Sign in to follow this  
ca

Another change at the ticket office

Old news I am afraid, the price of plastic has rocketed!

If the club dont allow any refunds think there may be a few more ticket sales on here!!!

The club needs money.The club knows it can sell out each home game.The club is therefore encouraging people who aren''t 100% certain they can attend not to buy tickets, so those who are 100% certain they can attend can buy them.  It''s simple business sense.If you get ill, or sick, or stuck away from home somewhere - to be honest, that''s bad luck but the club shouldn''t have to pay for your bad luck.  They could have sold your seat to someone else at full price, so refunding you takes money back out of the club.

So we know have to deal with:-

1) £50 penalty if you lose your ST

2) £1.50 booking fee for tickets

3) No refunds

4) Overpriced tickets such as the 2 friendlies and the Watford game.#

My love of football and NCFC has started to fade in recent seasons and these changes are just adding the finishing touches. I love supporting a nice family club that puts its fans first, if this is the future of NCFC you can keep it.

*stands back and waits for the f*** off we dont need fans like you comments to begin.

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]So we know have to deal with:-

1) £50 penalty if you lose your ST

3) No refunds

4) Overpriced tickets such as the 2 friendlies and the Watford game.#

My love of football and NCFC has started to fade in recent seasons and these changes are just adding the finishing touches. I love supporting a nice family club that puts its fans first, if this is the future of NCFC you can keep it.

*stands back and waits for the f*** off we dont need fans like you comments to begin.[/quote]Which is fine as long as there are 27,500 fans who are happy to accept the rules and buy tickets.It is a family club, yes.  It''s also a business and without a mega-rich sugar daddy, we can''t have it both ways: we need to get "professional" and maximise income to pay down our enormous debt.It would be worth exploring whether what we''re doing is the same as other Prem/Championship clubs.  I doubt we''re going it alone, somehow.

I am with the club in that a full refund shouldnt be available, You are wasting their time! I do think there should just be a nominla charge as long as they can resell the ticket..lets say £2 per ticket. If they cant resell there should be NO REFUND

"1) £50 penalty if you lose your ST

3) No refunds

4) Overpriced tickets such as the 2 friendlies and the Watford game"

To be honest this just brings us into line with most other clubs of our size at our level. League 1 Saints are charging a £3 booking fee this year.

In regards to no refunds the club don''t have to give us one as tickets aren''t covered by the various legal acts. Agree we should be told about the change, but does seem a bit like a bit of moaning because we aren''t aware of what we are buying and how we are covered - really comes down to us taking responsibility and knowing what we are doing rather than just blaming the club. Another case of the modern curse of ''it can''t be my fault - nobody told me'' even when the facts are out there in everyday circulation.

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]So we know have to deal with:- 1) £50 penalty if you lose your ST 2) £1.50 booking fee for tickets 3) No refunds 4) Overpriced tickets such as the 2 friendlies and the Watford game.# My love of football and NCFC has started to fade in recent seasons and these changes are just adding the finishing touches. I love supporting a nice family club that puts its fans first, if this is the future of NCFC you can keep it. *stands back and waits for the f*** off we dont need fans like you comments to begin.[/quote]

1.  The system of free replacements for s.tickets was open to abuse- i wonder how many "lost" tickets were strangely found again and used by someone else?  The £50 charge will dissuade people from going down that route.

2.  No booking fee if you buy in person and it`s negligable if you buy several tickets at once.

3.  This does look quite draconian, but i assume the club were losing quite alot by people returning tickets which couldn`t be resold.  I have to say that if someone honestly doesn`t know enough people to be able to sell a ticket on if they get sick or whatever, they really need to get out more!

4.  What about the underpriced tickets for the Gillingham game?  What about the still ridiculously cheap kids s.tickets?

The club is £20m in debt, made a £5m loss yet is still backing a good manager by buying players rather than selling them- which lead to our relegation.  It is trying to maximise income from other sources so it doesn`t have to sell players.  Surely that is something worth celebrating and paying a bit more for?  Support is a two-way thing and i suggest you look at this from the clubs perspective.

