Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Surman

Only seen him twice now but he looks absolute quality. I can see big things coming from him this season. Very comfortable on the ball and scored with a very nice finish against Everton.  Who, out of Paul Lamberts summer signings do you think will make the biggest impact?

[quote user="nevermind"]i reckon e. ward will do well for the first 10-15 games[/quote]

I don''t and this is either a wind up or you haven''t been to games and haven''t read peoples opinions?!

the reason i say this is because we all know that pre-season games dont count for much and we can only really judge on league performances. my friends are west ham and coventry fan and have said he will be really good at the start and then will lose form

Exactly, these friendlies mean nothing. We beat Wigan 3-2 in the final pre season friendly last season and we all know what happened next. Friday is where the performances matter!

[quote user="nevermind"]the reason i say this is because we all know that pre-season games dont count for much and we can only really judge on league performances. my friends are west ham and coventry fan and have said he will be really good at the start and then will lose form[/quote]

thats not to encouraging. We need consistant players to achieve anything.

I''d heard that as well nevermind. Hopefully we will be pushing hard for a top half finish and this will be enough to keep Ward on his toes. I think we''re going to start with Ward and Nelson and it''s up to those two to keep themselves in the team, and Askou and Whitbread to fight to get in. I really hope we can have a settled back 5 for the season.

? wait for january ...thats not gonna get us promoted. However i am still optimistic that other players can do the job if this happens

If elliot does start to drop in quality he will get axed, and it will then be up to him to earn his place back, and because competition is so high he cant dip for a second so i think that he will he consistant all season.

I think Surman and Jacko will be very good signings and make a big contribution this year, but I feel our main signings will actually be Crofts and Fox. Although I havent seen any of the friendlies, What I have heard is Fox is a defensive/holding midfielder with a great eye for passing and Crofts likes to attack. But I''ve also heard both players like to do the ''dirty jobs'' and do what others may not like to do such as break down attacks and pick up the pieces after Wes/Surman and the strikers lose the ball. I have a feeling they will also both chip in with a few goals, I just can''t wait to see them all on Friday!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Surman will be a absolutley brilliant player this season.....Only Chris Martin will be better [:D]
[/quote]

makes a change for you. You seem to to only like GH and AD

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Surman will be a absolutley brilliant player this season.....Only Chris Martin will be better [:D][/quote]

[/quote]Since when? I like nearly the whole squad, only Hughes i don''t particually like....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Surman will be a absolutley brilliant player this season.....Only Chris Martin will be better [:D]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Since when? I like nearly the whole squad, only Hughes i don''t particually like....
[/quote]

why????

Crofts'' goal yesterday was a great header. He has looked to be very much a box to box player. I''d like to get 5 goals (as a minimum target) from both Crofts and Surman. It hink it''s easily doable for them both if they can maintain the performances they''ve shown so far.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Surman will be a absolutley brilliant player this season.....Only Chris Martin will be better [:D][/quote]

[/quote]Since when? I like nearly the whole squad, only Hughes i don''t particually like....[/quote]

why????

[/quote]Because so many people seem to think hes wonderful, and he hasn''t done anything, and when i have seen him, he seems to wimp out a bit......Why don''t you belive in God, support Holland, think Messi is poor?

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Crofts'' goal yesterday was a great header. He has looked to be very much a box to box player. I''d like to get 5 goals (as a minimum target) from both Crofts and Surman. It hink it''s easily doable for them both if they can maintain the performances they''ve shown so far.[/quote]

25 from the midfielders and 40 from the strikers. thats a nice 65 goals. maybe a few from defenders

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Crofts'' goal yesterday was a great header. He has looked to be very much a box to box player. I''d like to get 5 goals (as a minimum target) from both Crofts and Surman. It hink it''s easily doable for them both if they can maintain the performances they''ve shown so far.[/quote]

25 from the midfielders and 40 from the strikers. thats a nice 65 goals. maybe a few from defenders

[/quote]

No thats not the best target.

Normally its something like 40 from the front two, 30-40 from midfield, and 10-20 from your defence - thats the target, what is acceptable is something else.

You really want your attacking midfield players to be hitting around ten a season. Think Fabregas and Lampard in the prem.

As for Lambert''s signings, after seeing the Newcastle game it is hard to see who will be the most influential because of those on show, all of them displayed why they had been signed. Surman is classy, Fox plays nicely infront of the back four reading play well and intercepting balls, collecting passes of our back four and generally spreading the passing nicely a bit like Crook used to. Crofts is the hustle bustle, I can see him and Surman being swapped around if one full back is more physical than the other - not that Surman is a soft touch by any stretch of the imagination. There is more to Crofts game than dogged determination, his passing was pretty neat.

Don''t understand the issue people have with Ward. How many games has he played with the other defenders so far? From what I saw he prefers to play it out from the back and he is a man mountain of a player for players to have to get past.

Again I don''t give a monkeys about what a player did or didn''t do last season at another club. I only care about what he does at our club. I trust in Lambert and as he has shown he is prepared to chop and change things as and when needed.

As for Wiz''s rant on Holt. Perhaps he is fit, but just being rapped up in cotten wool after all its not that long ago he had surgery.

To be typically Norwich, Surman will be fantastic for us, helping us to win matches and scoring goals himself, making his so-called £1m fee look an absolute bargain.  Then he will get badly injured and miss the rest of the season!!

In all seriousness, the biggest difference for me this season is that it looks like we will have goals in it.  If we dis-count Hoolahan as a midfielder, last season we won the title yet Lappin, Russell and Smith scored somthing like 6 in total between them.  Crofts, Surman and Fox could possibly get something like 15 between them.  We need this as can''t keep relying on the front 3 to score.  The more goalscorers we have in a team, the more likely we are to win matches.

On the subject of Fox, I think he will take free-kicks in and around the box, Mulryne style, while C Martin is probably more the long range free-kick taker, ie, 25+ yards that are pretty central.  If I remember rightly it was Fox who scored one against us for Colchester last year...  the free-kick at the River End which Theoklitos waved a hand at.  Hopefully that''s something Fox can do regularly for us!

wasn''t particularly impressed with Surman at Stevenage, but then played loads better against Newcastle and obviously scored a good goal v. Everton.

Will reserve judgement on all players till after the Watford game I think.

Surman has got pin point passes he has very good composure on the ball and did get a nice goal against Everton. I also am impressed with David Fox as he can play the Darrell Russell role very well and unlike Russell ha can actually get a pass on target. Andrew Crofts looks like a ball winning midfielder as he puts allot of pressure on the man in possesion. But out of all of the 3 new midfielders I think Paul Lambert done a very very good job to have got Surman in for us