blackburn 1-1 home - ack!!! Lost our way completely against 10 men with the supporters seeing the problems that were so blatantly obvious.
Charlton 0-4 away - stuffed like turkeys by the team the board wants to model ourselves on.

At what point in this list of fixtures did cracks in Worthy''s team and man management start to appear?

Bristol Rovers, perhaps and the lack of spine in trying out some of the other squad members. 

Imo I don''t think it would be right to sack Worthy cos as previous posters have said , who would u replace him with ? I never thought it would be easy this season but I did at least expect us to win some games. We had a hard start but there has now been a few games we could reasonably expect to win and still no win. It is a false economy to not invest enough in the team in the hope that we''ll bounce back if we go down but what happens if we don''t come back quickly? Answer - we''ll be in bigger trouble than we''ve ever been. The argument that the money isn''t there cuts no ice as far as I''m concerned as theres the small matter of 35 million we will end up getting for our one season in the prem. Definitely too much prudence and too little ambition imo.

Unfortunately I tend to agree with ZLF. What the best answer is I don''t know but I hope that one is found quickly.

[quote]Why good afternoon Wiz..... sir, Begging your pardon oh powerful one, but you know all too well that myself and Igor, both support his majesty, King Worthy I... Although we are more than overwhelmed...[/quote]

Afternoon Norm, I must protest most loudly, I love them pink plush pile curtains, and Igor keeps ''cooing'' at them!.

And despite your eloquent request, the handcuffs and chains stay, you didn''t complain about them last time, did you?.

And the spell stays too, sorry my friend.

I look forward to your next visit to the dungeon, Igor''s taken quite a shine to you!.

"I think, therefore I thunked!"

What the hoola-hoop is happening now guys & gals?  Everyone''s getting a bit ''ratty & catty''. Where''s  Yankee when you need him?

Worthy should stay, but requires some assistance in his tactics etc, etc. I happen to notice, that a certain Mr Rioch attends the majority of our home games, residing in the ''raucous'' City Stand. (I think he enjoys the peace and serenity)...

Someone like him, in an advisory capacity perhaps? He wasn''t a bad manager in his time here was he?  

Its'' better than suffering the repercussions and upheaval of sacking Worthy, who in my opinion, is lacking just slightly in the man- management and tactical knowhow department (we all have our weaknesses!) mine''s pies & Guinness.. 

Just a thought...... OTBC ;~)

The last two results were very bad, the 11 before that were not so bad, therefore I don''t think it is time to sack the manager. In my humble opinion this will not have the desired effect, it''s the easy option sometimes and should not be considered for a few more games. As for suggesting bringing back Mike Walker - have you been on the funny fags?  

[quote]I love your posts Wiz. They are great. But I don''t agree with you on this one. We have got to stick with Worthy. He''s still the best man for the job. Say we did get rid of him. Who would we get?...[/quote]

IMO for what its worth we have no choice but to keep worthy, so far he has proved that he hasn''t got what it takes to motivate the team to play for 90 mins - he continually plays men out of position, and his tactics (negative overall) are beginning to be found out at this level

however, if we are to get rid of him, first how would we pay him off considering his long contract and who is available to replace him?  As far as i can see there is no one any better - do we really want megson back?  The only manager who would come here is a) a failure somewhere similar or b) someone up and coming from a lower league, essentially another worthy

what can we do at this stage?  hope that finally the coaching team can begin to work out how to counter the faults we have, considering we are not going to sign anyone who will be any better than our present squad, come on, we all know we aren''t going to sign anyone of any real quality don''t we?

so back to the drawing board, and to start to play how we should have done from the start of the season, on the floor, retaining possession, pass and move (and no, at present we don''t have a clue what this is!), and most importantly playing the eleven best players in that position if fully fit, something we don''t seem to have tried yet!

it won''t be easy, but we still have over half the season left, what we cannot do is keep on hoping the present team (as on saturday and before) will do the business, we have now played mid table teams we should be capable of beating at home, or getting a draw from away, we have played our fellow strugglers and not won

worthy must concentrate of what we have to do to stay up, not keep hoping his way will come right, it won''t, workrate and heart will not keep us up, starting to play football will.  We have a great coach, Dave Williams, on the payroll (coaching one of the academy sides) there already, he knows what real football is, promote him to be worthy''s number two and get the players into some sort of coaching regime, as several people have said, they should all understand offside by now!! 