It does appear that the tag '' Nice little old Norwich'' is quickly being buried by the new regime, is it a good or bad thing? Gawd knows.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/dunno.gif[/img]

May have already been mentioned but does anyone know how it works for away season ticket holders? I''m assuming nothing changes and we are still allowed to send back our maximum of 5 tickets per season even after they have been debited from our account? Or do we need to let them know in advance, which isn''t easy when you''re having to wangle days off at work?

Ill just put up and shut up and follow the club blindly without having an opinion - it seems to be the standard comment these days from the majority.

Football fans - never cease to amaze me.

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]Ill just put up and shut up and follow the club blindly without having an opinion - it seems to be the standard comment these days from the majority.

Football fans - never cease to amaze me.[/quote]Wow, way to get a bit snippy because people have a different opinion to you.[Y]

City Angel can I ask roughly how long it was before the game that you returned your two Away tickets? Now if it was me I would either wait as long as possible to see if I recovered, or if I had come down with something the day before then I would return it then?

I''m guess what I''m getting at is that for away games it''s a commitment that people tend to take in advance, I don''t think there are many people who will travel to the likes of Preston on a whim.

Given that if tickets are returned only a couple of days before it would be hard for the club to sell them? Especially if it''s already known that the tickets have sold out?

I''m not having a go, I think that if the club sell your ticket you should get a refund, much like you do with your ST but I also think that there should be a cut off before away games to give the club enough time to not only sell them but to also post them. Not all fans can get to Norwich midweek to pick up tickets.

Davo

[quote user="First Wizard"]It does appear that the tag '' Nice little old Norwich'' is quickly being buried by the new regime, is it a good or bad thing? Gawd knows.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/dunno.gif[/img][/quote]

It''s what we wanted last summer. We are just finding out that the grass isn''t always greener on the other side. (as usual!!) The alternative to this is to consoilidate at an affordable level. That''s not ambition.

TBH I think this is just the start. At some point, if we remain ambitious, the club is going to have to make changes to the "affordable family football" orientated season tickets. A good start would be to get rid of some of the ridiculous concessions. But then they will need to put their tin hats on because world war three will break out!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Lucky Nine"]Ill just put up and shut up and follow the club blindly without having an opinion - it seems to be the standard comment these days from the majority.

Football fans - never cease to amaze me.[/quote]Wow, way to get a bit snippy because people have a different opinion to you.[Y][/quote]

Sorry - that as not meant to sound as it reads. I just get a bit fed up with some of the sheep on here who back the club in everything they do.

Even if the club doubled the cost of season tickets "it would be for our on good!"

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]Ill just put up and shut up and follow the club blindly without having an opinion - it seems to be the standard comment these days from the majority. Football fans - never cease to amaze me.[/quote]

I`m not sure who you`re refering to, but i put the other side of the argument to the points you raised- i never said you shouldn`t have an opinion.  And i`ve posted plenty of opinions criticising the running of the club over the last few years and several posters seem to really hate me for it!

All i`m saying is that the clubs previous approach didn`t work, we sold the family silver, got relegated and were close to going bust.  The new regime showed ambition from the word go and it worked.  They are continuing to build on that by investing an amazing amount in the team considering our financial position.  Now it`s time for the supporters to step up to the plate and pay a little bit more imo, as a "reward" for the more pro-active approach the club is taking, and with the anticipation of better and more successful footy on the pitch.

[quote user="Davo"]City Angel can I ask roughly how long it was before the game that you returned your two Away tickets? Now if it was me I would either wait as long as possible to see if I recovered, or if I had come down with something the day before then I would return it then? I''m guess what I''m getting at is that for away games it''s a commitment that people tend to take in advance, I don''t think there are many people who will travel to the likes of Preston on a whim. Given that if tickets are returned only a couple of days before it would be hard for the club to sell them? Especially if it''s already known that the tickets have sold out? I''m not having a go, I think that if the club sell your ticket you should get a refund, much like you do with your ST but I also think that there should be a cut off before away games to give the club enough time to not only sell them but to also post them. Not all fans can get to Norwich midweek to pick up tickets. Davo[/quote]

One time I had an asthma attack on the Monday before the game and was put on a nasty course of steroid tablets so knew I wouldn''t be able to  go to the game on the Sat, rang the club and posted them back to them so they would have got them Wednesday ish. The other time my friend couldn''t make it so we returned our tickets on the Friday morning which I concede may have been too late to sell them to someone else

I agree if they can''t resell them then maybe no refund, but if they do then its a bit harsh not to give one.

