Sign in to follow this  
ca

Another change at the ticket office

Last season and seasons before if you bought a ticket for a game in advance and then for whatever reason couldn''t make it you could return the ticket to them anytime the week before (or up to 12 on the Saturday) and get a refund.

This season if you buy a home ticket, away ticket or cup ticket for yourself or a freind and can''t make it there will be no refund given.

Now I haven''t had to return tickets too often, bought a couple for friends last season who were staying with us and they couldn''t travel due to illness and I''ve returned an away ticket when I had a virus and couldn''t go, so posted them back a couple of days before the game  and they refunded my card but if it happens this year you''re stuck trying to sell the tickets on or you''ll lose your money.

Turning into Man utd, more of a business then a football team, i can remember at their ground tour, there was a 4 year waiting list at crazy prices to get married at old trafford. Spose we are in debt though...

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Bit of a shame - maybe they can change the rules on here for re-selling tickets then, as it''d be the best place to get rid of them if you suddenly can''t go to a game for any reason. [/quote]agreed. just told a friend to return 2 tickets for the gillingham game. now she is stuck with them.

[quote user="Bruces Header"]Does anyone know how much you get if you sell your season ticket back to the club for a game?[/quote]I think its a paltry amount like a fiver or a tenner (not sure though) AND you only get it if they can resell the seat AND its actually a credit against next season''s ticket, as opposed to actual cash.

This is a nonsense as i''m not too sure of the rules about using a ticket with someone else''s name on it. It''s not as if the club could not sell the wretched thing given the demand.Taken with the steep rise in goods at CR this smacks of petty opportunism. Non of these measures taken together will make a jot of difference, financially, in the long run, What they will do is alienate supporters and erode that ''family club'' image that NCFC likes to promote.It is not a case of ''you pays your money you takes your choice'' either.Many fans affected here would be the first to chuck money into the blanket were we ever to reach such a stage. We don''t need to be abused because of our support.Taking a business approach is fine, taking the pi** is not.

who''s right Nutty or Angle...theres only one way to find out

[IMG]http://media.photobucket.com/image/harry%20hill%20fight/lodgey180/HarryHill_fight.jpg[/IMG]

If you had the chance to return your ticket refused Angel, I''d print that customer charter out and take it to them. They can''t argue if they haven''t posted an update anywhere.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gP7ZH035B48/St-_8ckN4WI/AAAAAAAABZY/_B54u-2Si5c/s320/HarryHill_fight.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s not what it say''s here Angel.

[/quote]

I guess they haven''t updated it then Nutty as I''ve just been to the ticket office to return 1 Everton ticket which they did refund as its a friendly game but the guy who served me went to pains to tell me that the rules for next season have changed and there will be NO MORE ticket refunds.

I asked him why this was and he said its new rules brought in for next season

Well that sucks. As it stands though, unless they print out new terms and conditions or "publish" them, then I''m pretty sure that charter should still stand.

I really do think they should have a week cut off point. Just say no refunds under a week before the game. I think that''s fair enough.

This is just going to result in more tickets in other people''s names which the club should be trying to avoid.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gP7ZH035B48/St-_8ckN4WI/AAAAAAAABZY/_B54u-2Si5c/s320/HarryHill_fight.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote][/quote]

Now there''s nothing to settle young Narna... Angel posted what she was told and I pointed her to the charter because I remembered reading about it this morning. If  it''s fighting you''re after Mr Carrow is trying to get one going for after the Watford game on this thread. I''m thinking of going to that[;)]

Angel - that charter was posted on 16th June this year so it can''t be that much out of date. Although it does say all ticket refunds are at the discretion of the club. However, if it''s now a policy not to give refunds then the "in the usual instance..." is wrong.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Angel - that charter was posted on 16th June this year so it can''t be that much out of date. Although it does say all ticket refunds are at the discretion of the club. However, if it''s now a policy not to give refunds then the "in the usual instance..." is wrong.

[/quote]

Guess they need to update their charter. To be honest I don''t have a problem with them not refunding a ticket on matchday because they may not sell it and lose £27 or whatever the price is.

But I would have thought if someone buys a ticket and then maybe has to go and work away for their company, or is very poorly then they could still refund the ticket up to maybe the Thursday which gives them plenty of time to sell it again.

You can''t advertise them on here so you''d be stuck with it through no fault of your own.

I''m all for the club making money to get us some decent players but I think this is seems a bit harsh

This is harsh and will just put people of buying tickets!

I''ve returned tickets for various reasons in the past but now if theirs a chance I can''t make a game then I will just not buy and I''m sure other fans will do the same!

