Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

London Canaries

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Living inside the Ring Road and seeing no reason to ever go outside it (apart from nipping over the far side to go to Carra Rud)[/quote][:)]

I''m sorry son, I''d like to offer some sort of encouragement but RULES is RULES. If you don''t live in Norwich, you''re NOT ALLOWED to support Norwich City. Have you tried supporting Arsenal?

[quote user="Canary1902"]I''m already a member to be honest. But the website isn''t particularly user friendly. No forums or anything. They basically just post places to meet. And I don''t fancy turning up somewhere looking like a spare part[/quote]Then don''t dress as a piece of machinery and you''ll be fine.

Bumpkin - If you''re so against Laaaaardaaarnnnn, why you taawwkkking like you is innn daaa ghetttttoooo.

Sod off back to Ipswich!

No, no I''m not. But at least I''ll be at the game (like all REAL fans), cheering the lads on rather than sitting sipping Pinot Grigio in a London gastropub brayingto Tarquin and St John about Wasps and Saracens.

A local club for local people.

Err, Monty, I''ll be at the game too, in my usual seat, season ticket in hand and quite possibly watching it after drinking not pinot grigio but CHB

Doubtful, I''m not from the east end.

As I was born in Norfolk but now live somewhere else, am I now destined to roam the UK without any right to a hometown?

My God, they may as well replace "On the ball City" before kick off with "Knees up mother Brown"[;)]

I''m moving to London in a month or so and will deffo join the Capital Canaries. Like many I have had to book friends to go with me, but my Chelsea supporting mate got so fed up of the shit atmosphere at the Bridge, he now thoroughly enjoys coming to watch the mighty yellows.

Nice one Willmeister, Give me a message when you get here and we can arrange to go to a few games (home & away) if you fancy it. I''m going to be at that the Capital Canaries meeting on the 6th to see if I can run into a few people. They''ve got the Watford game showing in there afterward so should be a decent night. Hopefully we''ll be top of the league after the first match.

Bumpkin - I''m afraid I''m not going to the Watford match, as it would have been a delight to meet with you. I am however travelling 170 miles from London to Scunthorpe for the first away match of the season. Will you be there? Or is venturing out of Norfolk against your "Staying Local" rule!?

I should say that ever since the age of 7 I have been an exile. First in Hampshire, then to Bath for university. Canary1902, At Yeovil last season I met a chap, who goes to University in London and since then he has been my official Norwich watching buddy. My Chelsea supporting mate is quite keen to come to most of the London games this season, so you are more than welcome to come along with us, we are quite a civilised bunch.

[quote user="Canary1902"]

Nice one Willmeister, Give me a message when you get here and we can arrange to go to a few games (home & away) if you fancy it. I''m going to be at that the Capital Canaries meeting on the 6th to see if I can run into a few people. They''ve got the Watford game showing in there afterward so should be a decent night. Hopefully we''ll be top of the league after the first match.

Bumpkin - I''m afraid I''m not going to the Watford match, as it would have been a delight to meet with you. I am however travelling 170 miles from London to Scunthorpe for the first away match of the season. Will you be there? Or is venturing out of Norfolk against your "Staying Local" rule!?

[/quote]

Don''t ever expect to meet Herr Bumpkin... he bottled out of our duel at dawn on Felmingham Heath a couple of weeks ago after he had besmirched my character and claimed title to Daguerrotypes of the Milan away game that had been taken by my own fair hand.  As a former ''Capital Canary'' of 1970''s vintage, I am sure that you will meet a great bunch of people to enjoy travelling to games as well as partaking of the occasional beverage! 

Definately take you up on that Willmeister.

Like I said i''m on Facebook the usual so I can always PM you my name and you can look me up if you are on there.

If not, we''ll have to make arrangements to meet up at some point.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]

Horn, you bounder!

I waited patiently, with my second, on Mousehold Heath (near the bandstand) three hours. I think, Sir, that it was you who failed to attend the duel!

[/quote]

Wrong Heath, Bumpkin you cad!  There again I forgot that you don''t venture beyond the Outer Ring Road for fear of infection....curses!

Right-mided people wound never have any reason to stray beyond the Ring Road. Only the feeble-minded, workshy, sexual deviants or general wrong''uns and ne''re-do-wells would do that.

[quote user="Canary1902"]

DON''T VENTURE OUT THE RING ROAD!!!!!

A Local Ringroad for Local People!!!

[/quote]

Unless one has a Crucifix and a clove or two of garlic of course!

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Right-mided people wound never have any reason to stray beyond the Ring Road. Only the feeble-minded, workshy, sexual deviants or general wrong''uns and ne''re-do-wells would do that.[/quote]So how would they get to Carrow Road you doughnut?

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]Until some communist planner dreamt up Koblenz Stalingrad Phnom Phen Avenue, Carrot Rud used to be the Ring Road[/quote]That''s news to me,  perhaps the ground has been moved instead then[*-)]

The Ground hasn''t moved.

Carrow Road hasn''t moved.

The Ring Road has moved - toally new bit of road opened up at the time of the Riverside redevelopment. Koblenz Avenue.

Have you ever actually been to the ground?

Are you some sort of Lahhhnnnddddhhhannnnn-based imposter?

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]

The Ground hasn''t moved.

Carrow Road hasn''t moved.

The Ring Road has moved - toally new bit of road opened up at the time of the Riverside redevelopment. Koblenz Avenue.

Have you ever actually been to the ground?

Are you some sort of Lahhhnnnddddhhhannnnn-based imposter?

[/quote]The Ground hasn''t moved.  Got that bitCarrow Road hasn''t moved.  Got that bitThe Ring Road has moved  Got that bitThe bit I don''t get is.  The ground has never actually been inside the ring road ever.  But you''re trying to brainwash me into thinking it was.[:''(]