Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Ruddy Hell!!

Just a quick one on our new keeper, was at the Everton game on saturday were i thought we as a team played some really great stuff (Surman, Croft, Nelson and Fox) which has left me feeling optimistic for the game on Friday and the season ahead.However i just hope that Saturdays game was a one off for John Ruddy, his first have blunder and several decisions he made throughout the game were extremly poor. Im a little concerned about him, I have heard from a player that use to play with him he started his career of really well at Cambridge United, think he played 15 games at the end of the season for them after their first team keeper was injured and impressed at a young age. Everton signed him off the back of these performances at Cambridge and have been loaning him out ever since. The concerning thing is that these loanee clubs have not followed up with a signing, just sent him back with no inquiries.One game in pre season cant justify me making a complete judgment and i hope im wrong, im just pleased that we have an extremly good back up keeper in Declan Rudd if everything goes wrong. cue morty and wizz.... blah blah blah.

You obviously have not noticed the "John Ruddy Awful" thread about 5 or 6 below this one then[:P]

No No dont get me wrong i really hope he turns out to be a good signing, and im sure i will just a little concerned. I just really like Rudd.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]must of missed it.... haha[/quote]Yeah, it was pretty well hidden, 6 threads below this one.[:)]

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Sorry i have a life and dont spend all day everyday on here.....

[/quote]

some people can have a quick look up and down the page to check there isn''t already a thread on this.

I just hope that this thread was a one off for NCFC4LIFE, his first blunder and several points he made throughout the post were extremly poor. Im a little concerned about him.One pointless thread in isolation cant justify me making a complete judgment and i hope im wrong, im just pleased that we have an extremly good back up poster in Silly Sausage should things get bad.

I would just like to add my views. I thought he played ok other than that mistake. However I am not worried at all. It is much, much better for him to have his first mistake in a pointless game than in the league. But the main reason I am not worried, is we have excellent back up. I rate Rudd very, very highly. I would be more than happy to play him, even though he''s only 19 and played just 6 times for us before.

[quote user="Brendo "]I would just like to add my views.

I thought he played ok other than that mistake. However I am not worried at all. It is much, much better for him to have his first mistake in a pointless game than in the league. But the main reason I am not worried, is we have excellent back up. I rate Rudd very, very highly. I would be more than happy to play him, even though he''s only 19 and played just 6 times for us before.
[/quote]Rudd punches far to much for me, and doesn''t look strong in the air