I have my season ticket for home games but think for people who buy casual tickets in advance and can''t make it, there should be a cut off point say like Thursday at 12 ehivh gives them ample time to resell them ??

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]Ill just put up and shut up and follow the club blindly without having an opinion - it seems to be the standard comment these days from the majority.

Football fans - never cease to amaze me.[/quote]No, my opinion was that the club''s behaviour is fair enough.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]Ill just put up and shut up and follow the club blindly without having an opinion - it seems to be the standard comment these days from the majority. Football fans - never cease to amaze me.[/quote]

I`m not sure who you`re refering to, but i put the other side of the argument to the points you raised- i never said you shouldn`t have an opinion.  And i`ve posted plenty of opinions criticising the running of the club over the last few years and several posters seem to really hate me for it!

All i`m saying is that the clubs previous approach didn`t work, we sold the family silver, got relegated and were close to going bust.  The new regime showed ambition from the word go and it worked.  They are continuing to build on that by investing an amazing amount in the team considering our financial position.  Now it`s time for the supporters to step up to the plate and pay a little bit more imo, as a "reward" for the more pro-active approach the club is taking, and with the anticipation of better and more successful footy on the pitch.

[/quote]Put more eloquently than I could manage.

City Angel I think Thursday before 12 would be good for home games. It would then allow an announcement on the website of how many tickets are left for the Friday and any handed back can be resold say from 9am on the Friday. So if I as someone who lives 200 miles away or even someone who lives somewhere like Kings Lynn doesn''t have to make the journey on the off chance. Not that I would travel all the way to Norwich just in the hope of getting a ticket but you know what I mean.

I don''t really know the logistics of all this though as the only ticket office experience I have was at the NEC and all the tickets tehre are "non-refundable" iirc.

Davo

Someone asked what they do at other clubs

This what they do at Ipswich re returning tickets, booking fees, lost season tickets

[quote1) Booking fees

Anyone paying tickets using a card to pay with, in person, or on phone is subject to a booking fee, except

Home tickets - £1 per booking is charged  BUT No booking fees for Season Ticket Holders and club members (Silver card)

Away - £1 per ticket is charged -  BUT No Booking fees for members  Silver and Gold.or Season Ticket Holders Gold 

2) On a matchday, reprinting a forgotten season ticket as a paper one for the one match is a £5 charge, Reprinting a new Season Ticket Card the charge is £10.

3) Home games, as long as the ticket is back in our possession before kick off, we give a full refund.

Away games,  We prefer the tickets to be back before we reconcile our sales 5 days prior to the fixture, but we do try and help so usually accept them back up to midday on the day before the game. We give a full refund

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]It does appear that the tag '' Nice little old Norwich'' is quickly being buried by the new regime, is it a good or bad thing? Gawd knows.[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/dunno.gif[/img][/quote]

It''s what we wanted last summer. We are just finding out that the grass isn''t always greener on the other side. (as usual!!) The alternative to this is to consoilidate at an affordable level. That''s not ambition.

TBH I think this is just the start. At some point, if we remain ambitious, the club is going to have to make changes to the "affordable family football" orientated season tickets. A good start would be to get rid of some of the ridiculous concessions. But then they will need to put their tin hats on because world war three will break out!

[/quote]I''ve posted twice about similar, and you have now Nutty.  But there seems no takers in the debate.  I''m sure us fans are in for a nasty shock in a season or two.  And they''ll be threads galore on how their ''early discount/concession" is virtually chuff all.