i have always rated worthy for his stance with the powers that be, not his tactics, this season i don''t think he will be persuading delia and  co to reach into their back pockets, let''s face it even rooney and henry couldn''t score in our present side, we have no creativity or even a midfield!! 

i hope to see an improvement against southampton, but i fear if we don''t win that one we really have a struggle on our hands

I agree Worthy has goen as far as he can!

Keep the belief stay focused these are his usual gems!

Im sorry if he cant get the players motivated for the first 45 minutes then theres something wrong admitedly once they cross that white line its upto them?

But come on his tactics

His insistence to play playerss who are under par messers Holt & Johnson in particular

Come on time for new blood before its too late

Bring on the Flak!

Ive attended over 300 games home and away and I live 230 miles from the fine city so I believe I am entitled to the above opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am not sure how long he should get - but we will have darker days than these during the season and a longer term view needs to be taken than a simple gut over-reaction to a couple of poor results - I want and need city to be a premiership team.

I guess if its not right today to get rid of him there will probably be no stage during this season that we should be looking to get rid of him, unless he ''loses'' the players and cannot motivate them. As several others have said there are very few options as good replacements which was why I suggested getting some support in - Jim Smith at Portsmouth is huegly influential with ''arry and a similar partnership could get those naive decisions out of Worthys system before the club pays the price with relegation. All I do know is that Alan Curbishley got the addicks promoted then relegated and was kept faith with during some poor seasons and is now hugely in demand. Short-termism is the cheapest thing I ever bought.

There is no easy decision on this one - but until there is a viable alternative no good will come out of sacking Worthy.

OTBC

Merty: I''m not sure about his holiness...But I sure have ... but did you see his suggestion of George FL*PPN Burley...?don''t tell him I talked to you about this... it will only spell trouble for us both...

Had we been getting the basics right I don''t think anyone would complain.

But:

1. The signings have been poor

2. The organisation of the Team on the field is a shambles

3. Playing players out of position won''t do in the Prem

4. Passing has been woeful

5. We can only sustain good passages of play for 30 minutes or so (perhaps they do need "psycholgical training" as Normann Canary found so amusing!)

6. Persistence with underperforming players when you have others gagging to get in is strange.

In this context I can understand why people are having a go. If we did all these things above but were getting simply outplayed by superior opposition we would have no complaints. Losing to Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool is no disgrace.

But we have seen with our own eyes that some of the opposition has been there for the taking, and by getting so many fundamentals wrong we have ended up throwing away good chances of results. This is what is upsetting many.

We are not looking for miracles and we are not looking for a Champions League place. We are looking to have pride in our team and to know that the management is truly getting the best from what we have available. At the moment they are not and we are performing less than the sum of our parts.

At the moment I don''t feel a change of manager is a good idea. However ss many said regarding Iwan and Malky there is no room for sentiment in football regardless of past achievements and if those basics don''t get sorted sooner rather than later then I may change my tune.

[quote]Merty: I''m not sure about his holiness...But I sure have ... but did you see his suggestion of George FL*PPN Burley...?don''t tell him I talked to you about this... it will only spell trouble for us b...[/quote]

Norm: How could you!, especially after I turned you back into your normal self.

You know what this mean, yes?.

No more red meat for you on your next visit, and Igor''s very disappointed in you as well.

I just hope for your sake, that I can restrain him. 

CAN YOU PLEASE STAND UP AND WALK OUT!!!

Please refrain from personal insults... i wouldn''t read your thread if you called me an idiot... perhaps a little bit more tact may help to get your message accross...

Thankyou...

[quote]idiot....why cant you just get behind us instead of bein so negative!! Read my thread i think its a fair argument for worthers to stay![/quote]

can you sit down .... to whom are you referring?  it would help if you use the quote box or name people when responding to a post as i haven''t a clue who you are having a go at?