Sign in to follow this  
If wed kept Howie..

Watford team against us on friday...

Thought i''d have a quick look at the Watford team likely to be put out against us... In their final pre-season game against Charlton, they were only missing one probable starter (if he is fit, has a slight knock) - none other than Martin Taylor. Looking at the team below, i don''t think they have much to threaten us. Cowie and Graham goodish players...

Loach -

Hodson, Mariappa, Taylor?, Doyley -

Cowie, Eustace, McGinn, Buckley -

Sordell, Graham.

[quote user="If we''d kept Howie.."]i think we are a bit late to the table for Mr Taylor. Anyway - I Askou, why do we need any more cover at CB?[/quote]

[Y] Quality [:D]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]im not confident with the current CB we have at the club. although havent seen any pre season friendlys[/quote]True, nana, we might need some cover for that position... But I''m confident we''re a real match for Watford though! Let''s start with a home win and think about the CB position later ;-)

Theres 5 players in that line up that I''ve never heard of. I truely believe that we will have a fairly good idea of our standing in this division after as little as the first two matches of this season. Watford & Scunthorpe finished 5 and 6th from bottom in the championship last season, we''ll get an early indication of where we stand win,lose or draw.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

lose - could struggle

draw-mid table

win - mid table (we are only playing relegation candidates and most other teams will also beat them)

[/quote]??? one game doesn''t decide the other 45....we might win all of them yet....and then win the Premireship the next season, and then Holt and Martin will play up front for England in the Euro championship....

lose - could struggle

draw-mid table

win - mid table (we are only playing relegation candidates and most other teams will also beat them)

[/quote]

Top post  [Y]

lose - could struggle

draw-mid table

[/quote]

This is based on our defence being unconvincing although you haven''t seen them play yet, Jackson not being Grant Holt and most importantly - last season counts for everything.

Sorry but I don''t give a monkeys where a team finished last season. Its all about when they walk out onto that pitch. Everyone knows the first game is always gittery and unpredictable. Sometimes the second game can have a bit of the fall out from that.

If you are talking about gaging where we will finish then its teams like Leeds, Forest and Leicester which will be the benchmark.