I''m sorry if I don''t go with the majority here who seem to think £1 here and £1.50 there is a lot.  At the end of the day I would sooner pay an extra £10 or £20 on my ST and incur smaller charges and have a team worth supporting from a club with ambition, than pay a smaller amount and get a shitty team with shitty ambitions.

You want good football at a decent level, then you have to pay for it.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I''m sorry if I don''t go with the majority here who seem to think £1 here and £1.50 there is a lot.  At the end of the day I would sooner pay an extra £10 or £20 on my ST and incur smaller charges and have a team worth supporting from a club with ambition, than pay a smaller amount and get a shitty team with shitty ambitions.

[/quote]

Don''t you think though WAY that £50 to replace a season ticket is excessive when other clubs can do it for £10 and make a profit, not that I''ve ever lost mine. Also don''t you think its tough if you''re poorly that you can''t get a refund for an away ticket if you return it several days before the game?

I  renewed my season ticket for 3 years this time to help them out a little bit financially this season, surely it has to cut both ways?

"Supporters wishing to join the season ticket waiting list can

do so now for £50, or £10 for under 16s, by contacing the ticket office

on 0844 826 1902 or in person at Carrow Road"

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10355,00.html

Is this a new fee too?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Don''t you think though WAY that £50 to replace a season ticket is excessive when other clubs can do it for £10 and make a profit, not that I''ve ever lost mine. Also don''t you think its tough if you''re poorly that you can''t get a refund for an away ticket if you return it several days before the game?

I  renewed my season ticket for 3 years this time to help them out a little bit financially this season, surely it has to cut both ways?

[/quote]

Not at all, it just teaches people to be careful what they do with their ST''s.  You don''t go out and buy an expensive £400 watch and the lose it, so why should a £400 ST be any different?  I would imagine that if your ST was stolen and you had a crime number to prove it was stolen or reported stolen the club would be more lenient.  I have had a season ticket for years and never lost it, I always keep it safe.  If I carried over £400 in cash around id blooming look after that in the same way hahaha.

As for the away tickets, if I have been too ill to go years past then I have always been lucky and been able to sell it on privately for cost so not lost out, the club  is finally being run the way we''ve cried out for for years and people still moan lol.  I think they could be a little more flexible with returning tickets, but it''s their new policy and people will accept it or wont.  It''s the way of the world.

For too long we''ve had it too good, now we are experiencing what it''s like to be a fan of a properly run football club and a business.

If people have beef  with the club about the cost of reprinting and reissuing a new ST then I suggest they write to the club and ask them to explain exactly why the price is set as it is.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CA i posted what Richard Gough told me with regard to the thinking and reasoning behind the £50 reprint a couple of weeks ago on the thread that was all about this subject.Each case is judged on its merits and is not a £50 take it or leave approach.I am sure you can find my post if you did not see it so that i do not have to repeat myself.

Without sounding as though i am defending the Club''s actions over ticket returns i will just ask you this question...........If you booked tickets online for say a concert at the O2 arena and were then taken ill a couple of days before,would you get a refund?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CA i posted what Richard Gough told me with regard to the thinking and reasoning behind the £50 reprint a couple of weeks ago on the thread that was all about this subject.Each case is judged on its merits and is not a £50 take it or leave approach.I am sure you can find my post if you did not see it so that i do not have to repeat myself.

Without sounding as though i am defending the Club''s actions over ticket returns i will just ask you this question...........If you booked tickets online for say a concert at the O2 arena and were then taken ill a couple of days before,would you get a refund?

[/quote]Of course you wouldn''t Tilly.  You would either have to offload them on to one of your friends, or alternatively make the decision on whther your illness was enough to prevent you going or not.I guess that for some matches the inclination to stay away if you were ill is far higher than others???

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

For too long we''ve had it too good, now we are experiencing what it''s like to be a fan of a properly run football club and a business.[/quote]

I can''t disagree with that [:D] guess we''ve been spoilt in the past.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I haven''t bought any tickets for concerts for a few years Tilly so wouldn''t know but I get your drift, as I''ve said above maybe we''ve just been spoilt in the past and you know what its like when you get old, its hard to accept change. I''ve now found your previous post on the subject so thanks for that.