Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

London Canaries

Hi everyone,

Just recently joined the site. I''ve been living in London for around 2 years now and everytime I want to go to a Norwich match I have to bribe one of my mates which is getting beyond a joke. If I have to put up with the terrible atmosphere at Chelsea one more time i''ll scream.

Thought it was about time I hooked up with some others to maybe travel to a few home games, maybe some local away games. I''m up for a laugh, like to have a beer etc.

Get back to me if you''re want to have a chat. I''m on Facebook so can always talk through there too.

Cheers Dudes

OTBC!

I''m already a member to be honest. But the website isn''t particularly user friendly. No forums or anything. They basically just post places to meet. And I don''t fancy turning up somewhere looking like a spare part

[quote user="Canary1902"]I''m already a member to be honest. But the website isn''t particularly user friendly. No forums or anything. They basically just post places to meet. And I don''t fancy turning up somewhere looking like a spare part[/quote]Oh right. I have met up with some of them a few times and found them all pretty nice and friendly.

Hey,

If you feel like travelling to any games with the Capital Canaries it will only cost £13.

Anyway I would be happy to to talk about Norwich over a drink. I am based in Central London.

I only really joined at the end of last season so i''ve not really had chance to get going with it yet.

It''s just the initial meeting that I was concerned about. I don''t want to just turn up in the hope i''ll get talking to somebody.

Figured forums would be a good place to get to know people and maybe arrange some to go to some matches?

[quote user="Canary1902"]I only really joined at the end of last season so i''ve not really had chance to get going with it yet.

It''s just the initial meeting that I was concerned about. I don''t want to just turn up in the hope i''ll get talking to somebody.

Figured forums would be a good place to get to know people and maybe arrange some to go to some matches?[/quote]Yeah, I know what you mean. Theres a few of them post on here, this thread may lure them in.

[quote user="Canary1902"]I''m already a member to be honest. But the website isn''t particularly user friendly. No forums or anything. They basically just post places to meet. And I don''t fancy turning up somewhere looking like a spare part[/quote]In my brief London living life I found the Capital Canaries to be extremely accommodating and helpful - in a weird way it was nice to know I was surrounded by fellow Canaries. I''d recommend you going to one of their functions or joining them on a trip to Carrow Road and just get involved!

I joined the Capital Canaries and have done absolutely nothing since, though I did get an email recently about an upcoming meeting with Delia. I''ve since decided to move back to Norwich, after almost exactly 2 years in London too, making my membership slightly redundant. I apologise - I have nothing helpful to say.

I have had the same problem in Brighton for years now! The small TV in the backroom etc having had to ''book a mate'' to come with me weeks in advance....

Anyone out there in Brigthon wanting to watch the games??

However, I also recently started living in London as well so will be looking for decent places to watch the games there and get to as many matches as poss, travel is much easier from the capital.

Canary 1902,

I have a season ticket in the Lower Barclay. I try to get to most of the Saturday home games and usually travel with the Capitals.

The Watford game will obviously be on SKY and I expect many of the Capitals will watch the game at the Offside Bar located near Angel and Old street tube stations. Might be an opportunity to meet some of them and then use the travel facilities.

I can assure you it''s a very friendly and easy going group and you will be made most welcome. Any further questions feel free to ask.

[quote user="Canary1902"]I only really joined at the end of last season so i''ve not really had chance to get going with it yet.

Figured forums would be a good place to get to know people and maybe arrange some to go to some matches?[/quote]If you''re not going to Carrow Road for the Watford game then why not go along to the Old Red Lion, 418 St John''s St, EC1 to watch it there. The pub is owned by a Norwich fan who is a Capital Canary and you should see plenty of people in there wearing City colours on the night.It''s a public bar so if you''re a bit worried just turn up and see what you think. No one will know who you are unless you choose to tell them so if you feel uncomfortable just don''t say anything. But if you do get talking you''ll find they''re a friendly crowd and they''ll quickly put you at ease.If you do get to like what you see on the Friday you could always pop back on the following Monday for the AGM when Delia and MWJ amongst other Club guests usually turn up for the Q & A session.If you''ve never been to a fans forum at Carrow Road now is the chance to see one in action in London. Can''t promise it''ll be as lively as last year''s was, coming only two days after the 7-1 Colchester horror show, but it''ll be worth taking a look I think.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Canary 1902,

I have a season ticket in the Lower Barclay. I try to get to most of the Saturday home games and usually travel with the Capitals.