I`m sure if someone had a ticket going spare they would find plenty of takers on thewrathofthebarclay. As long as you sell it for face value there should be no problem with the touting laws.I`m sure I`ll be corrected if I`m wrong[:S]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

This is harsh and will just put people of buying tickets!

I''ve returned tickets for various reasons in the past but now if theirs a chance I can''t make a game then I will just not buy and I''m sure other fans will do the same!

[/quote]It''s supply and demand though.  They can put this stipulation on knowing that it will put off the "might be able to attend" brigade, because they can still sell Carrow Road out every home game even if the waiverers don''t buy tickets.  Good business sense on the club''s part.

Maybe they used to get a lot of people buying tickets and then returning them for one reason or another.It all has a cost and I suppose every little helps.

[quote user="City1st"]This is a nonsense as i''m not too sure of the rules about using a ticket with someone else''s name on it. It''s not as if the club could not sell the wretched thing given the demand.

Taken with the steep rise in goods at CR this smacks of petty opportunism. Non of these measures taken together will make a jot of difference, financially, in the long run, What they will do is alienate supporters and erode that ''family club'' image that NCFC likes to promote.

It is not a case of ''you pays your money you takes your choice'' either.Many fans affected here would be the first to chuck money into the blanket were we ever to reach such a stage. We don''t need to be abused because of our support.

Taking a business approach is fine, taking the pi** is not.

[/quote]

More anti-club spin from the ironically-named City1st i see.  Given that you keep posting a photo of your wife in her favoured garb i think the cat`s well and truly out of the bag.  Binner alert......

You can''t understand how pleased I am to hear this. When you said ''another change at the ticket office, I thought that lovely blonde behind the counter had left.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[IMG]http://media.photobucket.com/image/harry%20hill%20fight/lodgey180/HarryHill_fight.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Is that City Angle or Right Angle?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Angel - that charter was posted on 16th June this year so it can''t be that much out of date. Although it does say all ticket refunds are at the discretion of the club. However, if it''s now a policy not to give refunds then the "in the usual instance..." is wrong.

[/quote]

Guess they need to update their charter.

[/quote]

The date when that charter was posted is Wed 16th June 2010. We haven''t played a competetive game since then. So if it needs updating already then I suggest it''s worthless.

Just wait and see what its gonna be like if we get to the prm again.............theres gonna be riots at the price hikes u watch and see

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Angel - that charter was posted on 16th June this year so it can''t be that much out of date. Although it does say all ticket refunds are at the discretion of the club. However, if it''s now a policy not to give refunds then the "in the usual instance..." is wrong.

[/quote]

Guess they need to update their charter.

[/quote]

The date when that charter was posted is Wed 16th June 2010. We haven''t played a competetive game since then. So if it needs updating already then I suggest it''s worthless.

[/quote]It says discretion, in other words if the computer says, ''NO''. Then it''s tough s*** folks.

One other point I''d like to make is that when they introduce new rules, like no refunds for tickets in the future, shouldn''t they tell us fans or put something on their website. I only found out today because the nice man in the ticket office told me, if I hadn''t of gone down there I wouldn''t have known and nor would a lot of people on here.

As a non st holder, imagine how I feel when I can get a ticket, but you''ve already got 2 for your friends, who might not make it!!!! I posses me

off, so I''m happy with this. I mean, admit it, you won''t just buy 2 tickets in the future. Because you won''t get the money back for a "silly mistake", and when I go, they''ll say, "yes, we''ve got two tickets in the ........".

IMO in a very high demand match I bet they would take it back, in case you had a chance of passing the ticket on for a little profit.  I mean, say we got Manure in the cup,  a Norfolk  manure supporting plank would pay a black market price.The Gillingham match, not much chance of a sell out. NO REFUNDS.... The club''s discretion

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]As a non st holder, imagine how I feel when I can get a ticket, but you''ve already got 2 for your friends, who might not make it!!!! I posses me off, so I''m happy with this. I mean, admit it, you won''t just buy 2 tickets in the future. Because you won''t get the money back for a "silly mistake", and when I go, they''ll say, "yes, we''ve got two tickets in the ........".[/quote]

I see your point but I rarely buy tickets for home games as I have my season ticket seat. On this one occasion I was meant to have friends stay for the weekend when we were playing Walsall so thought I''d surprise them and treat them to the game rather than leave them at my home  but due to sickness they couldn''t make it so I returned the tickets a couple of days before the game. It wouldn''t have deprived you of a ticket as the gate was only 23,000 so there were 3000 spare seats.

My main concern with ticket refunds would be away games, I returned  tickets for two away games last season,both because I was poorly and couldn''t travel 

Neither were as you descibe it silly mistakes, I bought the tickets in good faith and intended to use them but you can''t help being poorly.

As someone else said if it happens again people will have to try and sell them on rather than lose £25 - £30.