The Watford game will obviously be on SKY and I expect many of the Capitals will watch the game at the Offside Bar located near Angel and Old street tube stations. Might be an opportunity to meet some of them and then use the travel facilities.

I can assure you it''s a very friendly and easy going group and you will be made most welcome. Any further questions feel free to ask.[/quote]Hi Jim.I''m told the Offside Bar is being refurbished at the moment so the new base for the time being is The Old Red Lion which too is very near Angel tube station.

Thats right from the email I just read. The Old Red Lion is the Offside Bar''s "Sister Bar" apparently. I''ll probably nip down there for the Watford game. Neck a couple of pints for dutch courage before I attempt to speak to people.

God, I feel like I''m back to my pulling days.

[quote user="Canary1902"]

Thats right from the email I just read. The Old Red Lion is the Offside Bar''s "Sister Bar" apparently. I''ll probably nip down there for the Watford game. Neck a couple of pints for dutch courage before I attempt to speak to people.

God, I feel like I''m back to my pulling days.

[/quote]Best not to get confused with this and your pulling days so wouldn''t recommend sidling up to any ladies at the bar and saying, " Mine''s a large one "......( lol )Born in 1902 ? Could be a problem as won''t be many there who''ll remember City playing at Newmarket Road !!

well 1902, i''m a greenwich canary so just down the hill from you in B''heath fella. i''m not a capital canary (although i probably should sign up)...me and a few ex-pats from all over london meet up for the london (and near) away games. qpr & millwall are nailed on. we also get the train up to the odd home game so if you dont mind joining us it''ll help pass the 2 hours each way.

your first email sounded like the tone i had when i used to get dragged by my pals along to the yids & hamsters games when i was younger...no chance of that happening now.

we''ll catch up nearer the qpr fixture no doubt...

Cheers Spencer. Sounds spot on to be honest. I usually go to the London games even if it means going on my own. Went to Millwall on my own last season.

Definately be interested in meeting up. Anything you want to know just ask. I have the "Good Old Facebook" if you wanted to contact me through there also.

Thanks

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]No it doesn''t - Norwich is local team for local people. FACT!!!![/quote]

[:D] You''re not related to Cluck by any chance?

[/quote]Just as well people aren''t biting though......

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]No it doesn''t - Norwich is local team for local people. FACT!!!![/quote]

[:D] You''re not related to Cluck by any chance?

[/quote]

Just as well people aren''t biting though......
[/quote]

I learned my lesson after Cluck caught me out a couple of times[:$]

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]No it doesn''t - Norwich is local team for local people. FACT!!!![/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/VillageIdiot.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Canary1902"]

Back on the original point - Contact me London Canaries!!

I need beer, football and laughs

[/quote]

Alright there 1902. I''m in Bromley and have a season ticket, if ever you fancy a drive up to Nelson''s county let us know - talking to myself in the car is starting to grate a little!

Tend to meet some friends in Norwich for a cheeky beer before kick off and then head to the ground. Never got round to meeting the Capital canaries, wife would probably divorce me, but if you fancy a jar and some Norwich discussion, always about...

I''m a twitter-er too - thecartweeter

I''m not a true Norwich fan and therefore live in London rather than Norfolk and don''t have a season ticket, however I did make it to 10 away games and 3 home games last season and will definitely be in the Old Red on the 6th. It''s a great little pub, 5 real ales on draught (if you like that kind of thing, i certainly do), small beer garden out the back and also the owner and manager (who is my best mate) are both massive Norwich fans so will always show any televised City games at either the old red or the offside or both.

I''ll be wearing the Asics sponsored shirt from 1989/91 seasons and have a few tattoos on my arms so i shouldn''t be too hard to spot, if that doesn''t put you off too much then come over and say hi.

Yeah I definately will mate. I''ll probably just stick my home shirt on, not that that will help if everyone is wearing it.

You on Facebook at all?

I can always message you on here anyway nearer the time if you are definately going